It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Active army unit to be stationed in US...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

don't think it is so much paranoia as it is a matter of looking at the events and deciphering them. ever since the patriot act we in the u.s. have been losing civil rights slowly and surely, and seem to be moving toward a military state or at least a more controlled one. having active army troops deployed within our country is disturbing to say the least

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
And what do you call them when they're at their home bases? They're "deployed" in the US then too. The troops in question aren't deployed ANYWHERE. They're trained in crowd control yes, but so are many other troops that never left the US.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by 1011010110

I didn't say "Define Shill"

I said prove I, Cuhail, am a shill. Show me a stub.
I am not in the military. I never have been in the military. It's so easy to argue with blanket statements and accusations, but, when asked to prop it up with something, you can't.

Interview some freaking ATS members. Maybe one or two that have been here as long as I have. Ask the staff if they can help you prove I'm a shill.

Do something concrete to prove that I am some kind of shill.

I'll be waiting. Not "caring", mind you. This is your task. Good luck.
Cuhail

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by 1011010110

Good post.

It is funny how the more serious an event is, the more serious the implications, the more serious and grave the possible outcomes of such poor decisions being made, the more the hard line blind men come out with fire, to tell us all how silly we are, worrying about our rights and all.
How silly we must be to think our leaders don't have our best interests in mind.

Wake up call: The discredit/embarass tactic is an old one long since adjusted to.

These attempts to derail the open discussion of a VERY important topic, by posters who claim to be impartia,l while calling themselves 'Thread Killers' in their avatars and the like, are old hat and easily ignored for the mindlessness they embody.

Some of us actually grew up mentally past say, the 8th grade. You know, back when, if something made us nervous OURSELVES, we made fun of others to distract from it, and prove how 'tough' we were. Then again some never mature past that stage, and are stuck with nothing better to do than pride themselves on being an Internet Tough Guy, Forum Troll...or Thread Killer. Being judgemental of those who disagree with you is fun and all, and then you grow up and suddenly you realize you have no friends left. But that part is still down the road for you I see.

And with my opinion out of the way, I am done addressing you. This subject is about ALOT more than you.

What brought me here to discuss this today was the news clip given to me by a friend. The remarkable part of this exchange is that we had a serious argument about a month ago, over the Patriot Act. Which ended in him calling me a conspiracy theorist, something he considered a curse word I can tell you that. We did not speak for a week or two, I was frustrated that he was so closeminded on a subject thats as openly discussed as the Patriot Act and its dissolving of our civil rights.

Then yesterday he sent me this link, and an apology. In his words 'I am not saying I agree with you on everything, but in two weeks we went from what you were complaining about, to them crossing a line I NEVER THOUGHT WOULD BE CROSSED.' He was stunned, and we had the first meaningful conversation about politics and world events that we have had in a long time.

As bad as this is, it has had one good effect. It woke up a friend of mine, who was long asleep.

[edit on 14-10-2008 by Alex Krycek]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join