It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Denver Cops Get T-Shirts That Mock DNC Protesters!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Denver Cops Get T-Shirts That Mock DNC Protesters!

rawstory.com

Denver's police union is facing criticism for printing a commemorative T-shirt that makes light of the use of violence by police, particularly in the wake of 154 arrests during the week of Democratic National Convention this past August.

"We get up early, to beat the crowds," the shirt reads, followed by "2008 DNC." The words flank a grinning police officer holding a baton and wearing a hat with a crossed-out number "68," presumably making reference to activist organization Recreate 68, which staged several anti-war demonstrations during the convention.

(visit the link for the full news article)

+9 more 
posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Are you kidding me?!?

These gestapo goons are now BOASTING and advertising proudly the FASCISM and violation of the constitution they committed?

A COMMEMERATIVE POLICE STATE T-SHIRT, for these violators of civil liberties.

Why don't they just print up a couple thousand more shirts with a Giant Swastika on them? Or "We love the Fascist Police State!"

It was sickening enough to see what went on there, but to advertise how proud you are of it? What is wrong with these people?!?

This is simply unreal...

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 28-9-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Freedom of Speech works both ways!

"We get up early to beat the crowds"

Classic!

+9 more 
posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

Yes! Be proud to violate your oaths to serve the people! Just like the fascists running our nation! It's so funny to watch the civilian peons rights go down the toilet day by day! Hardy-har-har...

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Oh here we go again....yes the police state and law is sooo out of control. Lets not focus on the idiots who protest by thinking they can act however they want. They break laws act like complete idiots, so when they get arrested they blame who...NOT themselves...lets blame EVERYONE but the people who wore masks, threw stuff, were disorderly, and just plane useless to their so called "cause"!

Hiding behind a mask means your opinion is worth nothing. MLK didn't hide his face and he made change, the people who truly believed in change and protest didn't cover their faces, they didn't throw stuff, they didn't act like morons...they protested, made their points known the right way...and look what happend...CHANGE.

What do we have these days...we have YOUNG protestors doing nothing more then causing problems...NOT trying to make change. Most of them aren't smart enough to even understand what they are complaining about. Most of them just take what they read in books, magazines or learned from some bias college professor and run with it...not realizing that in the end they will make no ground...they will instead make themselves look stupid.

Best part is, people believe the cops wear all the riot gear because they are "nazi's"..lol..NOOO..they HAVE TO wear it because people think throwing bottles, rocks, spitting and again acting like scum makes a point to those in charge. When all it does is dig your hole deeper. Protestors these days need to get jobs, move out of mom & dads house, and see what REAL responsibility is....and sorry, going to class at 10am and writing a paper on some useless poetry or literature topic is not being a responsible adult. Considering most of the people I saw at this "protest" looked like their life consists of drinking, getting high, and contributing NOTHING to the freedom they say they want/have!

p.s. where can I buy a shirt....

by the way...your rights don't give you the RIGHT to just do whatever YOU want because you don't agree with something...hence why so many got arrested...and soooo many more did not! Those few made their choice to act like morons...

[edit on 9/28/2008 by rcwj75]

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Now we're going to hear these policemen and women crying that their freedom of speech should be protected and it's their right to wear these stupid shirts.

I guess they don't quite understand that freedom of speech is for everyone, not just them.

[edit on 9/28/2008 by iceofspades]

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by rcwj75

Sure there are a lot of people at protests who are just there to cause chaos and tell a good story to all their friends. People who don't know # from shinola and people who are clueless and act stupid, however what about the people there that were met with violence who did not perpetrate such acts. Normal, taxpaying, working class citizens who feel actually do want to make a difference.

You cant put everyone into the same group, and you cannot rule out the many provocateurs at both rallies. How do you know that one of those violent protesters aren't one of your own behind those masks?

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by iiinvision
Sure there are a lot of people at protests who are just there to cause chaos and tell a good story to all their friends. People who don't know # from shinola and people who are clueless and act stupid, however what about the people there that were met with violence who did not perpetrate such acts. Normal, taxpaying, working class citizens who feel actually do want to make a difference.

I agree with you...innocent people ALWAYS get caught up in it. I am sure MANY were there to do it right and make a difference...but just like 99% of the people here on ATS...ATS members are ALWAYS bitching that police should "police" their own...weed out the dirty ones, etc...so why can't that work both ways. If you see some mask wearing idiot causing trouble during your protest...either kick his ---, tell he/she to leave, or report it so the PROBLEM is removed. Thats a major problem with people who protest these days...or atleast the "problem" people...they want want want..but NEVER do do do....hypocrites a lot of the time. IMO...

+7 more 
posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by rcwj75

Wow I could not disagree with you more. Your post was full of absolutely garbage. I especially disliked your rant about how most of the protesters looked like their life consisted of "drinking" and "getting high". What are you talking about? Sure some probably do but you are generalizing. Protesters these days need to get jobs? What makes you think they don't have jobs. You are spewing generalities and attacks on a group of people you have NO CLUE about.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by rcwj75

You do realize that law enforcement agencies use "agent provocateurs" to rile a crowd up and get them violent so they can move in with tear gas and batons, right? It worked in the 60's and its works now.

BTW DD, there is no point in responding to RRConservative's posts, S/he's a mouthpiece for the ultra-conservative camp and rarely makes a valid argument.

[edit on 28-9-2008 by InSpiteOf]

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by InSpiteOf
[

BTW DD, there is no point in responding to RRConservative's posts, S/he's a mouthpiece for the ultra-conservative camp and rarely makes a valid argument.

[edit on 28-9-2008 by InSpiteOf]

My argument is that Free Speech works both ways. Would you consider this valid?

Or are you just in favor of speech you agree with?

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I wonder if there is a way to vote off the government loyalists who do nothing but troll and spout off bs about how the government never does anything wrong and that those who oppose it are "evil terrorists", I'm really getting sick of the disinfo trolls, mods, can you do anything about these people? They never do anything to contribute anything worth while, they just troll along and pick fights, then when they are proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that they're wrong, they result to personal attacks.

Back on topic, good find DD, bet this will never make it to the MSM, however a 10 minute broadcast about some slip up that Obama, Biden, McCain or Palin, will be airing in it's place.

Folks, we need to flood the MSM with calls about stories that are importnt to us, like this one, call them over and over, spam them with emails, let your voice be heard that we will not stand for them ignoring things that are more important that celebs and gaffs. The fact that the NWO are now celebrating there tyranny and evil that they invoke on us is almost funny, simply because it's so insane, it's not disgusting anymore, at least for me, now it's intertaining, the fact that they are rubbing the fact that they abuse the people they take an oath to protect, that they are biting the hand that feeds them, in the face of the world is so crazy, so insane, it's just makes my mind explode to think that there are still people who think that the government is God (AKA rcwj75).

And I'm done,

-Jimmy

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyjackblack
I wonder if there is a way to vote off the government loyalists who do nothing but troll and spout off bs about how the government never does anything wrong and that those who oppose it are "evil terrorists",

Umm who said anything about evil terrorists.....you must be one of the protestors who has no idea what their talking about...rather just making stuff up to TRY and further your "cause". And I am not trolling...what now its trolling to voice an opinion you don't like...TYPICAL!

I'm really getting sick of the disinfo trolls, mods, can you do anything about these people? They never do anything to contribute anything worth while, they just troll along and pick fights, then when they are proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that they're wrong, they result to personal attacks.

And I'm sick of people not MAN/WOMAN/ADULT enough to debate without wanting people kicked off or getting in trouble...what is ATS a board for 12 year olds who need a principle...please. Nothing I said was disinfo..I watched a few vids from the protest, those arrested that I saw broke the law...they got arrsted...and your argument is? Those who DIDN'T break the law and protested did what...oh they DIDN'T get arrested and protested all day...yeah...so unfair huh..so there's your "proven wrong" theory shot to heck!

Back on topic, good find DD, bet this will never make it to the MSM, however a 10 minute broadcast about some slip up that Obama, Biden, McCain or Palin, will be airing in it's place.

Why should people breaking the law and being arrested make news? What glorify idiots who can't follow simple rules....Makes no sense...

Folks, we need to flood the MSM with calls about stories that are importnt to us, like this one, call them over and over, spam them with emails, let your voice be heard that we will not stand for them ignoring things that are more important that celebs and gaffs. The fact that the NWO are now celebrating there tyranny and evil that they invoke on us is almost funny, simply because it's so insane, it's not disgusting anymore, at least for me, now it's intertaining, the fact that they are rubbing the fact that they abuse the people they take an oath to protect, that they are biting the hand that feeds them, in the face of the world is so crazy, so insane, it's just makes my mind explode to think that there are still people who think that the government is God (AKA rcwj75).

And I'm done,

-Jimmy

Ummm...WHAT? At no time do I think our government is GOD or even great...but as someone who has been in a few 3rd world countries where speaking your mind (even in private) will get your family raped, burned, shot and you get your tongue cut out...people really need to stop crying over NOTHING!!! I say one more time..thousands protested the right way and were heard...and DIDN'T go to jail...then SOME acted like complete idiots and got arrested...and you think the police are the bad people...gotta love it..

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trustnoone1987
Wow I could not disagree with you more. Your post was full of absolutely garbage. I especially disliked your rant about how most of the protesters looked like their life consisted of "drinking" and "getting high". What are you talking about? Sure some probably do but you are generalizing. Protesters these days need to get jobs? What makes you think they don't have jobs. You are spewing generalities and attacks on a group of people you have NO CLUE about.

Interesting...sounds to me like MANY ATS members do the same thing to law enforcement and government employees...but as long as its attacking them or people you guys don't like then its all of a sudden generalizing. Take your advice and start talking to those who bash cops EVERYday and have NO CLUE about them..just like you said.

Originally posted by InSpiteOf
You do realize that law enforcement agencies use "agent provocateurs" to rile a crowd up and get them violent so they can move in with tear gas and batons, right? It worked in the 60's and its works now.

I'm not saying LE hasn't done shady stuff to further their agenda...but then that makes BOTH sides guilty of it. So in the end neither side is better then the other.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   

The problem in OUR time is that Free Speech doesn't work both ways. If it did, than there would be no such thing as permits for protests, needing to be a certain amount of distance between the protesters and actual event, there wouldn't be a need for RIOT POLICE, etc.

Free speech is all relevant in todays world. If there were a demonstration/protest FOR the IRAQ War, do you think the same principals of engagement would be enforced.....NOO

[edit on 28-9-2008 by hoochymama]

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Actually government employees effectively surrender a number of rights when acting in official capacity. This applies to policemen especially. Policemen are obligated to maintain a certain level of courtesy, politeness, and professionalism. An on-duty cop cannot, for example, use any kind of derogatory language when dealing with the public and expect the first amendment to protect him. This is part of what it means to be a public employee or civil servant, one who's job it is to serve the public. If these policemen are off-duty and in no way attempt to combine their personal views with their professional lives, they are free to do what any other person is. The fact that a union of professional public employees printed and distributed what could be considered derogatory/hateful/violent speech makes this an egregious display of poor judgment and lack of respect.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   

MLK didn't hide his face and he made change, the people who truly believed in change and protest didn't cover their faces, they didn't throw stuff, they didn't act like morons...they protested, made their points known the right way...and look what happend...CHANGE.

MLK and his listeners weren't rounded up by the hundreds, beaten down, and mass arrested for listening to him. They were cordoned off sure, and a few unruly people got arrested... but back then when the few became aggravated, the police didn't attempt to arrest EVERYONE.
The independent press and cameramen recording him also didn't have to put up with being tackled to the ground back then either.

You go and try to rally peacefully in today's day and age. The look on your face will be priceless when you get tackled and arrested regardless of being peaceful.

And your comment about how they look? You're seriously judging fashion at a protest?

Okay... when you get tackled... make sure you're wearing your finest 3 piece suit. It will look great torn up with blood stains.

Seriously man... I like people being idealistic, it shows innocence still exists... but when it gets to be naive, you should be asking those you disagree with WHY. You'll find out why there's no point in ridiculing them.

Don't you think if they could obtain change without getting beaten up... they'd take it?

[EDIT]
To add... yes, today's generation of protesters hide their faces. Unfortunately it's become necessary. You can easily be added to lists you don't want to be on, complete with your photograph, lets face it, if there's one thing that's more abundant than the databases insurance companies and employers check, it's the number of cameras putting your picture right up along with it.

Tell me...
Why do you hide your name?

[edit on 28-9-2008 by johnsky]

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by EtSolveMundi

Just to expand upon this notion, I as a citizen can cuss a cop out without getting arrested.........about 5-10 yrs ago. This is a serious trend that has become prevalent in a Cops attitude. The worry about a "American Citizen" and there rights is no longer at the top of there list. Using the above case scenario accusing an American citizen of being a terrorist is what is happening now. The next step is procecuting those who speak against the US Dollar converting to the Amero..........this will be a sign of treason for the powers that be.

Cops aren't all bad, but, like I have said in another thread... Cops have a family type attitude within there ranks and if you have the leader of "said" family falling in line with the Government rhetoric than all those beneath him will follow no matter what they might think. Especially with the Police payroll increasing so much because of 911.

[edit on 28-9-2008 by hoochymama]

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   
i think some of you are missing the point here.. police are supposed to be neutral .. they are supposed to uphold the law and not take sides for \ against anything while wearing the uniform.. off duty they can do what they want like normally people but on duty they have to put there beliefs aside ...

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by rcwj75

reply to post by rcwj75

Speaking of bias look who's talking. Were you even there? I'm sure your such a bookie, Guns and Ammo doesn't count.

I'm most likely wasting my breath on people like your self, you most likely lost all grounds when it comes to reality. Judging by your picture your in the military, work for law enforcement, or a security guard (wannabe cops).

I notice that you make not mention of the fact that hundred were round up in a park for doing NOTHING near the RNC.
video.google.com...

I'm sure it'll be more "Left Wing Communist Propaganda". Let the video speak for it self. If you can't see why most of the population distrusts police and the government I need not to say anymore. I guess you don't care unless your not receiving the beating.

If we wore shirts around the city sayings, "We get up early, to beat the pigs", what kind of effect would that have on people with your own mindset?

But like I said your probably beyond saving, so GL with your beatings.

[edit on 28-9-2008 by oconnection]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join