It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who have you seen live?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Wow, let's see if I can even remember them all!

The Doobie Brothers
Bob Seger
Ted Nugent
The Rolling Stones
Men At Work
Quiet Riot
Loverboy
INXS
Journey
Kenny Loggins
Dizzy Gillespie
Tool
Helmet
Pantera
Rush
Linkin Park
Korn
Snoop Dogg
My Chemical Romance
Nine Inch Nails
The Pointer Sisters
Chris Cornell (which is like seeing Soundgarden, Audioslave, and Temple of the Dog all in one! Chester Bennington did the Eddie Vedder part of 'Hungerstrike' when I saw him! AWESOME!)
Ashes Divide
The Used
Taking Back Sunday
Rob Zombie

I KNOW there are more that I'm not remembering! Maybe too much :w: during the shows impeded my memory!

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by stetchkovsyndicat

Done Glastonbury couple of times and one or 2 other festivals.
Would like to go to T In The Park and Beautiful Days next year but most my free weekends are spent on Scooter Rally's these days.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
i have seen the Rolling Stones live at football park here in Adelaide, they were rockin the joint pretty good for a bunch of wrinkly old dudes.

but by far the best concert i have ever been to:

AC/DC's concert at Globe Derby Park back in the 80's.

the show was on a horse trotting track to allow massive numbers to attend, and they sure as hell did.

the place was sold out. the place was packed.
even outside people swelled around the fenceline, crushed up against the cyclone mesh to get a glimpse of the most classic rockin routine you'll ever see.

people started climbinb speaker stacks, stage framework, light stands, you name it purely because it was hot and the place was jam packed to the rafters.

people outside the fence started to get rowdy, the fence started rocking back n forth.
one lone cop was there, holding hands out in a "calm down" gesture, yelling "calm down people"

next thing about 25m of 7ft high fence bends over and literally hundreds of people surged towards the copper who turned his back, walked away and shrugged his shoulders with one of them "aah what the hell" kinda looks on his face.

we leave (took an hr to get out the c/park) some dude wanted to see the concert so bad that he allowed the crowd to upturn his car so everyone could stand on it for a better view.

sound was awesome
volume could have made your ears bleed if you wasnt a fan of theirs
lighting, act, singing - all unreal.

angus lept onto the crowd back first, the crowd carries him above them, around near front of stage, all the while he's doin his guitar solo.

truely amazing experience, and no concert has ever come anywhere near close to replicating the AC/DC experience.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
reply to post by KaginD

age helps. I've been going to shows for roughly 25 years. I've seen some bands over 100 times thanks to living in New Orleans for 4 years.
Jazz Fest provides some stellar shows - big bands playing under phony names.

Did you study at all? Who did you see that many times? Can't say "straight up" jazz is at the top of my list, but I do like its influences.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 06:08 AM
link   
hhhmmm i think this is it.... and LOVED every one of them.

Prince x3
Bobby Brown
Michael Jackson x2
Janet Jackson
Salt N’ Pepper
Bon Jovi x2
U2 x2
INXS
Public Enemy
Boys to Men
The Streets
Belle and Sebastian
Arctic Monkeys
Pet Shop Boys
John Mayer
Coldplay
Goldfrapp
Chemical Brothers
The Blur
PJ Harvey
Radiohead
Powderfinger
Billy Joel (work function though suprising GREAT)
Depeche Mode

one concert i would have loved to be at is:
June 26, 1977....... Last Elvis concert in Indianna

wouldent have ben the best concert though just because of the enorminity of it all.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

I have a friend who has been collaborating with Jeff Martin.
My mate has previously drummed with The Cult, Page & Plant and most recently Thin Lizzy.

I got into live music at a relatively young age and it has been a passion ever since.
All concerts provide a sense of union and togetherness but I really enjoy the intimacy of smaller concerts.

At present I am waiting to go and see The Levellers, who I have seen about 9 times previously, Oasis, seen them twice before and Paul Weller for the 4th time.
All 3 are great live, but The Levellers certainly take some beating, awesome live band.

I was gutted I couldn't go see my friends Last Rough Cause support The Angelic Upstarts and Red Alert on Friday due to the responsibilities of now running my own pub.

[edit on 29/9/08 by Freeborn]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Would loved to have been at Acton Town Hall, December 2002.

Joe Strummer And The Mescalero's were playing a benefit gig for the striking Fire Brigade Union when Mick Jones played live with Joe Strummer for the first time in 20 years.
Joe died 5 weeks later.

Essential viewing for any Clash fan.

The look on Joe's face when he notices Mick come on stage makes the hair's on my neck stand on end.

The Last Night London Burned.

R.I.P Joe.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Obliv_au
the show was on a horse trotting track to allow massive numbers to attend, and they sure as hell did.

Jazz Fest in New Orleans is held at the racetrack. two main stages, tons of small stages and areas set up for food (dozens of booths), the necessary souvenir stands etc.

I'm always amazed at the amount of space available. When you're sitting in the stands, watching the ponies, it seems much smaller. Of course, with the Jazz Fest there's music going on all over the place, packing them all in for one stage is a touch different.

Same thing with the superdome. driving by, it looks like a big stadium but, when you get inside, it appears much, much larger.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
reply to post by AccessDenied

I got into live music at a relatively young age and it has been a passion ever since.
All concerts provide a sense of union and togetherness but I really enjoy the intimacy of smaller concerts.

At present I am waiting to go and see The Levellers, who I have seen about 9 times previously, Oasis, seen them twice before and Paul Weller for the 4th time.
All 3 are great live, but The Levellers certainly take some beating,
[edit on 29/9/08 by Freeborn]

I used to go to concert but have gotten back into it at an "older" age. And I agree about the intimacy of a smaller gig. I have seen concerts with 50K+ people but the best yet was Stereoponics with 649 other people. The band was 5 feet in front of us. I saw videos of them on youtube performing in front of thousands and loved it so knew it would be great. The advantage of liking music not well known in the US, when then bands come over they only do small venues.

and lucky you and Oasis, I am hoping they decide to do the lower part of North America and not just Canada.

[edit on 9/29/2008 by Blogstalker]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Blogstalker

Oasis is, apparently, teaching all the registered street musicians here in NYC, to play the first single off the new cd. We're having oasis day or week. They'll be playing the song at subway stations and around the city the week of the cd drop (next week?)

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Pout I want to see them...Are they playing a gig in the city. Can you score me a ticket.

I have a house full of relatives next weekend that would be the perfect time.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Gary Numan
T'Pau
OMD (twice)
Motorhead
The Christians (supporting)
Fleetwood Mac
Was Not Was (supporting + suprisingly good)
Dire Straits
Oasis
Midge Ure
Duran Duran (twice)
Depeche Mode (twice)
Sisters of Mercy

Mixed and varied bag there, and I've missed quite a few smaller bands that no one here will ever have heard of/ I intend to hit a whole load of gigs next year, with Kill Hannah and The Birthday Massacre on the list, as well as getting to Glastonbury.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by chissler

Tool and Dave Mathews. I have a lot of other bands that I would like to see, but I just can't handle the crowds anymore. I guess I am getting old.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Blogstalker

don't know if they are coming here but I would imagine they will stop here if they hit the US. getting tix should be easy. I recently learned that I have an untapped resource for all kinds of entertainment tickets. they aren't free but they are available. Sporting events, concerts, broadway, tv show tapings. All a phone call away.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Cool, I have a credit card or two. So can I have your phone number, I'll be your best friend.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   
opps double post

[edit on 9/29/2008 by Blogstalker]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I have seen live

Robbie Williams 3 x
Frankie goes to Hollywood
A-ha
Nena
Depeche Mode
B-52s
Madonna
Guns'n Roses
Prince

I am interested to see

Oasis
U2
Coldplay

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Hmmmm....let's see....

Ted Nugent (10+ times and backstage)(Jammed)
Marshall Tucker (Backstage) (Jammed)
Rage Against the Machine (Backstage)(I know Tommy Morello and his awesome mom!)
Metallica (3X)
Motley Crue
KISS
Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, etc. (G3)
Aerosmith (3+ times)
The Stones
Foreigner
John Mellencamp (backstage)(Jammed)
The Doobie Brothers
Jethro Tull
Motorhead
Great White
Poison
Cinderella
Judas Priest
Ozzy/Lita Ford (backstage)
Bruno & the Heaters (Bruce Willis' band-Backstage)(Jammed)
Barrelhouse Chuck (My very good friend)(Jammed on stage with)
The Pixies (backstage)

I know there are more, but, I'm brain-farting.
The (Backstage) means I went backstage after the show and (Jammed) means I got to jam with the band at one point or another.
I've met more famous musicians than I've seen shows. I'm a bit lucky like that.

Cuhail

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
(in no particular order)

Grateful Dead x8
Pearl Jam x5
Ministry x2
REM
Ben Harper and Innocent Criminals
Blues Traveler
Buzzcocks
Lunachicks
L7
Melvins
Mojo Nixon
Suicidal Tendancies...

Hundreds of smaller and local acts in Austin and Seattle. (too many to name)

and the Crown Jewel -

The WHO.
(minus Moon, but still - an awesome show!)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join