It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Phenomenon Keeps Growing, And Growing...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   
A big thank you to all our members who have contributed to creating a bona-fied phenomenon.

For anyone who as been watching our Quantcast ranking, our steady rise in prominence and popularity will be no big surprise. Each week, our traffic rank been inching forward -- sometimes in big jumps, other times in small steps -- in a steady rise into the company of major mainstream web sites.

(Quantcast is an increasingly popular open web site ranking service used more and more for accurate comparisons between websites.)

Today, our traffic rank surpassed (admittedly by one point) an Internet legend of high traffic, SlashDot.org. Here's the chart...

For those who may be unfamiliar with SlashDot, its popularity in technology circles is so intense, that sites linked from their home page are often so overwhelmed form the resulting traffic, that they crash within hours (sometimes minutes) of appearing... this is otherwise known as the "SlashDot effect." Well, as of today, the "ATS Effect" will now be known.

We're also getting within 100-150 points of highly-popular mainstream destinations such as:
informationweek.com
opera.com
schwab.com
norton.com
smartmoney.com
style.com
hm.com
goarmy.com

This is a clear indication that together, we are being successful in working to educate the broader online audience about the topics we feel are important. More people are learning about your opinions on:
The global and US financial crisis
Important UFO and disclosure topics
Political issues and scandals
Conspiracy theories and 9/11 questions
Secret government projects
Concerns about a New World Order and police state
Misinformation & Disinformation in media and education
And much, much more

We're clearly the most popular "alternative topics" website on the Internet. And of all the other sites in our genre that could have become more popular than us, the Internet audience has spoken, they want to know what the crowd of members at ATS has to say on these subjects. Not anyone one person, not any group of people, not any other crowd of people... more than any other, they want to know our opinions.

[edit on 28-9-2008 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
A Big thanks to all of the hard work of the mods and owners to keep this site up and free for all of us to visit on that daily basis which makes the site so popular. Thanks again to all of you mods and owners for providing me with this wonderful site and wonderful news.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Congrats! Well deserved attention and I think it will only get bigger. Although saying that; itt goes to show that Privacy is an illusion.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Thank You!

I literally just posted a thread with this exact topic...www.abovetopsecret.com... and the openess to the conpsiracy ideals, without even looking at this thread!

Quote my my thread:

Okay, I had a few shocking experiences I want to share with you.

1. This morning, I forgot to turn my radio alarm clock off, so at 7:00am on this Sunday, I woke up to the 'Pat Kiley' show on AM 1500 KSTP-Minneapolis-St. Paul. What I heard was shocking. He was ripping on the corporate fraud, Pres. Bush, Cheney, and others. He talked as if he was on ATS, it shocked me. And this is a major radio station too, the MN Twins are broadcasting on AM 1500.

2. Last week, I was talking with a old family friend of mine, and my camping buddies, he is in his 60's, and a former marine. His question shocked me, because he is by far the most patriotic person I have me, "What do you think of the 9-11 conspiracies?" He didn't rip on them either, interesting. By the way, we got to the point discusing this, that I mentioned that I got my news from a alternative news source.. (AKA ATS), and he asked where, and I said ATS, and someone mentioned they have heard of it.

3. The other night, I was talking with my uncle, whose pretty old now, and he asked me if I knew about a late-night talk show on conspiracies..... Coast to Coast AM!

This is shocking and a great leap for ATS!

Thank you SkepticOverlord!

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Thank you mods for all your hard work, and keeping the site free, I agree! I'm a huge fan of all parts of this site, whether reading into things for research, or just finding a few good reads in the conspiracy forums.

Great work, ATS deserves to gain on more sites!

Jephers0n

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
It is long overdue in my humble opinion. Perhaps more people will take a look and see what they have been missing.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Congrats, SO, and you guys deserve every hit. Thanks again for making such an open and inviting forum, and keeping it free to the members. Your hair and nerves will be remembered fondly

I have one question: how does ATS rank against coasttocoastam.com?

Keep it up, we'll be on top of that list soon. And that in itself will give more creedence to those of us who believe in your motto: DENY IGNORANCE!

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Because there is so much to read here that you can't find anywhere else! Congratulations to all.

It would be interesting to know....based on the administration's findings....what threads or information specifically is being viewed and in what ranking or frequency.

While it is easier to discern immediate number of views on threads near the top of the recent posts pages, I would be interested in knowing what topics and older threads are most searched and viewed. What old posts are getting new stars even?

There have been a few threads on here of late about searching out the nuggets of gold that are buried on ATS by members like smallpeeps. Understanding the rankings of older thread reviews/reads by current visitors would be a wonderful research tool. You have built it. They have come. Where are they going? Where are we/they swarming to revert back to an earlier thread:

Truth is Buried at ATS....Anyone Digging

Are there ways to dig out and rank these findings? Again, congratulations to all...back to panning for gold....

[edit on 28-9-2008 by DancedWithWolves]

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I want to see the rest of this description:

the site caters to a rather male

What? ROTFLMAO!

I'll have to look at that, cause the way it starts I think it's WRONG. The women are definately the ones driving this board into a frenzy.

Edit: Okay - the missing word is audience. Ladies?

[edit on 9/28/2008 by Relentless]

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   
WTG guys

May you have a long reign

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by DancedWithWolves
It would be interesting to know....based on the administration's findings....what threads or information specifically is being viewed and in what ranking or frequency.

I went back 90 days, and in that time 134,970 different thread pages were viewed by members and guests reading ATS (approximately 83,000 distinct threads)... the total views on those thread pages exceeded 15 million.

This PDF provides a look at the top-500 pages viewed in the past 90 days...
90daysatatats.pdf

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Relentless

Yes I agree they need to redo that one, because for what I know this site have both male and female population.

Perhaps because some of the members keep their gender private that is why automatically members are categorized as male.

Anyway I am glad that our post makes a different to everybody out there seeking the truth.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Congrats and keep up the good work. I hope it will not stop at this.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   

You're good.

Your efforts do however, leave one sitting with a frustrated cursor hanging over the column headings wishing it was a sortable spreadsheet so one could descend the list by the other categories, sort by page type....ahh the list is endless....but there is gold in them there hills. Data is like "fill in your vice' - it leaves you wanting more.

Your demanding membership will, for now, simply applaud your accomplishments today. ATS's rank alone, speaks volumes.

And thank you so much for the quick data. Now, THAT'S some good readin' too.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I honestley belive ATS is a top 10 site.

We just have to wait for the rest to click on.

Grats.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Awesome! Glad to see that ATS is "moving on up"!

Wonder what the future holds...

Peace,
FK

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Hmmmm..... I think those numbers are underestimated. It shows one of my threads with only 10,000 views and according to the stats here it's had 23,000.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Relentless
Hmmmm..... I think those numbers are underestimated. It shows one of my threads with only 10,000 views and according to the stats here it's had 23,000.

It's probably showing 10,000 views on page one of the thread... the Google Analytics track each page... including each page of a multi-page thread.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Let's not get too excited here, what's good for ATS may not be good for people that at one time held jobs.

Expect more people on here. The unemployment rate is going to grow, people are going to need some form of escapism. Be it discussing who sent this country down the path of Financial ruin, or when the Aliens are going to come down and save us, and give us all jobs.

[edit on 28-9-2008 by Gateway]

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Relentless

Shocking!
haha! Hm, I wonder what the ratio of male to female users on this site are?! That'd be interesting

Aw, but one is uber glad this site is really gaining limelight, you guys who made it what it is today deserve trophies!

Well done! Yey! (Now I have the crazy clappy hand syndrome, I am THAT happy!
)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join