It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin Claimed Dinosaurs And People Coexisted

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Palin Claimed Dinosaurs And People Coexisted

www.huffingtonpost.com

The LA Times reports:

Soon after Sarah Palin was elected mayor of the foothill town of Wasilla, Alaska, she startled a local music teacher by insisting in casual conversation that men and dinosaurs coexisted on an Earth created 6,000 years ago -- about 65 million years after scientists say most dinosaurs became extinct -- the teacher said.

After conducting a college band and watching Palin deliver a commencement address to a small group of home-schooled students in June 1997, Wasilla resident Philip Munger said, he asked the young mayor about her religious beliefs.

Palin told him that "dinosaurs and humans walked the Earth at the same time," Munger said. When he asked her about prehistoric fossils and tracks dating back millions of years, Palin said "she had seen pictures of human footprints inside the tracks," recalled Munger, who teaches music at the University of Alaska in Anchorage and has regularly criticized Palin in recent years on his liberal political blog, called Progressive Alaska.

The idea of a "young Earth" -- that God created the Earth about 6,000 years ago, and dinosaurs and humans coexisted early on -- is a popular strain of creationism.

Though in her race for governor she called for faith-based "intelligent design" to be taught along with evolution in Alaska's schools, Gov. Palin has not sought to require it, state educators say.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 29-9-2008 by grover]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I hear strains of the Twilight Zone and X-Files themes playing in my head.

Personally I don't care about a person's religious beliefs just so long as they don't try and force them on me... that being said the whole notion taught in many of the more extreme of the funnymentalist churches by their mullah's that the world is only 6,000 years old and that we walked the earth with dinosaurs is the height of stubborn ignorance... to want to teach such ignorance in public schools as science is nothing short of idiotic.

The more we hear about Palin the less mainstream and the more extremist the becomes.

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   
In a weird twist of fate, her simply saying this actually confirms it.

Good luck with Palin, America. I think you're going to need it.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dronetek
I love how we're all supposed to forget about Obama's 20 year mentorship over a hate filled racist, but we're all supposed to be worried that Palin thinks humans might have lived along side dinosaurs.

Why forget either point?

I'd have thought that would only be an issue for a drone that's succumbed to the 'hive-mind' of blind partisan party politics.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Alot of pressure is being put on Palin lately and rightly so, she has a provocative background to speak of and some of the rumours that have come forward are beyond anything rational.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I have basically come to believe that funnymentalism (regardless of religion) is a hallmark of low intelligence... every time I listen to their arguments it becomes increasingly clear that, regardless of the subject... they have no idea what they are talking about.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dronetek
more worried about the guy who was raised to beleive the white man created aids to wipe him out.

Could you provide citation as to where Obama is on record as believing the lie you seek to perpetuate here?

Palin is on record for having a staunch belief in literal creationism, therefore the statement by the "music teacher" is corroborated by the governor's record.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I have heard convincing arguements for a six thousand year old earth. And I have some extremely intelligent friends that believe in a six thousand year old earth. I personally tend to lean toward the conventional theories, even though they change on an extremely frequent basis.
I don't KNOW what Sarah Palin believes, consderning a 6000 year old earth, and I agree, I am not going to base something on what a liberal blogger claims she said in a conversation about it.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   
This quote has been proven to be made up by a guy named Bob on his webpage. He did it for laughs.

Just do alittle research and youll find his page. Although Im to lazy to look for it agian.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tentickles
This quote has been proven to be made up by a guy named Bob on his webpage. He did it for laughs.

Just do alittle research and youll find his page. Although Im to lazy to look for it agian.

You only do a disservice to ATS and yourself by making a statement and then claiming your "to lazy" to back it up.

That should be a debate question: "How old do you believe the Earth is?" if she says 6000 years...HIT THE GONG!!

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by kettlebellysmith

Common sense is obliterated when faced with a religious faith and thoughts of the afterlife. There are very many intelligent people that are extremely religious, but that doesn't mean that they're completely intelligent. The belief in a supreme being is something nobody knows, as none of us have died and come back with convincing evidence. But denying stout evidence that the earth is nowhere near 6,000 years old and saying otherwise is where religious belief circumvents knowledge and common sense.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ATruGod

Originally posted by Tentickles

You only do a disservice to ATS and yourself by making a statement and then claiming your "to lazy" to back it up.

That should be a debate question: "How old do you believe the Earth is?" if she says 6000 years...HIT THE GONG!!

And you realize that in the time it took you to respond to his quote, you could have looked it up for yourself? And the same thing can be said of me?

Anyone who thinks the earth is (carl sagan voice) "Billions and Billions" of years old, need only look up one thing

Pollonium Halos.

Have a nice day.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Source
Check out this link.

The quote is a fake, a lie.

[edit on 9/29/2008 by skeptic1]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by sir_chancealot

And you realize that in the time it took you to respond to his quote, you could have looked it up for yourself? And the same thing can be said of me?

Anyone who thinks the earth is (carl sagan voice) "Billions and Billions" of years old, need only look up one thing

Pollonium Halos.

Have a nice day.

Give me a break he made a claim then said some guy named Bob had it on his website...could he be any more vague?

As for your Polonium halos:

Pulonium Halos Refuted

You have a nice day TOO!!

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by sir_chancealot

Pollonium Halos.

Wasn't she in one of Prince's bands during the early 1990s? Maybe the New Power Generation or something?

Anyway, for as much information there is about Polonium Halos, there seems to be an equal amount debunking the theories. I'm not sure it's wise to try and treat Polonium Halos as means to effectively end discussion as you're trying to do.

Have a nice day.

Thanks! You too!

top topics

join