It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Venezuela: Was A UFO Destroyed By Lightning?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Venezuela: Was A UFO Destroyed By Lightning?

www.ufodigest.com

Startled by what he was seeing through the screen of his cell phone, Jairo Esparragoza stopped focusing the device skyward to concentrate it directly on the strange phenomenon, but was unable to see anything. However, upon resuming focus, the object became visible once again on the mobile phone's screen. "I wasn't able to see it with the naked eye, but when I trained the camera on it once more, there it was, suspended and motionless. I checked to see if it was a light post and it wasn't. It wasn't the camera either," he explained.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
This is remarkable!

The cellphone picture is poor quality but still shows a very interesting image....

I thought it was strange that he could only see it on his camera and not with the naked eye! Very strange indeed!

Pretty cool stuff!

I still dont know how it was destroyed.....The article states this

The still images drawn from the video show how this lightning bolt quickly chances color when it approaches the UFO, changing from bluish white to pale violet.

www.ufodigest.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 27-9-2008 by IMAdamnALIEN]

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I couldnt find the video on the net, if anyone else has any luck finding the video please post the link here.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   
No, luck in finding videos, and I think it wont be online until ufo digest of the person who took the video posts it.

And the link says that the object mysteriously dissapeared after the flash, and did not say that it crashed, what if the thunderstorm was triggered by the ufo as the means to obtain power to transport itself.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by peacejet
And the link says that the object mysteriously dissapeared after the flash, and did not say that it crashed, what if the thunderstorm was triggered by the ufo as the means to obtain power to transport itself.

Wow, that is a good thought. What if that is what happend? I wonder how long the storm lasted after the UFO was gone. I havent read the story yet, but I will. I did like the pictures and would love to see the video.

Nice thread OP

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by IMAdamnALIEN
I couldnt find the video on the net, if anyone else has any luck finding the video please post the link here.

IMAdamnALIEN, here you go

Ovnis en Venezuela

It happens @ approx. 2:29

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by peacejet

You know that ties into what I've been thinking about alternative energy sources. If we can figure out how to store massive amounts of electricity instead of continually having to produce power to the grid by the usual means. I recently watched an episode on Discovery channel called "Mayday" about airline disasters and what caused them. Very interesting. This one was about a Canadian Helicopters Super Puma ferrying out workers to oil rigs. It was flying in bad weather took a lightning strike through one of the tail rotor blades shattering the tip. Eventually the entire tail rotor failed and they had to ditch in the North Sea. They all survived and were rescued, so happy ending.

Now to the point, the investigators didn't believe the pilots at first. The aircraft was recovered along with the tail rotor using a $40000/day drill repair and deep sea operations platform. Indeed the tail rotor tip was shattered but they didn't believe lightning could do it. So in a lab they tested these carbon fiber blades with edges that had a steel cap on the blades to protect them from FOD damage. The storm was producing hail and as the lighter ice crystals from sea level rose to the top of the cloud they collided with the heavier ice crystal falling from the top of the cloud. This produced friction and an electrostatic charge in the storm clouds. The combination of the ice crystal static and the the friction from the steel edge of the rotor blade hitting the ice crystals actually triggered the only bolt of lightning of the storm. The lab tested several blades at increasing power until they reproduced almost exactly the same damage. The power setting that did this was 30 BILLION WATTS. The guy running the lad said that bolt of lightning could have powered the entire US grid. Not for longer that a second or two but think about the amount of power that single bolt had.

My idea is that you set up stations that are in areas where storms are common, according to Tesla there is infinite power untapped that's always present but never utilized. It's electrostatic energy. Our core generates it, we get our electromagnetic shield from it and we would have endless free energy. Electrical grid, cars, planes, ships, every portable device we use would have endless power. Nobody would freeze, imagine a world with no energy costs. You would still have to buy these things but it wouldn't cost you anything to use them energy wise.

I've just been thinking about the above recently since filling up my car makes me want to vomit all over the gas pump. Maybe I'll try that one day, always makes me feel better after tequila.

The point I was trying to tie to this thread that indeed and likely what ever it was, is destroyed. But I liked the idea about using lightning to power it to say leave Earth orbit or maybe it's a system that's needs a big ass jump start to start it's engine, then it's good to get them to their destination.

Our problems as humans is we think to linearly. We need to perhaps take another look at our holy grails of science and come to the realization that we're not as smart as we think we are and I'm sure that someday we as humans will fix that. There's more out their that we don't know about but I'm sure one day as history has proven some brilliant people will think outside the box and discover something new and get us thinking in a new direction.

[edit on 28-9-2008 by DEEZNUTZ]

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by DEEZNUTZ
reply to post by peacejet

You know that ties into what I've been thinking about alternative energy sources. If we can figure out how to store massive amounts of electricity instead of continually having to produce power to the grid by the usual means.

Yes, these technology are more advanced than us,

And it will take some time, before technology like harvesting the power of lightning and storing the electricity to generate power actually become a reality,

But anyway, as you have mentioned one of the amazing scientific effects on a helicopter, hope that the method is used to harness energy soon.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by internos

Originally posted by IMAdamnALIEN

IMAdamnALIEN, here you go

Ovnis en Venezuela

It happens @ approx. 2:29

Holy crap!!!

Thanks for finding that man!

Im surprised the OP link didnt contain a link to the raw video

Thanks for your efforts

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 03:36 AM
link   
It would take one big coppertop battery to store 30 Billion Watts of energy. Maybe some kind of looping system where you could keep high voltages in a loop so it's stored. Don't know, I've seen some great lightning growing up in Southern Ontario, Canada.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by DEEZNUTZ
It would take one big coppertop battery to store 30 Billion Watts of energy. Maybe some kind of looping system where you could keep high voltages in a loop so it's stored. Don't know, I've seen some great lightning growing up in Southern Ontario, Canada.

Yep, I've seen a bit of ball lightning over the years here in Toronto.
Perhaps to create a 'Feedback Loop' with the energy, you could also amplify the stored energy by a ridiculous amount, as well!

Why oh why has humanity overlooked the energy problems staring us in the face for so long. HARNESS THE LIGHTNING!!

new topics

top topics

join