It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newt Gingrich: "Bail-Out...un-American"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Well, looks like the investment bankers didn't have enough money to buy-out this NEOCON to shut-up...

Does anyone have spare change for this Neocon?

"You have the former Chairman of Goldman Sachs asking for 700 billion dollars, and in his initial request, asking for it in such an un-American way that I think he should have resigned," said Gingrich. "I think Paulson has terminally misunderstood the nature of the American system. Not just no review, no judicial review, no congressional accountability. Give me 700 billion dollars, 700 BILLION dollars! 'I'll be glad to spend it for you.' That's a centralization of power that is totally un-American."

Source:blogs.abcnews.com...

Don't buy it folks, this Former House Speaker for the Scumbag party would have toed the line if a few bucks were thrown his way.

[edit on 28-9-2008 by Gateway]

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I actually agree with ol' Newt on this one, even though agreeing with him will make me vomit and leave a bad taste in my mouth for a few days, and even if I think "un-American" is a bit silly. The sentiment is correct: the bailout is a failed idea that will do more harm than good.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Can we all get on the same page here (pun intended)

See this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Seems there is about to be a last minute Republican Revolution over this bill. (awww, and just when they thought it was ready to pass
)

Newt coming on board I would assume means that they are going to back the MI Rep who is speaking out loud and clear over what this Bill does and how we can't take it.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Relentless

I only hear the sound of crickets coming from the Democrats regarding this Bail-Out.

They have no problems passing this sucker, their only gripe is to increase the spending on it. They want Bernanke to get on a Helicopter and drop zillions of dollars for everyone.

It's like Professor Woods said during the Rally for the Republic,

"Americans are faced with a choice between the Stupid Party and the Evil Party. And that once in a while the two parties get together and do something that’s both stupid and evil, and that’s called bipartisanship."

Source:www.lewrockwell.com...

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gateway
Well, looks like the investment bankers didn't have enough money to buy-out this NEOCON to shut-up...

Does anyone have spare change for this Neocon?

Do you have anything proving Gingrich was ever a Democrat or a liberal?

Or do you just like calling people names that don't fit?

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

Are you saying people who like BIG GOVERNMENT are Conservatives? Real Conservatives despise government, because we know that GOVERNMENT doesn't have the slightest clue on how to allocate resources.

Newt, has always and still does support Bush's MEGA SPENDING...if that's not a liberal credo, than I don't know what is.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

Hmmm.. I didn't realize that word was reserved for one party. there's trouble on both sides, I'd have to say their are Neocons on both sides.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
How do we know that he ISN'T being paid to say this? This could all be a ploy. I mean, for you guys who go into the deep web of conspiring, this could just be a scheme to fool the rest of public, so that when something DOES go wrong, they feel utterly helpless and give politicians the ultimate power to correct it?

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   
i think this could cause this set of congressional democrats voted out of congress. The wall street/establisment party will need to select new puppets to pay off because i will promise you this, I will vote against any senator (dem or rebublican) for selling out my country should they try to pass this bill in anything close to it's current form, and i am not alone in this opinion

the wallstreet /establisment party is a cancer on our constitution and the way each congressmen vote's on this issue will SHOW there true colors...RED WHITE AND BLUE or GREEN$$$

[edit on 28-9-2008 by cpdaman]

new topics

top topics

join