It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It seems, The Obama bashers are bitter, ex bush supporters

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheRooster
In today's economy, BHO has raised over $77 million for his campaign from 2.5 million "ordinary citizens" of the United States. Do the math, if this figure is accurate, that amounts to an average of over $3,000 each.

I'm kind of surprised nobody has jumped on this one yet. You need to check your math because it's wrong by a few factors of ten. It's actually around $30 per person.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I am glad that we are getting somewhere here.
Timbandt,

I just don't trust either one of them.
I agree.
Im just speaking on a change period, not status quo or anything financial just a different outlook and somebody who will restore our reputation(not saying obama can fit that suit, but it will be less tight on him).

thanx tombomb for those tiny facts. Im just adding everything thing up against both candidates. Alot of people can tell B.O. whole life story and turn him into an evil entity. Those same individuals know less of Mccain and our supporters. IMO Im going to vote for whats best.

Rooster I agree 100%. I always speak of the future(hopefuly) america where more parties exist, and new parties that represent the people how it was designed to be, you know? But it is a tough call. Im glad we got rid of most of the rage within the race though (H.C.)

I wanted Obama to be a decent guy!

It sounds like you had a false sense of security from the begining(I wanted?). That is one of our biggest problems, we like to transform our presidents into these perfect people that really dont exist. Take the runners for what they are (people) and decide who is the best. Who are you voting for DeadFlag(if you dont mind).

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by AKINOFTHEFIRSSTARS

The Rooster,
So with all you provided, about B.O., who will you vote for because of course it isnt a walk in the park with the opposition. They are all hiding something, it would go against tradition.
Thank you people for voicing and not bashing. I look foward to your reply.
Peace and Love

Akin, To answer your question, I think I'm going to write in Ron Paul. Based on how Ron Paul was portrayed in the media during the primary's I formed the opinion he was kind of a kook. After a little digging of my own, I've discovered the man is a true patriot. He understands how valuable the Constitution is and he seems to be a few years ahead of everybody else in Congress. There are very few men of substance in Washington, we need more like him.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 01:14 AM
link   
How this post is holding up to the scrutiny of the new ATS Policy is beyond me?

It's funny that Obama supporters label opposition to him as people being bitter, or racist.

There has never been a candidate for President that has less creditials to hold the office than this guy. Hillary Clinton has stated that the biggest thing on his resume is that he gave a great speech in 2004. Geraldine Ferraro rightfully claimed that if he was a white guy he would not have even come close to getting Democrat nomination for President. Joe Biden himself said he is not ready to be President.

I supported Bush twice, and I am sick that I have to hold my nose and vote for McCain, who I consider to be a traitor to the Republican Party. But I would rather vote with someone I agree with 50% of the time, than to vote for Obama with whom I agree with less than 5% of the time.

Since the OP feels that some are not going to vote for Obama because of his middle name, I'll give him some satisfaction in saying I am not voting for Obama for that specific reason! Along with 150 others!

(For those of you who do not know Obama's middle name, do some research for yourself, because I am not allowed to mention what his middle name is...Really....do the research...you might be surprised what his middle name really is.)

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
It's funny that Obama supporters label opposition to him as people being bitter, or racist.

When your shouting "elitist" at the opposing the candidate that earns an 8th of McCain and has one house, when your getting all worked up about sensible gun control, when you assume somebody is a muslim merely because they have a muslim relative and an arabic middle name, yes Ill call it like I see it.

There are plenty of funny things happening this election. I find it funny that rightwingers cannot seem to tell the difference between the lie and the truth.. all they see is "democrat" and republican" in place of those two words. I mean theres just never an ounce objectivity.

There has never been a candidate for President that has less creditials to hold the office than this guy.

What like Kennedy? Abraham Lincoln? Truman? You know Bush was a supposed "experienced" candidate, I mean he was chosen over mccain in 2000 ya know? Boy he did this nation great.

It takes more than as to whos credentials looks the best... or how many more years one has been in politics. It takes judgement and character as well. If "experience" is the only thing your looking at, well its a sorry pick because history tells us that experience doesnt necessarily bring in the best to do the job.

Hillary Clinton has stated that the biggest thing on his resume is that he gave a great speech in 2004.

How nice of you to mention Hillary clinton, not to long ago she was insulted and heckled at by the right.... including those on the site... now they have changed their tone. Its ironic how sexism played in the rightwinger blogs this time last year when she was running her campaign... now all of a sudden shes out, the right is kissing her ass. Political opportunity hey?

Geraldine Ferraro rightfully claimed that if he was a white guy he would not have even come close to getting Democrat nomination for President.

If he was a white guy, he wouldnt be neck and neck with McCain. But its obvious the right will not admit this, I mean afterall, this is a secret advantage never to be spoken, right? Just deny what is evidently among 20% of the voting populous.

Joe Biden himself said he is not ready to be President.

Romney said McCain as not fit to be president because he was a senator, opposing candidates will say alot. Biden took his statement back and admitted Obama is ready. I think the fact it was his words, well he has the right to take them back

I supported Bush twice, and I am sick that I have to hold my nose and vote for McCain, who I consider to be a traitor to the Republican Party.

Yes you voted for Bush twice, a man who lied to us about the Iraq war and this WMD fiasco.... a man that continues to change his excuses.... a man that helped bring this economy down to where it is... and mccain right behind him.

I admire your honesty though, and yes I guess anybody would have to hold their nose to vote in the third term.

But I would rather vote with someone I agree with 50% of the time, than to vote for Obama with whom I agree with less than 5% of the time.

Fair enough, I hope this is policies and political values we're talking about...

Since the OP feels that some are not going to vote for Obama because of his middle name, I'll give him some satisfaction in saying I am not voting for Obama for that specific reason! Along with 150 others!

So you dont deny what they OP is saying, thats great that your honest about it! As for your comparison there... well all I can say that there is no comparison to those you mentioned. After 8years of Bush and rightwing BS, every has a legit excuse to vote in the Democratic nominee.

[edit on 28-9-2008 by southern_Guardian]

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by AKINOFTHEFIRSSTARS

False?

For asking what should be inherent in a man? Honesty? I wasn't hoping, I heard a few of his speeches early on and thought they were good. I did my digging, and I found enough dirt to not vote for him.

So.. AKINOFTHEFIRSSTARS..

Do you support a Vietnam styled draft?

Do you support NAFTA?

Do you support FISA?

Do you support the continuation of the war in Iraq?

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by southern_Guardian

So this right from barackobama.com is a lie?
Source

They also support making the expired federal Assault Weapons Ban permanent

Okay. If this is a lie then can I distrust him fora apparently lying? I mean, since you know what the truth is and all.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I respect your choice Rooster. I have one question, there is dirt on everyone, you, me whatever. Has anyone dug up anything on Ron? If you know anything, would you share with us please.( I agree we do need more real HUMANS like him)

Southern Guardian I thank you for establishing a nice balance within the thread. Your knowledge on the subject and opinion are deeply appreciated. As well as Mccain supporters.
Conservative- No one labels opposition to him as racist or being bitter. Im not trying to group everyone in one pot like that. Im am dealing with the EX-bush supporters that dislike B.O. because they feel he lies, he is a deciever, yada-yada. These our the same reason most of us didnt vote for bush, yet these [bashers] same people voted for him twice, and he has those supposed same traits(lying,deception). Bush has the blatent lies, while mccain represent bush's ideal and blatant truths. Do you see where Im going?
I think the name thing is stupid. I know people name Jesus, Gabriel, Martin, Bob, none of these people are showered with praise because their name is synonymous with postive legends. Get over yourself. Thats very juvenile (no offense,really) Do you think S. was the first hussein ever? Not quite. That is a very popular name, hopefully one man(S.H.) cant ruin its real definition (good, handsome).

Dead Flag- No I dont not support the Vietnam style draft, Nafta, or Fisa. I disagree with FISA more than others. But like I said before no candidate is ever perfect, there tons of things Mccain represent that are cool and irrelevant. Thats how it works. I definitely Do Not support anything with Iraq except for the people who are blinded by false-patriotism and those who lose their life daily to the terrible event. But from what I understand, B.O. doesnt support our troops prolonging the war, from what I know he wants to wrap it up. It is your guy, Mccain who is known as the war-mongerer. Dig enough and you cant find dirt one anyone.
All comments appreciated. Peace and Love.
sorry for typos.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   

I respect your choice Rooster. I have one question, there is dirt on everyone, you, me whatever. Has anyone dug up anything on Ron? If you know anything, would you share with us please.( I agree we do need more real HUMANS like him)

Akin, it's difficult to believe everything and anything written or spoken these days. I'm not done digging yet, but it appears the man has a soft spot in his heart for the shrimp industry (a few earmarks but there may be no truth in it). Mr Paul seems to walk the walk if you know what I mean.

And as far as the dirt goes, I think it's impossible to position yourself for POTUS without ruffling a few feathers. Where I draw the line has more to do with hypocrisy, than with how many houses you have, or how much money you make, etc... I'll give you a for instance (without taking shots at your candidate)
Al Gore circles the globe preaching global warning. The man does so with private jets, a convoy of gas guzzling SUV's, and returns home to a mansion that uses as much energy in one month, that 32 normal homes use in a year. Sorry, I have a problem with that.

You and your wife have an open marriage and she's okay with you having sex with another man/woman? No problem. But if you get caught, man up! Don't dance around the definition of the word sex and lie about it under oath.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   

I'm writing in Ron Paul. This doesn't have anything to do with "my guy," because if the pipe dream I have came into play he'd withdraw them immediately. But that's what separates him from Obama or McCain.

So, you sell your integrity out for a sake of a vote, as I'm sure many others will do. Simple minded, team oriented mentality is exactly what got us into this position in the first place.

They are nearly identical on the issues that effect us.

If you're going to ignore that, than I hope you can look back in 4 years and say " I did the right thing. " This is the most important election of our generation/generations and people are still playing grab ass with unimportant issues.

You're voting for an image, and as we've already showed you, It's sad that you can accept that.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Barak Hussein Obama is a robot. He has no ideas, no vision, absolutely no experience, never voted on any bills, etc. But they prop him up there anyway against the more mature and experienced McCain. I don't like Obama just because I don't. I don't trust him, it's just that simple.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

Neither of these two major candidates should be trusted. Their track records and continuous flip flopping and double speak is the worst I've ever seen it!

PEOPLE ARE STILL VOTING FOR THESE TURDS!

Not only that...

PEOPLE ARE STILL ARGUING OVER WHICH TURD SMELLS LESS!

Not only that...

PEOPLE ARE DEFENDING THESE BOTH EQUALLY #TY MEN!

You complain that you want your country back, but will do nothing to achieve those means.

If you vote for Obama you're voting for:

DRAFT
FISA
NAFTA
AWB

Those simple freedoms are what this country is based on! And you're voting against that because he's not "McCain."

Are you dumb?

Do you not understand?

For this country to turn around, we need somebody with ideas! Ideals! Concern!

We need to make a 180 degree turn, and this man, along with his counterpart will do nothing while investment bankers and corporate elite SINK OUR NATION!

Because he is younger, black, well spoken, and says "change" a lot, DOES NOT IN ANYWAY MAKE HIM ANY DIFFERENT THEN the old white man, who supports the same ideals, the same standards, and the same double speak.

If you want to make change, then make it. But voting for Obama in November will prove the American ignorance and indifference that has dragged this nation through the mud since Kennedy.

Good luck, and I hope you figure things out.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeadFlagBlues

Neither of these two major candidates should be trusted. Their track records and continuous flip flopping and double speak is the worst I've ever seen it!

PEOPLE ARE STILL VOTING FOR THESE TURDS!

Not only that...

PEOPLE ARE STILL ARGUING OVER WHICH TURD SMELLS LESS!

Not only that...

PEOPLE ARE DEFENDING THESE BOTH EQUALLY #TY MEN!

You complain that you want your country back, but will do nothing to achieve those means.

If you vote for Obama you're voting for:

DRAFT
FISA
NAFTA
AWB

Those simple freedoms are what this country is based on! And you're voting against that because he's not "McCain."

Are you dumb?

Do you not understand?

For this country to turn around, we need somebody with ideas! Ideals! Concern!

We need to make a 180 degree turn, and this man, along with his counterpart will do nothing while investment bankers and corporate elite SINK OUR NATION!

Because he is younger, black, well spoken, and says "change" a lot, DOES NOT IN ANYWAY MAKE HIM ANY DIFFERENT THEN the old white man, who supports the same ideals, the same standards, and the same double speak.

If you want to make change, then make it. But voting for Obama in November will prove the American ignorance and indifference that has dragged this nation through the mud since Kennedy.

Good luck, and I hope you figure things out.

I would never vote for the Obama liar. And I would never vote for a dictator like Ron Paul who says it's his way or the highway. I'm voting for McCain. No, he's not perfect, but look at the days we live in.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   

He contributed to that.

The same farewell goes to you, for selling your country out to the highest bidder with your vote.

McCain also supports

DRAFT
FISA
NAFTA
PATRIOT ACT
WAR

America's glorious nose dive.

We deserve everything that is coming to us. We really do.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   

A dictator also reigns over one's people. Ron Paul wants to do the opposite and get the government out of everybody's life and put pressure on the state governments to do what is best suited for them. He's a Libertarian Republican. He's the opposite of a dictator.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I understand where you are coming from dead flag. But you make it sound like Ron Paul is a god. I think you are to admit what is really at issue. Yeah you can serve global warming in your private jet. People think in order to save the world we resort to candles and straw huts. Tribalectic is a word (im not sure your familiar with that one) that apply to this situation best. What are you going to horse back to florida or somewhere else on the eastern coast and catch a boat that natural. Get out of here we can use these necessities all day the solution must be greater than what we use. What, replant full forest and help out the long dumb primal way. Or create technology (the same tool of the problem) to reverse what we have done. Dont sit here and try to say like im a B.O. supporter. I will defend anyone, at any cost, thats just my nature. I cant agree with bashing people because you disagree, thats childish. I understand B.O. doesnt represent what you stand for or me for that matter but lets act like adults, and dicuss this issue. I can name a few presidents that has ruined the true 'dream', the first and the last to be precise. Allow me to inform you that Ron Paul isnt this perfect man, a true person of intellect will realize that a president will never represent or develop a true relationship with the people, because it is simply not his job. I read a thread on here on time about laws that protected states if they wish to withdraw for the united. That is the real new begining, I hate spoil your dreams.
sorry for the typos.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   

I agree with you all, even though I am voting for this man.

To me, that sounds like you're "supporting" somebody.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   

I wanted Obama to be a decent guy!

It sounds like you had a false sense of security from the begining(I wanted?). That is one of our biggest problems, we like to transform our presidents into these perfect people that really dont exist. Take the runners for what they are (people) and decide who is the best.

No, it's not a matter of having a false sense of security. I agree with the poster that wanted Obama to be a decent guy ... that's what Obama was trying to convince people that he was. The problem is, he was misleading about being a decent guy.

His associations are shady characters to say the least. And to watch him hold a press conference where he says Rev. Wright is like family to him - he can no more disown reverend wright than he can his own white grandmother, or the black community, followed a few days later by his disowning of the crazy Rev. says a LOT about the man. He didn't have a problem listening to the Rev's crazy hate speech for 20 years in church - or sitting amoungst the fired up racist's hooting and hollering in the church - his problem with the good ole Rev was when he called Obama on claiming to not know what the Rev was all about. The Rev was being truthful ... he said that Obama is a Politician and says what he needs to say as a politician. Obama didn't like that so he threw the Rev under the bus ... after sitting in his church for 20 years ... after holding a press conference saying the Rev was like FAMILY.

Obama is a man who claimed he was going to be a different type of politician. He said he was going to bring 'change'. Guess what? He lied. He isn't running his campaign the way he promised that he would, not even close. He isn't a different type of politican ... unless you are referring to the breed of politicians in Chicago that have their own way of doing things, a 'different' type of politician.

Let me be clear, I never intended to vote for Obama, or anyone on the Democratic ticket, BUT during the primaries, I was rooting for Obama to win because then it would be a win-win situation in my eyes. If McCain didn't win the election, Obama would be a tolerable and for the most part, pleasant alternative. But the more I learned about Obama, not just through the media, but looking at his record, listening to his speeches and the way they changed throughout the coure of his campaign, and his nasty way of bashing McCain and the Republicans and everyone who doesn't blindly follow him, the more I have grown to dislike the man and the more I question my fellow Americans who refuse to question this man.

Obama may be different kind of politician, but it's not the kind of different that he presented himself as and it sure as heck isn't a GOOD different.

And my views on Bush, good or bad, have absolutly nothing to do with the fact that I didn't allow myself to be hypnotized by Obama. So count me out of your 95%.

Jemison

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Is that all you got out of those 2000 or so characters? I think I am going to vote for him because of half of what he represents and what the rest of the world thinks of him. I believe that he represents a new 'look' not because of his race, because of his stature and posture. He reminds me of someone who may have grown up like us. Im not this big B.O. supporter, trust and believe that. I can understand how he would make "change". I dont expect him to undo everything the last 4 presidents have done, that is what you expect. I think If you add Mccain into the list of presidents, remove a few and they are almost identical. That is not what this country is about, put hillary(let me state that Im am not a supporter of her values or beliefs) in that same book and that alone paves the future for change. Can you see my point, honestly? I think the next few elections are going to be similiar. It depends on the 'lesser' and hopefully we vote on the lesser and lesser until eventually the liars have no place at all. I dont think we live in a perfect world, Ron Paul cant do any better than Mccain, or B.O. its about setting our future on the right course, and not remaining stagnant and that cant be done in 4 years. Fisa, and all of the other things are not the right course, but his outlook and foundation of change is something we havent heard in a very long time. Can you agree? or will that disappoint the great ron god.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   

I don't believe Ron Paul is a god. I believe he is a man of his word. And it is a sad state of affairs when people are debating about who lies the least in election, but not who is telling the most truth. McCain and Obama are just the new pollutants to what used to be the strongest nation in the world. Thanks to men with the caliber of John McCain and Barack Obama, we have let our country fall prey to banking cartels, oil lobbyists, and special interest groups. They're all equally responsible and corrupt, and when I think of how incredible this country could be, and how pure the ideology of America truly is, I'm deeply saddened to look at my country being knocked to it's knees by corruption and people stand back and defend these people, while their counterparts are still defending these bastards.

Obama hasn't made a stand on anything. When he does, he double backs on it because he is not man enough to follow through on a position. He is playing politics. Winning votes, not creating change. He's not a peace candidate, he's not honest, he's not concise, but the man you are voting for, with his pockets full, house paid, and family fed on Fannie Mae money, has done nothing but perpetuate the vicious rape over of the American people.

As we're struggling to keep our families afloat, our mothers in their houses, gas in the tank, and the water on, these men are laughing all the way to the bank. He reminds me of Nancy Pelosi. He uses the same intesity and misdirection that she does. Pelosi vowed to take back the white house for the people by impeaching Bush. Instead, she's declared congressional martial law so that the bill Bush proposed, but now with "refinements" will be rammed down the throat of the American people. The only difference is 100 pages of bureaucratic paper.

Similar to this..

"I have been very clear even as a candidate that, once we were in, that we were going to have some responsibility to make it work as best we could, and more importantly that our troops had the best resources they needed to get home safely," Obama, an Illinois Democrat, told reporters in a conference call. "So I don't think there is any contradiction there."

Obama's comments represent a direct response to attacks launched by aides to Senator Hillary Clinton of New York, who have pointed out that despite Obama's antiwar rhetoric, he has voted along with Clinton for some $300 billion in war funding since entering the Senate in 2005.

Source

This is exactly how Barack has played ball. Being very critical of everybody else's behavior, while making excuses for himself. McCain is the exact same way. Politicking over politics. Temporary fixes instead of permanent solutions. False integrity over unwaivering honesty. These are the people you're defending.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join