It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Name of God is...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Man?

Yes, that's right, man. We were created in God's image, and as God is as he appears, He is Man.

Want proof? Of course you do, who wouldn't?

I found this the other day while finding evidence for Satan being a necessary evil (a different thread, coming out soon), and IT WORKS. It MAKES SENSE.

That, or it is just a really cool coincidence.

Apparently, Yahweh is spelt similar to this: n7n'

(don't worry, link is to follow)

Place vertically, it appears to resemble the figure of a man.

www.lionofgod.com...

Odd coincidence? Another example of life imitating art?

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   
This is what the picture looks like that is used for this argument.

I do not think that this is what God had in mind then He was talking to Moses and besides, it was an angel in the burning bush.
Another thing is that the written language of the time of Moses was not the same as it is today.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   
No one can say exactly what was said or meant, since meanings and translations change as well. But written characters do not. We have scroll upon scroll of ancient Hebrew writings, so this can be easily validated.

I was just pointing out a rather bizarre coincidence, that man was created in God's image, and that, as it so happens, God's name appears to be that of a man.

It isn't as if I was showing that Solomon's Temple was a representation of man.

www.kingsolomonsastonishingtemplesecrets.org...

One can find images of anything you want, if you look hard enough. But this whole name thing was, well, rather interesting.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by The Soothsayer

The name of GOD is the universe, everything in it, everything not in it, and everything else.

Or to simplify: Om or Aum, This represents to buddhists, and hindus the sound of all creation blossoming and evolving. It is in other words the sound of god. So they say it is the ultimate sound, the sound that all other sounds manifest from. In fact the christian and jewish and muslims Amen, Amin, Omin all come from OM or AUM.

Simple stuff.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Like what william cooper said to someone in hollywood, that believed that. "Can you make me a universe". I think it was shirley maclane, or some witch, lol

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Hello soothsayer,

#1 Love the Lord your God with all of your heart, all of your mind, all of your body, and all of your soul, and serve him only.
#2 Love your neighbor as yourself.

You ever noticed that there is no instruction on how to love yourself? Oh yeah, Love God with all of you...that would be yourself.

His name literally means "Self existent". Now the mystery that folks need to figure out is, what true salvation is and what Jesus was really talking about.
I can give a couple of hints...

"Son of man"
"Even the storkes of the air know there times"
"Be fruitful and multiply"
"Be not be unequally yoked for the lord desires holy offspring"
"and the veil of the TEMPLE was ripped from top to bottom"
"destroy this temple and in 3 days I shall raise it up again"
"forbid not the children to come unto me"
"Not one came into the world with out him"
"I am the gate of the sheepfold, no one comes to the father except through me"

3 Days
40 Weeks
9 Holy's

Peace

[edit on 29-9-2008 by letthereaderunderstand]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by gravytrain

The name of GOD is the universe, everything in it, everything not in it, and everything else.

Or to simplify: Om or Aum, This represents to buddhists, and hindus the sound of all creation blossoming and evolving. It is in other words the sound of god. So they say it is the ultimate sound, the sound that all other sounds manifest from. In fact the christian and jewish and muslims Amen, Amin, Omin all come from OM or AUM.

Simple stuff.

Aum is from AMUN and is Egyptian, just like the christian religion.
"Out of Egypt I have called my people"

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Coincidence. And of course there is no evidence to suggest the Bible is the word of God, so this whole thread is completely pointless.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
thats pretty interesting. There are no accidents or coincidences when you look at the bigger picture. God would be pleased with any name we made up (or found) for IT. Also keep in mind (for GOD IS the MIND in which I THINK)we would have no choice but to use IT's patterns to do so. So like stated, the universe is Gods name, that makes a lot of sense. I always thought Gods name or God IT SELF, was a sound, a sound that at first sounds like the Aum, but turns out to be more of an experience, that turns out to be more than that, but at this point, description fatally suffers all language barriers, and humble smiles will suffice...
Indescribable, ineffable, incomprehensible, and we think we can make up appropriate names(oh aren't they all)(oh and we do), how about a moment of silence. God is all religions, all speakable as well as ineffable names, all of us, all the same.
Every persons (explainable) idea of god, will always come short of what IT truly is, and what IT truly is, lays somewhere between every description ever made known, and even then, one must let go of all they know to even begin to fathom understanding.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Then, too, there's the fact that in the Beginning, God had The Word. And what is lettering, other then our attempt in recreating words?

To dave420... the bible isn't the word of God, it was written by man, in man's perspective. If you want God's word, read the Quran.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
This thread has quickly turned into ass-delving and opinions of the highest order. No-one is talking about facts, just their opinions painted as fact. This is pathetic.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Soothsayer
Then, too, there's the fact that in the Beginning, God had The Word. And what is lettering, other then our attempt in recreating words?

To dave420... the bible isn't the word of God, it was written by man, in man's perspective. If you want God's word, read the Quran.

I don't mean to disrespect the Koran, as it is inspired truly and a wonderful text, but I can assure you nothing men have written is the true word, but are there to foster knowledge and to teach by inspiration of the spirit. His true word comes out of your mouth and is only determined truly "Gods" word, at the fulfilling of it for in being true, you are witness. Truth is Truth and such is "God'.

Peace

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   

in english: Jehovah.

Psalm 83 vs 18: "That men may know that thou, whose name alone is JEHOVAH, art the most high over all the earth"

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I guess my question would be which name of GOD? You use the Hebrew, which removes all vowels as the Jews think to utter God's Name is a sin. But yet the Bible says we must cast out demons "IN GOD'S NAME" as well as other things.

Next which name? El Shida? El Cid? Yeshua? YHVH? Emmanuel? Michael?

You see as the situation changes so do the names. Unlike english hebrew names actually mean something and they change a lot depending on the circumstances. Let me give you an example:

Jacob means the supplanter, which Jacob did by sticking his arm out and being called the first born when Esau was the first born of the two. But later Jacob wrestled with God all night and refused to release him until God forgave Jacob his sin of supplanting. God did change his name to Israel, now Israel means one who wrestles with God and wins.

This brings us back to the names of GOD, which also are carried by the one many call Jesus. In Genesis Jesus is Michael, which means "One who is like God is" but when Jesus was born he was to be called Emmanuel, meaning GOD with us, and his name his mother gave hom was Yeshua, again with another meaning. Yeshua means Ya's Savior, or God's Savior.

So while turning letters around in circles and looking at interesting things like that one must grasp that GOD is not so simple as to put in a box.

And just as a post script, it is said that when Jesus returns his name changes again to "WRATH" and "JUDGMENT". Because he comes not as the Savior, or God with us but as Judge of all mankind and Earth.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
The full name of God is very special and holds immense power. That is why the full name of God is not taught. Also the full name of Christ as well.

Look up the Tetragrammaton.

And also Gematria.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Privy_Princess

Says you.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Now this, this is a key example why there are so many... so many vocal threads and posts on ATS.

I mean, come on, people... I post something, a coincidence, a slight "play on words" (or in this case, letters), and suddenly, this thread gets convoluted and twisted about.

We have people posting that this isn't the name of God, that the true name of God is, and we should be calling Him that.

We have people posting scripture, giving sermons, and out-right criticizing.

All of this, in the Name of God.

You people... *shakes my head*... no wonder wars are fought, people are killed, all in the Name of God. Everyone's wrong, but only you are right.

God, so it is said, is known by many names, and all paths lead on to Him (although, I admit, I prefer 'Her'). You don't see wiccans, pagans, satanists, hell... you don't see anybody who isn't of the Judean faiths arguing or going about if someone mentions an odd tidbit of information (but then again, Islam might have your tongue removed).

This is a coincidence, nothing more. It is no different then the word BLOB being blobby, or the word ANGLE having so many angles.

The only person who even got this thread was psychedeliack; letthereaderunderstand, I have no idea where you're coming from, and dave420? For someone who finds this whole thing pointless sure does like to post alot... you enjoy seeing your name in print?

Feel like that old guy being stoned in Life of Brian...

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by gravytrain

Yes and om aum is the combination of the alpha and omega! A powerful mantra..

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by dave420

Hi dave420,

One problem here the Bible is Not the "Word" of God..

The Word of God is G O D...

As it tell you in the book of John...

Quote:

In the beginning was The "Word"
And The Word was with God.
And The Word was G O D.

In other Greek texts that are translated into English..

In the beginning was The Word,
And the Word was with God
and God was The Word.

So God is a Word which is Spelt G O D....

It does Not say he was The K.J. Version or any other Version Nor does he mention The Catholic Church or any other Church of Human kind.

In the Original Greek text (Which I might add there is over 110 different versions) It does Not mention any Churches as declared in English Versions.
The Greek Versions refer to The Assemblies of Lights and The Seven Spirits of Light which are Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo, and Violet.

Good try but perhaps a little more work is required in research on your part.

I don't mean to be Dogmatic, but I would certainly encourage you to do more research, you never know what you may find.

A Book is Not a Word but is made up of words, besides it was written by scribes and Jesus said,

"Woe unto you Scribes and Pharisees and Hypocrites..."

Good luck with your research and don't give up until you find the Truth.

All human primates including this primate I am experiencing are full of theories.

But this is Perfectly Normal, and the way it is intended to be for this small world, Earth.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Privy_Princess

There are many names but often people tend to think that the Lord God in the old testament is God but these are two different ID's .

Can you give me a quote where it declares a Name for God instead of The Lord God.

The Word of God and The Name of The Lord god are two different things.

I thought The Lord God was The Lord who Jesus Christ (Which is a Name of Office IC XC) Lord of Lords, King of Kings.

On the Early Bibles in Latin Not usually available to the public at large was a Name INZ which was claimed to be the Word but in fact isn't what it is implied to be.

The All is founded on the Word INZ and the Word of God is just that G O D...

As it says in the Book of John first Chapter.

But then I am only a little one, perhaps the smallest of All... maybe I am right and Maybe I am wrong, it is Not for me to judge.... but to find out the Truth...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join