It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Halloween :) – parties, costumes, ideas?!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
i guess the american members are much more familiar with halloween than those living on the old continent.
but it becomes more and more populare in europe.

so how do you generally celebrate halloween?
trick and treat is only a kids fun but how do the non-kids celebrate it? how do you dress up? what is your favorite costume, your favorite party - story that happened at halloween?

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Go as a transgenic escaped from Manticore?

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I used to live in Estes Park, CO. It's a relatively small town in the mountains. But everyone would dress up adults and kids and descend on downtown. It's a huge party, all the kids go round and round getting huge bags of candy, the adults invade the three bars on the downtown strip and get nice and hammered. It's loads of fun, all safe and its awesome.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I wish i could get my hands on a costume of the Joker in The Dark Knight when he was in the nurse's uniform lol
I can just see the look on the kds' faces when I open the door with that gear and make up on

We don't really do Halloween where I am from sadly.

I am ashamed to admit during my first year living on a US military housing base, some kids rang our doorbell and I had no idea what they wanted (Japanese kids, didn't speak English) and just stood there smiling and trying to see what they wanted lol

Soon as I realized I was mortified! I ran out trying to find them with a bag of candy I just happened to have on me at the time

I am better prepared now
I usually try dress up with something from in my wardrobe. Last year it was the classic Stepford Wife get up (it was all I could rustle up last minute haha) and this year I won't be here for it so no plans.

I hope you all have a fun one

[edit on 2-10-2008 by ImJaded]

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Like the typical neighborhood in the states, all of the kids converge in their cute little costumes and wear themselves out running from door to door filling their big bags with candy. My husband wears his werewolf mask and scares the he** out if the older kids.

This year my son didn't have a "friend" birthday party so he gets to have his first halloween party. We are going to make a spooky forrest out in the woods behind our house, light a huge bonfire, play games and eat all kinds of creepy looking food. He is so excited, it's his favorite holiday. If anyone has any ideas for creepy games for 7 & 8 yr. olds I'd love to hear the ideas.

Rush

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
these days i think i am going to be a vampire - easy to make up with the wadrobe stuff like ImJaded usually does.

will unpack my wonderful halloween ghosts who makes so loud and sreamy noise when somebody make a sound

don.t have the slightest idea what _volt_ is refering to

oneday i would love to be in a typical american neighbourhood.

creepy games? what do you understand by this rush?

i browsed the web a bit, maybe there is something which would suit rush

www.geocities.com...

www.partygameideas.com...

www.blackdog.net...

www.billybear4kids.com...

www.partygamecentral.com...

familyfun.go.com...

www.amazingmoms.com...

www.worldofhalloween.net...

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by orange-light

Hey orange, great links, thanks. I'll check them out. I really need to get busy with some of the planning. Not to mention that I am hosting the annual neighborhood cookout the day AFTER Halloween. EEEEEEGADS!!! I'm going to be busy!

Rush

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
always a pleasure helping
hope you will find interesting stuff

what is a cookout?

my son needs to make up his mind if he will be on trick and treat this year or not
if we need a costume - his costumes are always very well elaborated which mean a lot of work for me

[edit on 2-10-2008 by orange-light]

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by orange-light
what is a cookout?

You guys may refer to it as "a barbeque". We are providing all of the hamburgers and hot dogs on the grill and everyone else brings a side dish or dessert. We plan activities for the kids, have a bonfire and roast marshmallows. It's a great night for the neighborhood to get together before it gets real cold and everyone stays in for the winter.

my son needs to make up his mind if he will be on trick and treat this year or not
if we need a costume - his costumes are always very well elaborated which mean a lot of work for me

Just give my son a sheet and a scary mask and he's good to go. No stress for me there. Your son is at the age where he probably wants to go trick or treating, but also doesn't want to admit it. When my daughter was that age she didn't make a decision as to whether or not she wanted to go until she knew what her friends were doing.

Rush

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I once went to one as Bin Laden.

The reactions were hilarious as I made my way to the party, esp. considering my cardboard rocket launcher...

However, not too sure how that would go down in the US?

Peace,

MGGG

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
We usually do a Halloween party at our house, invite a bunch of people and such. Usually people that we all get along with - my parents and i are pretty close and have some mutual friends - they will most likely be at the party. My dad goes crazy with the black lights - he puts them EVERWHERE. This will be the first Halloween that mom is with us again for the party. She's gone out and started buying deocrations, and is just having herself a blast!

Last year I was an evil fairy, black makeup, wings, etc.. This year I'm thinking of Gothic Marilyn Monroe (since my hair is dark, and I have this killer black dress like the one from 7 year itch). But now that I've read Jaded has done the stepford wife thing...perhaps I'll do something like that! But, if my bestfriend Jeff comes down, we'll go as Mulder and Scully. We keep saying we're gonna do it, but we haven't yet!

- Carrot

top topics

join