It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain did NOT return on crutches

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Hello, I am politically indipendent so don't confuse this post with the fact that I care, because I don't. I think McCain is too old and I think Obama is too young so who ever turns out to be the new president I can not care less. Besides, I don't even live in the US.

But I just wanted to know wether you guys knew about this or not, because I think this is just one of the things you would be totally unaware of.

Some week ago on the news (public service) here in Sweden, there was a pretty interesting clip about this swedish war correspondant who was about to write a book about his work as a journalist during the Vietnam war. When he did some research he browsed through his old material and found a clip (not shot by him but by a vietnamese assistant) showing a POW ex-change. One of the american soliders being set free and sent home was presidential candidate John McCain.
He looked pretty healthy. Well fed, no visible bruises and apart from a small limping he was able to stand in attention and walk by himself. Absolutely not as he said himself that he returned home walking on crutches.

If this thread is obsolete and already discussed, please lock it. If you doubt any of this info I will be more than happy to add the clip showing it all.
I just think that the truth deserves to be told.

Peace out.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 03:36 AM
link   
I'd love to see this video. I think it should've been posted up without hesitation, it's the basis of this thread. Anyways, since you've seen it and i have yet to see it, are there any signs that he's in perfect (as in normal) condition? No chance he was looked at after being released from POW status and later went to a doc or medic unit and realized he has minor or hidden injuries that would require crutches after discovering the injuries?

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 03:40 AM
link   
I don't recall him saying he needed crutches. I'm no McCain fan at all, but he was tortured.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Ok, here goes. He does look a pretty hauted though, but I tell you, no crutches.

MCCAINS RETURN

Tried to embed it but I just can't get it right... Will fix this as soon as possible.

Being a former soldier myself, and hailing from a family of such, and with my father being a veteran, I don't want to disgrace a man how was a POW and suffered the torments of hell. He should have a medal for it (and so he had). I just want this info to come to light. I am pretty sure that he said he returned home on crutches...

OT:
Still, war is bloody stupid and I bet that the pain he inflicted on others, both military enemies and civilians can not be repaid by some time in a camp. It was war. He was in it. War and heroism don't mix. Of course you can be a sort of a "hero" when you risk your life for your mates, but in my opinion true heroes don't do war.

[edit=typo]

[edit on 29-9-2008 by Raud]

top topics

join