It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Is Under Martial Law!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Looking on digg and just sore this maybe posted before but wasent up so thought id bring it to loght as its pritty big!

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Opps link here: www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 04:41 AM
link   
OP for a minute there you had me, must slow heart beat down now. Will check out youtube link thanks.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 04:49 AM
link   
I'm sorry for being a bit slow on the uptake here......... I live in the UK and have just clicked on this link....... HAs US Marshall Law been declared?????

Or not?????

I have a vert sick feeling in my stomach at the moment.....
Can someone please tell me what this all means.....

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Congressional martial law isn't the martial law everyone is askeered of.
Link

BLANKET MARTIAL LAW RULE THROUGH
MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 29TH

To report the martial law rule waiving a requirement of Clause 6(a) of Rule XIII with respect to consideration of any resolution reported from the Rules Committee, through the legislative day of September 29, 2008. It does not apply to any specific measure, but rather grants blanket authority.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Should of done some more research thanks anachryon

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Hi There,

I really wish that 'OP's' would not jump at the first headline they see. Sensationalistic claims require sensationalistic evidence, and the only evidence of 'martial law' is that of the term used to emphazise proceedings in the House pending the voting of a bill...in this case the bill of the bailout!

America is not under 'military' martial law...please check other sources for clarification. If military martial law was declared, Bush would most certainly address the nation.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 05:03 AM
link   
they shouldet use the term "martial law" if there is not one! why use the term?

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Sometimes, during a HOLD UP, a HOSTAGE situation can take place. I wasnt even surprised to see this headline........

In any case, there is no Martial Law yet!

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Yes, I think the title of this thread is misleading, perhaps a tad alarmist.

I'm not in the US, but I'd imagine that one of the first things to go would be most of the media outlets, except to tell people what to do.

Everyone - relax.

That's an order!

[edit on 29-9-2008 by mattguy404]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by forshow
they shouldet use the term "martial law" if there is not one! why use the term?

Because there is a CONGRESSIONAL martial law, which is just a procedure to force the bailout bill to hit the floor for votes immediately. I can't be 100% positive, but I believe a similar measure was used to push the Patriot Act through back in '01.

I'm not undermining the concept of CONGRESSIONAL martial law, because that's a whole other issue unto itself in situations like this, but there's no need to panic that we're going to see jackbooted thugs patrolling our streets. Not at this moment, at least.

You're right to be concerned, because this measure forces the bill to a vote without the rank & file Congresscritters having much time to review what they're voting on, though.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 05:10 AM
link   
"To report the martial law rule waiving a requirement of Clause 6(a) of Rule XIII with respect to consideration of any resolution reported from the Rules Committee, through the legislative day of September 29, 2008. It does not apply to any specific measure, but rather grants blanket authority."

2 days...ends today apparently.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Pehaps this is the so called "baby steps implementation" ?

There's a problem (the economic crisis), and there's a solution (the bailout).
Now, for that solution to come around they need a Congressional Martial Law.

I can almost see the news/feelings in a few days: "Bailouts help economy raise".

And then, in a few weeks or months we'll have another problem, and another solution on the horizon... all that will be needed is full Martial Law. Who's gonna go against it?

Peace

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I will be posting this entry into every thread related to this 'martial law' question.

Yes, the name is alarming, and no, it is not related to civilian day-to-day activities.

But don't breath a heart-felt sigh of relief just yet. There is a reason for the alarming nomenclature..., it is extraordinary that they should invoke this process with blanket immunity, especially since we have no idea what 'extras' will be riding on the final measure.

The 'enforcement' of the expediency is very telling of the intent. I hate to say it, because many of us here at ATS are in the unenviable position of being able to claim, 'We told you so." on the current financial crisis (I would much rather have been wrong); but it looks like some of us will be in that very same position in a matter of weeks, if not days. This 'blanket authority to depart from regular legislative process' can be applied to whatever measure they want, since the declaration of legislative martial law escaped the narrow definition of the bailout.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   
martial law will come sooner than later as military special forces are being called home to start our transition to communism so we need to fight now say something organize 350 million can beat any army anywhere

new topics

top topics

join