It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does any one have the feeling that something really bad is about to happen?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Does any one have the feeling that something really bad is about to happen?

I am getting this strange feeling that something bad is about to happen, like another terrorist attack.

We have this mess on Wall Street in the middle of a Presidential election, it just feels like that something really bad is about to happen.

I am getting this feeling like I have before a bad thunderstorm.

Am I the only one?

[edit on 9/29/08 by mabus325]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by mabus325

No you are not the only one. Even non conspiracy theorists are feeling it.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I have a feeling that whilst typing this my boss is gonna come and ask me to do some work.....I have been avoiding it all day but Im sure it will happen soon....thats the only thing I am fearing at the moment...

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I feel it too. But think about it- for the past 7 years we have been bombarded by talk of terrorism.

And for the past what, year or so, we have heard about foreclosures and people losing their homes in the US. Now we are on the brink of economic collapse here.

Add to talk of global warming, food shortages, and an increase (or at least an increased awareness of) major natural disasters. Plus increased costs in food and gas.

And that is all from the mainstream media. I have been having a growing unease about the future of the world as we know it, and it is getting worse. It is my sincere hope, for once, that I am wrong. I do not believe in the apocalypse, but I do see turbulent times ahead. And I try to remember the saying that the only thing we have to fear is fear itself. Because I almost feel like the more I dwell on the bad possibilities the more probable they become- like I am somehow feeding into the bad energy, or helping fulfill a self-fulfilling prophecy or something. I hope that made sense.

I will say this though- I have been on ATS all night scanning the survival threads looking for useful advice and the names of a couple of books to buy. (BTW- thanks to all of you who have shared your knowledge in that area!) I also prepared a BOB- I should say that I have been meaning to does this for a while, in case of an attack- we don't really have natural disasters where I live, so other than candles I was not prepared in case of a weather emergency. But when your local government sends you a fold-out magnet with instructions as far as what to do in case of an emergency because case of an attack- including illustrations of how to tape off windows and vents in your home- perhaps it is time to prepare for the worst. Just in case. But I am also fatigued from being made to be scared all the time- I rarely watch TV anymore, except for a few "girlie" shows. The Shock Doctrine, as Naomi Klein calls it, has worn its welcome so to speak, and I am tired. So as of today, I am going to be prepared, but not worried. I can't control what happens anyway, only how I handle myself.

Unless you are living in a cave- which at this point kind of sounds less stressful- I think it is natural to feel as if something bad is going to happen.
But I need to find a way to transcend that fear- TPTB thrive off of it, and it is not healthy.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 08:29 AM
link   
You guys do realise we have had so many threads just like this over the years.

Somebody is always feeling like somethings gonna happen. That's simply because we are living in a time of great change, more than any time in history, technology is evolving at a faster rate etc etc, so more things ARE happening good and bad more than any time in history.

[edit on 29-9-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Energy flows where attention goes...

Turn the feelings of dread and doom around and begin to anticipate something good coming our way. It cannot do any harm, and actually, may do something beneficial...like to soften the effects of the terrible crappola about to come crashing down upon us.
When the SHTF, maybe the positive thoughts will cause a few pleasant aromas to mask the foul odor now permeating our consciousness.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 08:31 AM
link   
It's inescapable, really (the feeling something bad is about to happen). The masses have never before been so informed .. or so misinformed.

In actual wartime, enemies would spread rumours in order to keep populations off balance and anxious to destroy morale

Today, our governments and their cohorts are our enemy and the whore media takes care of the propaganda.

We can't trust the media any longer. Not only does the media conceal the truth, it also tells deliberate lies. Even fora such as this are full of disinfo agents and trolls.

The police can't be trusted to protect us, nor can our military.

We're kept expectant, anxious and suspicious, subject to one alarming item of 'news' after the other.

As they say, those whom the gods would destroy, they first send mad.

I first started noticing all this in the 70s. No internet then of course and the media had not yet fallen to monopolistic zionist control. Tv was the instrument used back then and they began airing one Nostradamus 'world's end' scenario after another.

For me, the 'head in the sand' approach worked well for many years. With two tiny babies and so much doom and gloom around, I moved from the city to a beachside town in another State -- stopped buying newspapers and ceased watching the tv 'news'. For those suffering disinfo-overload, I'd highly recommend this approach. Take long walks, enjoy your children, family and Nature, think positive and just generally give yourself time-out. You'll find when you re-enter the crazy-zone, it's all still there .. the end-times scenarios just keep on playing as do the constant threats of nuclear war, world starvation, deadly comets, political corruption, etc. etc.

I've found that I can only take so much of alternative news/conspiracy sites such as ATS. They inform but they also depress and can even defeat.

As they say, 90% of the stuff we worry about, never happens. And that's true.

Also, if something bad is going to happen, worrying about and anticipating it won't change things. So may as well get out there and do all those things you've been putting off for another day .. while you still can.

The 'glamour' of discussing and worry about all these things wears off after a while. Although often, it seems people are hoping for an end-times scenario, as an 'answer' to their life and problems. But this old world will keep on turning. It's seen a lot and will see more. Our lives are short. There's a lot of good to be found out there(and a lot of good we could be doing) away from the screen.

When you talk to those who lived through World Wars, displacement, near-starvation, incredible suffering and grief, you realise that all that's going on around us now is not all that bad. How could it be, when we're all sitting here before computer screens with the means and leisure to devote to what are often not even decently-concocted rumours, most of the time ?

Now the people in Iraq ... they know what 'bad' means, poor things. It's embarrassing really, when we make such a big deal of things in face of what others are going through. Many of us have too much time on our hands, I think.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   
i have sold my house and am living with my family at the inlaws house, our entire wealth is now in the bank and i am worried that with the current financial situation we may lose it all....so in a word....yes

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I have been feeling this for quite some time. I won't lie and say this financial mess dosen't have some effect. But it is more than that. It feels as though everything is slightly out of sync. Some things seem to be moving fast, while other things seem to be slowing up. And these things keep changing.
The best analogy I can come up with is this: Back in the days of vinyl recordings, we would sometimes put copies of the same record on different turntables. We would then drop the needle on the records at exactly the same time. One record would always be a little faster or a little slower than the other(and they would switch, so that for just a split second they might be in sync) That's the way things have felt for my household for well over a year. Every so often, we feel things get back in sync, then it gets fuzzy again.
I really want to run away. I just don't know where to go!

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to [url=http://What you say is true to some extent. But I disagree that we can do nothing about the things we worry about. we can be pro-active, making plans which will protect us, or help us get through the bad times. If nothingl happens, then great! We have extra supplies on hand, or we have psychologically prepared so that minor shocks don't bother us as much.
I agree with you that news is slanted. That is why I get my news from various sources, then attempt to digest things and make my decisisons based on available information. True, some of that information may be false, but that is true regardless of where I get my information. Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, has an agenda.
What I, and others, have been feeling is only partially related to what we hear on the news. There is somethng else. Something in the air. Nature seems different somehow.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   

...that's perfectly normal paranoia, everyone in the universe has it...

...just quoting (from memory) the Hitchhicker Guide to the Galaxy... (for the sake of good humor)

In a serious note, though:
I live thousands of miles away from US, and the Economical and Political situations in my country are rather stable. Though I don't LOVE my job it's not bad, it pays well and it's stable. I wouldn't even be in difficulties if I lost my job.

But I cannot help but sharing the "there's something about to go very wrong" feeling.
I feel very unease / disquiet, and cannot pin point why...

Just sharing...

Peace

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by kettlebellysmith

Hi, not sure to whom you directed your last post, but if to me, what I said was simply the old saw about ' 90% of the stuff we worry about never happens'. And that's true, isn't it ?

When we have small children, we worry constantly about them .. what if they fall off their bike, what if they get complications from measles, what if the kids bully them on their first day of school.

Then later, when they're teenagers .. what if someone drives into them, what if their friends persuade them to try drugs, what if they fail school and can't get a decent job, etc.

We do it all the way through life. And if we're amongst the happy majority, most of the things we worried so long and hard about .. didn't happen, thank God.

It's the same in our marriages, our businesses and careers, our neighbourhoods, etc. We worry, worry, worry. And then we build some more on those worries and turn them into full-blown dramas. On and on.

Often, we can develop free-floating anxiety, so that we're never free of worry and are always expecting the worst. It's a sickness really and if we have the strength and wit, we should rip it out by the roots and retrain ourselves to look on the bright side. It can be done .. just takes application. Basically, it comes down to 'choice' -- 'do I want to live with a grey cloud hanging over me, or do I want to step out into the sun'.

Everyone's different. Some enjoy misery and anxiety and would feel lost without it. Others choose a more positive approach. Up to the individual.
Even in the darkest hours of bloody warfare, there were those who could find something to be thankful for, something to smile about. Others would choose to be miserable even if they won the lottery.

Nothing wrong with preparing for the worst. Accomplishing that might alleveiate people's anxieties. Lots of people built and stocked bomb shelters in the past. They weren't needed in many instances, but the process of building them was theraputic and provided a sense of security and preparedness.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I certainly can relate...everyday lately it grows a little more...this morning (well, before sunrise) I was telling my roommate that we needed to pray for today to be a 'good' day, and it needed to end well (at the closing bell)...well, it's 7:14 am PST for me, and I see that the DOW is already down about 300 ! Wow-thats the exact opposite...yeah-now I've got a real bad feeling...

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I have been feeling the same way lately. I don't know which is worse, the feeling that something bad is on the horizon, or the feeling that I am not well prepared, as far as self-defense, food rations, etc. Maybe it's being paranoid, who know? But I continue to read these boards every day and am grateful for all the info and advice that can be found here...

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
It IS a feeling. I have heard people say something in the air isn't right, that people don't feel like themselves, and that time feels extraordinarily sped up.

I agree with these sentiments. I speculate that EM technology is being used against humans and distrupting the natural frequency of our electromagnetic fields, our auras. Actually I'm quite confident in this. It certainly has been harder to be tolerant. I'm usually an accurate typer and have been typing many more typos than usual. I've even found it more challenging to focus during meditation. I will tell you that the consciousness in-streamings coming in are intense and of a much higher vibration adding to the unsettling feeling as well.

Certainly times may be weird and bad things may be looming, but you will witness an amazing set of events over the next few years that will go down as one of the greatest moments of this history of the planet.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

Greetings Phionex may this aid you.

Some persons on this world have seen all this years ago.

Hardly anyone changed to the betterment for they could not see ahead so no action came of it.

I tell you from my soul that forces are at work that will take faith in the unseen to gain victory.

In the Light is there safety from the dark forces at work.

Best wishes for you my brother in the art.

I can aid you if it is time for you to know that such as Revelations tells us about. Keep the faith for it is true.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I on the other feel awesome feelings, not doom. But any outside me prolly should feel doom. I know I would if I was outside me.

My last feeling was a blast concerning something remote. Exciting I find what shouldnt be exciting for any foes. "My last foe flashed, then I mashed his ass!"--2pac

--the Sign

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Light2u

Well thank you for the kind words.

I will keep an open mind and watch closely no matter what.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Well as pointed out in (probably too many) other posts, the Web Bots predicted that something devastating is going to happen on 7th October 2008 - a week today. The Web Bots (correctly) precited something big was going to happen around 9/11 so this is making me wonder. A lot. As an anonymous poster pointed out in another thread, "could 10/7/08 signal the beginning of the end of the world?"

Perhaps this fits in with the Federation of Light's predicted UFO mass sighting on October 14th....(did anyone hear anymore about that unidentified light/object in space sighted last week?)

Maybe the direction the media's attention has been going the past couple of weeks is a method of drawing our attention away from what's really about to happen.

Lock 'n Load!

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by THELONIO
i have sold my house and am living with my family at the inlaws house, our entire wealth is now in the bank and i am worried that with the current financial situation we may lose it all....so in a word....yes

Why not put the money in a bank outside the US? There is no danger in Sweden for example, our government pays up to 250.000 swedish crowns to each person in case a bank goes down.

If I were American, I would put all my money somewhere else. This thing is going to hit you the worst.

And to answer the OP's question, no, I dont feel something bad is about to happen besides the economic crisis that was created by the US banks themselfs.

[edit on 30-9-2008 by Copernicus]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join