It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Denver Cops Get T-Shirts That Mock DNC Protesters!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
My argument is that Free Speech works both ways. Would you consider this valid?

Or are you just in favor of speech you agree with?

Nothing wrong with it I suppose?...

What do you think the cops would do if I showed up to a protest wearing a T-Shirt with the bold print "#%@$ the Police. I shoot cops!"

Hmm?

[edit on 29-9-2008 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy

What do you think the cops would do if I showed up to a protest wearing a T-Shirt with the bold print "#%@$ the Police. I shoot cops!"

Hmm?

I think the cops would arrest you for violating local obscenity laws, if they existed in that particular area. If not...then they should just keep an eye on you until you do something to be arrested for...no matter how minor!

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by rcwj75
We are as human as you....we have emotions, feelings, thoughts and desires...we also have families, friends, etc....so to expect us to be able to take punch after punch after punch and NEVER strike back...your sadly misguided. Someone on this board brought it up...they said cops have to hold themseleves to a higher standard..they said that we should just stand there and take as much verbal abuse as a citizen wants to pour out....well again..we are ALL human (well on ATS some would debate that..lol) and as I said...no matter the profession...sometimes enough is enough..and to NOT understand that tells me you have never had to deal with it.

Well said...respect.

Thanks for doing a great job out there and putting your life on the line.

There are many types of human beings, and today's society has produced a large quantity of individuals who have no regard or care for anyone save for themselves, or perhaps their ''homeboys''.

Your first post led me to the assumption that you were generalizing the protesters, but here I see that I was generalizing armed officers. We are all human beings. and the sooner everybody as a whole realizes that, we will continue to stay stuck in this rut.

We see a lot of the negatives in the media about police brutality and corruption etc etc..
but as has been said so many times before, we never hear about the positive actions taken by the people who do a job that many would not have the courage to do.

Why is that?

In many of the different subcultures of people that I have encountered, there is borderline extreme hate towards police officers. These people have become a product of their environment. They have chose to take the lazy, often trodded, easy path in life and let life steer them around. This is a gamble, because while many people can wind up having lovely lives, most often it doesn't turn out that way.
Instead of choosing to take action, many people with whom police officers deal with on a daily basis are so lost that they have to resort to harming other individuals(physically or psychologically) and inflicting pain to survive. These people don't give a # about anyone or anything except themselves, and looking through the perspective of a police officer gives one a profoundly different view on things. At least it does for me.

The universe that we see is a duality. Positive/Negative. Action/Reaction.
For every action that we experience, we will of course have a reaction. Everyone can react in anyway they choose. Today many people throughout every class of society are choosing harmful reactions to their surrounding experiences. They are reacting to merely vibrations of energy in ways that are harming their life, family, spirit and soul.

I feel that the militarization of law enforcement infringes on my feeling of safety because knowing my history, I worry about true boot-in-the-face tyranny where hate is the driving factor. However I believe that force is justified in more situations that people believe are actually happening.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy

Hmm?

To me this is pushing the limit. You wanna see how far your freedom goes by wearing a shirt like that at a protest. If you look like the guy in your avatar, not too much would happen to you. You might be watched, but most likely they would write you off as an mental instigator. However, lets say you looked like you just got out of prision, with mad tattoos, and perhaps brass knuckles. Then you would probably be heavily and closely monitored.

Why push the limits, and if you are at least go all the way.

I myself don't agree with police brutality, the police state, or the looming totalitarianism we are facing(so it seems). However as a US citizen, I would not go to a protest wearing a shirt of that type to test the limits of my constitution-given freedoms, to shout to my buddies: "look what I can do guys; by doing this this means I'm free. Im an American."

As an American, despite the seeming financial collapse, I am working on starting another company to provide jobs to the American people.

Remember what JFK said, "Ask not what your country can do for you; Ask what you can do for your country"

What are people that would feel so inclined as to incite hostility in other human beings at a protest doing with their lives? How many other things could be done with your ''freedom" that would be way more productive, not only for yourself, but for other human beings?

Besides there are way better shirts to wear to a protest, not that protests will ever do anything anymore.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Freedom of Speech works both ways!

"We get up early to beat the crowds"

Classic!

I'm in nursing school and there's no way in heck a nurse could have a similar t-shirt that would apply to patients. We are professionals and your hospital and your fellow nurses would kick your butt out on the street real fast. My teachers would also probably want to beat me to a pulp as well

Of course, I'm talking about wearing such a t-shirt outside a healthcare setting. In one...oh boy.

[edit on 29-9-2008 by ghaleon12]

[edit on 29-9-2008 by ghaleon12]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

Genius!

There is indeed a purposeful dividing of society going on. It's divide and conquer, and must not allow ourselves to be sucked into it.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   

If not...then they should just keep an eye on you until you do something to be arrested for...

Exactly. That's actually the point I was going for.

Likewise, when these Police wear shirts saying "I will beat people in the protest crowds", everyone should keep their eyes on these police men and be ready for their abuse of power and brutality.

no matter how minor!

What do you mean?

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by iiinvision

That is me in the avatar.

I was speaking in hypothetical. I would not wear a shirt like that to a protest. Mostly because I am already cautious of these corrupt police departments, and wouldn't want to be in their scopes.

I was just showing the double standards. These police men can wear shirts saying "I beat citizens" in public. Can the citizens wear shirts saying "I beat cops" in the vicinity of the Police. Not without consequence...

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Police State

It shows you just what kind of people we are dealing with when it comes to most cops.
They get off on abusing their power & with arrogant leaders like Bush you could say it's encouraged.

[edit on 29-9-2008 by corusso]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by rcwj75

I know many cops & a few military youngsters that like to get drunk/high. I also know even more responsible adults that do the same. But,to say you'd wear on of those shirts, well, that says it all.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by fatdad

Cops are supposed to be neutral, and these t-shirts violate that principle and furthermore the t-shirts advocate, celebrate and condone illegal activities.

But you know what, the more cops and security guards wear these t-shirts the better because then we can spot them off duty and everyone will see how politicised the police have become.

It might be good for the average citizen who is just part of a crowd whether at sport event, public transport or where-ever to see exactly what the cops think of them and how they are going to be treated!

In fact why don't the cops print t-shirts with sayings like 'We break the law to enforce the law and you can't do anything about it" or "Mess with the police and we'll illegally plant drugs on you" or "I'll tase you bro" or "I beat and arrest people for no reason - ask me how!" etc etc

Go on, wear a t-shirt like that to the next big sporting event or concert coppers and find out what the public thinks of cops like that!

I say this to make the following point.

Cops should be smarter than this, because it is your masters who want the crowds to direct their anger and protests at you, the cops, rather than themselves. Protestors just want to be heard by the people that are making decisions in our name. Thats it! The cop's masters put the them in the way to create conflict and resentment while the real perps walk around scott free in the halls of government!

[edit on 2008-9-29 by primamateria]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Typical "I can dish it out, but I can't take it' liberal pussy-bawling. YOU can wear t-shirts that brutally bash Bush, Cheney...OUR SOLDIERS, COUNTRY AND FLAG. But! When someone makes a t-shirt that offends your tender sensibilities you cry like a pathetic, miserable baby. Too freaking bad. You are part of the oral minority. 99% of the people in this country don't want to see you or hear you. We are busy working 10 hours a day, raising our kid and trying to enjoy life. These lib professors who work 2hrs/day and the Hollywood goons need to find a hobby to fill up their time besides bashing our nation. I am tired of having 1% of this country effecting policy for the rest of us. When will the average, middle class working man have enough of this crap and stage a 21st century Boston Tea party?

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Where can I get one of these T-shirts?

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by iceofspades

Yeah, but they are public servants. If the public expresses outrage at these stupid tshirts, they should simply discard them, shut up and do their jobs. Policing (and the power that comes with it)is no joke and it should not be treated as such.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   
That is awesome. I wonder if they are selling them. Nobody in this country can take a joke anymore. Everybody is so over-sensitive. I dont really see the problem. Maybe a little poor taste but that is about it. No reason to get your panties in a bunch.

Maybe the protesters could put out some cool and hilarious t-shirt to get even. But you know they will just whine and sue somebody because they got their feelings hurt.

[edit on 29-9-2008 by justsomeboreddude]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrBedlam
Where can I get one of these T-shirts?

You can purchase one at I don't contribute to threads R US.

Sorry, that wasn't fair. You did contribute political baiting

You can take that right Dr?

Typical "I can dish it out, but I can't take it' liberal pussy-bawling.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Typical "I can dish it out, but I can't take it' liberal pussy-bawling. YOU can wear t-shirts that brutally bash Bush, Cheney...OUR SOLDIERS, COUNTRY AND FLAG. But! When someone makes a t-shirt that offends your tender sensibilities you cry like a pathetic, miserable baby. Too freaking bad. You are part of the oral minority. 99% of the people in this country don't want to see you or hear you. We are busy working 10 hours a day, raising our kid and trying to enjoy life. These lib professors who work 2hrs/day and the Hollywood goons need to find a hobby to fill up their time besides bashing our nation. I am tired of having 1% of this country effecting policy for the rest of us. When will the average, middle class working man have enough of this crap and stage a 21st century Boston Tea party?

OMG, I almost had an orgasm reading this. This is perfect. Lets form a political party and bash these whiney wussys. "Oral Minority".. hahahha, that could be taken so many ways. We could take all those liberal professors and stick their sorry butts in a work camp. The possibilities are endless.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by justsomeboreddude
That is awesome. I wonder if they are selling them. Nobody in this country can take a joke anymore. Everybody is so over-sensitive. I dont really see the problem.

Police brutality is a serious issue. And it's on the rise.

Instead of taking measures to remedy this serious public concern, the police just make a mockery of it.

That's what bothered my tender sensibilities.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   

You can take that right Dr?

I am sure he can take it because he is a man and he doesnt need to go crying to the gov'ment everytime life gives him a kick in the family jewels.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join