It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hot Sand

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Hot Sand

www.boiseweekly.com

On April 26, 2008, the BBC Alabama arrived in Longview, Wash., carrying 6,700 tons of Kuwaiti sand. The sand had become contaminated with depleted uranium when U.S. military vehicles and munitions caught fire at Doha Army base in Kuwait during the 1991 Gulf War. The depleted uranium was being repatriated. The sand was a gift of the Kuwaiti government. So was the cost of repatriation. Neither government will discuss the tab.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I just wanted to say welcome and thanks for American Ecology for giving Idaho yet another radioactive gift to dispose of. And also give them props for having the money to grease the right palms to get it here, all the way from Kuwait.
I have heard from various sources that D.U. is totally inert and harmless, I have also heard that it was horrible and toxic. I am led to believe that because of the quantity of sand and the expenses involved in shipping it here, it must be pretty dangerous. Why else would the U.S. Govt. pick up the tab.

www.boiseweekly.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   

I have heard from various sources that D.U. is totally inert and harmless,

Until detonated!

Click
Click
Click

Best off to stay as far away from it as possible unless you want to be sick/sterile, DU dust is as toxic as you can get.

Its use should be viewed as a crime against humanity.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Lovely. Now we have become the dumping ground for high flying arab lands.

If Kuwait didn't have us to bail them, they would be licking Saddam boots.

I don't like this, I don't like this at all.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by jpm1602

If Kuwait didn't have us to bail them, they would be licking Saddam boots.

I dont think using radioactive weapons was part of the deal. Thats assuming they even wanted to be 'bailed out'.

new topics

top topics

join