It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistan 'kills 1,000 militants'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Pakistan 'kills 1,000 militants'

news.bbc.co.uk

Pakistani troops have killed 1,000 Islamist militants in a huge offensive in the Bajaur tribal district over the last month, the army says.

It says that it will regain control of the region from Taleban and al-Qaeda militants within the next three months.

The army says that five top militants were among those killed in the Bajaur operation. The area is one of the most unstable of Pakistan's tribal areas.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 04:34 AM
link   
I would be very interested to see the evidence that proves the link of these 'militants' to terrorism or al-qaeda...or any other group.

1,000 of them too... Heck, if it's going so good for Pakistan, why don't we let the US and UK leave afghanistan and Iraq and let Pakistan take over seeing s they are so keen to prove they are helping fight the war on terrorism.

Oh, but hold on.. after their most recent attack on NATO helicopters crossing the border and the other attack on US aircraft the other week, it seems Pakistan fancies itself as a global power..

They say they are against terrorism, yet wont let anyone cross their border in any fashion.

Something don't quite add up here...

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 04:42 AM
link   
It does seem very suspicious EA. Sounds more like a dog and pony show to tell the world, ya, we are not harboring terrorists. They are more concerned with image.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

As a personal thought, it feels more like a good excuse to clear the dead wood to make way for the planting of "the right type of tree".

A little ethnic cleansing for breakfast, anyone?

Pakistan does appear to have been in the spotlight quite often this year.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

would you let us invade and operate inside US? and by the way i am quite disgusted the way people like you look upon other smaller nations., If we don't let someone to invade our country then we are showing 'power' it's not a show of power it is called 'self-defense' - We are no longer taking it as US War rather we taking it as our own war, majority of Pakistani people liberal and are against the extremism that's why bhutto party won the elections and it was major set back to fundamental religious groups and parties.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by LOYAL

LOYAL, my words an thoughts are not directed at the citizens of this or any other country, but at those who play these silly political games, fow whatever reason.

I am just as 'bad' when talking about my own countries faults.
And with respect, if you read between the lines and see what I was saying then you might hopefully notice that I'm kinda hoping that nothing nasty is going on.

The practices might not be correct, the approach kinda dodgy... but to be allied with someone in a war against an enemy and then to attack the enemy and the allies does smell of fish to me...

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

well from day one this govt or the mush govt had made it clear to the world, we will take every possible measure to encounter and uproot terrorism however we will not in any case allow foreign troops to operate inside pakistan and doing that will call our sovereignty into question.

all this began after US fired a missile mistakenly at a Pakistani check post that resulted in death of 11 FC soliders and last month or so two helicopters landed inside Pakistan and US troops killed 9 people inside Pakistan that is what we have made clear to US or Nato won't be tolerated any more.

any such action would be deemed as invasion despite that Mr. Naive (obama) says he would operate inside Pakistan if Pakistan doesn't.... it's easier said than done.... Hope these recent incidents i.e pakistan firing shots at nato or us choppers, would clear the minds up of these kids who just make cheeky statements every other day.

[edit on 27-9-2008 by LOYAL]

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 05:33 AM
link   
I think we should all be weary of what EXACTLY our governments are doing right now. As loyal as any of us are, it doesn't seem worth the human suffering to be overly clingy to any sort of concept of patriotism or "we" did this to "you". I personally did not do anything to any Pakistani, and the Pakistanis in term did not personally do anything personally to anyone here in the US. It is GOVERNMENTS of humanity who are deciding who lives and who dies, not "Us" or "we" or any sweeping concept of side versus side that anyone has. We are not provoking wars, any of us. We don't have a choice. None of us.
On the verge of global meltdown both economically and environmentally, and we're still waving flags and saying my daddy is righter or wronger than your daddy when both of our fathers are molesting us while we sleep.

Just saying.... be cool everyone. We're all one race here.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Pakistan have fired at aircraft etc as american forces started to ignore borders and just go where it feels like WITHOUT bothering to ask

its basically an invasion by deffinition thats what the pakistani's are objecting too

operating without permission on foreign soil

article.wn.com... looks like it went beyond a few stray rounds at helicopters

as for the casualties Pakistan may be inflating them a little but check thier armies casulaties and deaths, they dont have the hightech advantage of US/UK troops to hold in cover and wait for a mass air offensive

they are going in old school on foot and apc and fighting toe to toe

]Pakistan/Waziristan
Pakistan
1,797 killed, 160 POW/MIA, 450 ex-POW/MIA

3,228 militants killed (Pakistan Insurgency)[28]

en.wikipedia.org...

almost 1 pakistani military/police office dead for every 2 insurgents

the figures may not be 100% accurate but its still a hell of price theya re paying

[edit on 27/9/08 by noobfun]

new topics

top topics

join