It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Simulating black holes to counter artificial hurricanes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 02:58 AM
link   
[edit on 27-9-2008 by mls11.11]

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 02:58 AM
link   
with the increase in hurricane devistation and amount of hurricanes increasing yearly, combined with our current political and economical crisis, I can see where this theory could easily come into play. The total costs of this tropical storm outrage has been enough to cause economical disturbances in itself, combined with the bailout issue it almost seems like the timing for this was overlooked. Natural disasters have become a major problem and i wouldn't think twice to overlook foul play.

www.indiadaily.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Hmmmn. Wow.

The biggest question is how a miniature black hole can be simulated around the artificial hurricane. The answer comes from the same technology used in creating the hurricane in the first place. If the magnetosphere and the ionosphere can be manipulated appropriately and the incoming solar winds used, a simulated black hole can be created to the extent that it can contain the artificial hurricane.

I think the biggest question would not be how to contain and dismantle the hurricane, but how to contain and dismantle the black hole!

It's like using a nuclear weapon to disrupt a volcano. Actually, I think using a nuclear weapon on a hurricane would be safer than this plan.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 04:01 AM
link   
lol d00d when they thought CERN hadron collider was going to create a black hole, it would suck up the earth in like 3 seconds or something....

it's a ridiculus concept to create a black hole for the purpose of destroying a hurricane. quite absurd really.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Indiadaily is an internet equivalent of the Weekly World News. But less reliable.

But I must admit, the idea of dropping a black hole over a hurricane to get rid of it has a certain appeal. Question is how do we then get rid of the black hole?

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Essan

How to get rid of black hole in the center of the ex-hurricane? Easy - nuke it. Then collect radioactive water/air/soil and dump on the moon. Repeat as needed.
Better yet - no need for black holes. Nuke the hurricanes. What is mother nature's fury vs our own?
I wonder if some "scientist" suggested it in reality or it is just journalist making up for poor grades in science classes?

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 08:06 AM
link   
It's a spoof newspaper so my guess is someone made it up without bothering to check how impossible the idea is

new topics

top topics

join