It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Active army unit to be stationed in US...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 03:51 AM
link   
For "civilian unrest", "crowd control" from OCT 1ST 2008

This is my first post here, I've been lurking for a while but seeing this video on YouTube prompted me to register, after a quick perusal of the site showed no mention of it as yet.
I'm not from the US, but this is pretty scary stuff nonetheless.

This is the only source I have, but DemocracyNow! is a reliable source as far as I'm concerned.

(Don't know if I've got the video tagging doodah right, guess I'll find out in a moment!)

EDIT: looks like I did, but I screwed up the title. Allow me to fiddle about with that...

[edit on 29-9-2008 by liminus]

[edit on 29-9-2008 by liminus]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by liminus

This has been posted several times and yes, it is mildly disturbing to say the least. It is reported in Army times, so it isn't some fake story trumped up to scare people. I just wonder why they are doing it. What is going to happen in October that is going to call for this?

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

I don't know if anything will happen in October as such. A lot of the time people on this board (and everyone who thinks outside the mainstream) seem to half-expect the NWO to happen all of a sudden, like one day there will be some huge lockdown that will change everything.

I don't think anything like that is going to happen. IMO this is just one of many small steps in militarizing internal security forces and getting people used to the idea. You can't take people's freedoms away all in one go, in case they actually NOTICE.

Plus you have to make them think that what you're doing is in their interests, which takes time and money invested in propaganda.

Of course as I write this it occurs to me that things did happen very quickly 7 years ago, with 9/11 --> Afghanistan --> Patriot Act. So who knows? But I'm not going to get into that level of speculation.

(BTW this was supposed to be in current events, don't know how it got here)

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by liminus

Yes, but things seem to be picking up pace. There are other indicators pointing to some sort of October event as well. So, like you said "9/11 --> Afghanistan --> Patriot Act." feels like it is about to happen all over again. Personally, I feel like this bailout that just passed / is about to pass, is the equivalent of a financial patriot act. One scenario I am thinking may happen is that the markets will respond positively to the bailout at first, but once people finally decipher the fine print, the luster will wear off and the markets will go into free fall destroying what little remains of most of the middle classes savings, pensions and 401k's. The FED has no more tricks up its sleeve and people could take to the streets.

Good thing we will have a batallion of soldiers on hand to quell the uprising.

I think October could be a very bumpy ride.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 05:49 AM
link   
This has been concerning me for a while now. I wonder if it has any relation to the supposed concentration camps that are beginning to blossom around the states lately?

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Troops walking American soil with the specified task of 'Crowd Control' and stopping 'Civil Unrest'?
They are preparing for the next revolution. Are we?

So here it is.
Another line crossed. And still we talk about it.

Another destruction of our rights and security, by those who wave civil rights and security in our face in order to promote wars that increase their energy stockpiles and power. And still we sit and talk.

So who's going to pick up the first gun?
Who is going to START SOMETHING, DO SOMETHING about these people?
Who is going to lead the next revolution that I KNOW for sure now, will happen in my time?
And when are we going to stop TALKING about it?

When are we going to stop pretending that this home grown evil can be stopped with words??

It's easy to overreact to an announcement like this, but this speaks for itself, and source isn't Prison Planet or some other crapola.

Nothing about this can end well.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
And yet there's a 20+ page thread on here asking for anyone that has seen troops walking around on city streets and NOT ONE PERSON has said that they have. A battalion is made up of a whopping 300-1000 soldiers. A brigade (which this is) is made up of a whopping 3000-5000 troops. 5000 troops, whoopee. That comes out to what, 100 troops per state if you take the 5000 number, and 60 if you take the 3000. Wow. I'm really scared that 100 soldiers are going to take over my state.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Alex Krycek

What, was the other thread you started knocked down because of the fact there there is already a thread about this? I think YOUR thread was re-directed to it.
Why not take a read and add to it.

Thousands of Troops are Deployed on U.S Streets Ready to Carry Out

You go reveal your doom and gloom there. It's a moot point anyway.

Cuhail

EDIT-for atroshus spelling.

[edit on 10/13/2008 by Cuhail]

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
You betcha they expect civil unrest.
And don't think that every state will have 100 soldiers.
They will be in the major cities. And how many of them are there?

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Looking at JUST the two largest cities in the US, New York and LA (according to the 2006 US census), we have populations of 8.2 million in New York, and 3.8 million in LA. Now SERIOUSLY, what are 5000 troops going to do, even WITH crowd control weapons? If you take even a small percentage of people in New York, you're talking a HUGE crowd of people marching. You have a limited number of large crowd control devices that could be deployed, as many of the are vehicle mounted. Too many in one area and they start interfering with line of sight for each other. So if the crowd spreads out across the city, they can slip right by some of these weapons. Not to mention that the 5000 number includes troops to drive the vehicle, and service the weapon mounted on the vehicle, so now you have even fewer foot mounted soldiers to turn on the crowd......

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
There are other weapons thay can use.........man power is just the minor stuff I presume..................................?

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   
The 1st Brigade,of which there are many more than "1", was not the only brigade called to be deployed in the U.S.

The 3rd Brigade is also included in this order.There are over 35
3rd Brigades stationed all over the planet.

Each of these can have up to 10,000 troops in one brigade.

Think again about what power "they" would have.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 05:45 AM
link   
If they have 10,000 troops then they're not brigades. And 3rd Brigade is a generic term. Yes there are a lot of 3rd brigades, but they specifically mention which unit they belong to in their orders. Not every 3rd brigade is trained in crowd control. The specific unit they came from is mentioned, but I don't have time to find it right now.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Zaphod and Curhuil are shills. Don't bother talking to them.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cuhail
reply to post by Alex Krycek

What, was the other thread you started knocked down because of the fact there there is already a thread about this? I think YOUR thread was re-directed to it.
Why not take a read and add to it.

Thousands of Troops are Deployed on U.S Streets Ready to Carry Out

You go reveal your doom and gloom there. It's a moot point anyway.

Cuhail

EDIT-for atroshus spelling.

[edit on 10/13/2008 by Cuhail]

Yeah, they redirected me here. So I posted. Smart one aren't yah?

By the way if you are gonna try and make fun of your own atrocious spelling, spell atrocious right.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
Looking at JUST the two largest cities in the US, New York and LA (according to the 2006 US census), we have populations of 8.2 million in New York, and 3.8 million in LA. Now SERIOUSLY, what are 5000 troops going to do, even WITH crowd control weapons? If you take even a small percentage of people in New York, you're talking a HUGE crowd of people marching. You have a limited number of large crowd control devices that could be deployed, as many of the are vehicle mounted. Too many in one area and they start interfering with line of sight for each other. So if the crowd spreads out across the city, they can slip right by some of these weapons. Not to mention that the 5000 number includes troops to drive the vehicle, and service the weapon mounted on the vehicle, so now you have even fewer foot mounted soldiers to turn on the crowd......

This is exactly what they want. The thought process of 'What? This? This is no big deal!' Then the next time it's no big deal, and the next and the next, and finally not even the watchful, honest media are reporting it. Because it's no big deal.

And if you think the US doesn't have enough total military to make revolution extremely difficult who are you kidding mate?

You gotta look at this in the long-term. I know some guys post information like this and say GENOCIDE COMING NEXT MONTH! But like another thoughtful poster said, this is just a step on the road. Not the end of it. Not yet.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alex Krycek By the way if you are gonna try and make fun of your own atrocious spelling, spell atrocious right.

I'd google 'sarcasm' if I were you...

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by 1011010110

Burden of proof, chump. HOW am I a shill? Show me how I am a shill.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

And Mr. X-Files fan? Read the other thread. It's enlightening how many people just don't see troops in their front yards, neighborhoods or cities.

Get a clue people. This is a RE-deploy back to the States. What on Earth do you expect the US Soldiers to do when they get home? NOT train?

Cuhail

PS- Thanks Johnny! YOU have a sense of humor! Thanks for recognizing mine.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
A shill is an associate of a person selling goods or services or a political group, who pretends no association to the seller/group and assumes the air of an enthusiastic customer. The intention of the shill is, using crowd psychology, to encourage others unaware of the set-up to purchase said goods or services or support the political group's ideological claims. Shills are often employed by confidence artists. In the UK the term plant is also used.

en.wikipedia.org...

The Posse Comitatus Act is a United States federal law (18 U.S.C. § 1385) passed on June 16, 1878 after the end of Reconstruction. The Act prohibits most members of the federal uniformed services (the Army, Air Force, and State National Guard forces when such are called into federal service) from exercising nominally state law enforcement, police, or peace officer powers that maintain "law and order" on non-federal property (states and their counties and municipal divisions) in the former Confederate states.
en.wikipedia.org...

You call it training when the military are to be used for domestic crowd control. I don't need to know your excuses, pal. I just know two things: 1>the military are now being used and 2> on domestic land. Your problem is blind patriotism. You're really good at killing Iraqis and Afghanis that have nothing to do with anything, but when domestic terorirsts, such as Bush and Bernanke destroy the country economically, you'll blindly follow orders, salute the flag, and shoot your own brothers when they assert their own constitutional right to peacefully assemble, as was done at the RNC/DNC or at Katrina, when law-abiding citizens had their guns taken away while looters ran free.

Everyone has their excuses. You've got yours. The neighbor has theirs. Even my dog has its excuses. All I know is, we were told we were taking the war over there so it wouldn't have to come over here. Now we're told we're losing the war, and Bush is signing all these laws that enable the president to call martial law at any given time and use the military on the country's own people. The country's getting worse, not by some brown-skinned mooslems, but by some people who control the financial system and are intentionally destroying it, and when the public demands justice, you military will stand in our way, used as barriers against the will of the people who demand accountability and responsibility and justice.

www.youtube.com...

Actions speak louder than words, pal, and you know what? I take that back. You're not a shill. You're a traitor.

[edit on 14-10-2008 by 1011010110]

[edit on 14-10-2008 by 1011010110]

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
What's the god damned point. You're all right. The revolution is coming and the military will blow everyone back to the stone age. Have fun with the paranoia.

[edit on 10/14/2008 by Zaphod58]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join