It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No missing link ever found

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Hollywood11

What could be more clear than the similarities already present? You seem to think it's easy to find fossils, it's not. Finding fossils is as much luck as anything else.
The fact is, we have a established trend of over time early apes becoming more and more humanoid. There are gaps, sure. But as of this time I am not aware of any species with a complete evolutionary tree. Doesn't mean evolution didn't happen, means either we haven't dug enough, or the fossils may not exist.
Keep in mind the time scale, not just thousands but millions of years. Most bones don't get fossilized, it's a percentage. Probably a small percentage.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
You also fail to recognise the theory surrounding Erectus. Erectus was around for well over a million years and there are no transitional species between Homo Erectus and Homo Sapian. Between 500,000 and 250,000 years ago, Homo Erectus evolved into Homo Sapiens. Transitional forms between Homo Erectus and Homo Sapiens are referred to as archaic Homo Sapiens.

Here's the wikipedia page on them.

Now if you think that there is too much variance between this and this and are therefore not related then you should think about the variance between this and this. These dogs have more variance than modern man, cro magnon man and H, Erectus ever did!

[edit on 9/27/2008 by Good Wolf]

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Good Wolf

Hollywood..another great thread..I flagged it as I flagged your migration thread.www.abovetopsecret.com...

Great info.....

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
The bottom line is this, there have been many, many, apes on this planet at different times, but only one human race.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hollywood11
The bottom line is this, there have been many, many, apes on this planet at different times, but only one human race.

That doesn't mean jack. That's no different to saying "there's been many cat's in the world but only 1 species of Caracal Cat".

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I really fail to see how a missing link is better proof that evolution is crap than the opposing evidence of.....?

Where is the evidence for any alternative theory? Any evidence that is even remotely as complete as that for evolution?

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   

A Human being is not only the most perfect form on this planet, but in the entire universe. [edit on 27-9-2008 by Hollywood11]

I hope that this is not true. If human beings are "the most perfect form" in the entire universe, then God must have done a supremely crappy job on the whole rest of the universe.

Physically and mentally, human beings are far from perfect. At least I know I am.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 01:40 AM
link   

No, that is just a fact. It doesn't mean squat in this sense. Please, for the love of learn about evolution before trying to make fun of it. Clearly you have a lot left to learn. I shudder to think of the science education you received.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Please explain all the common diseases we get, the mental illnesses, the ease that most animals on this planet can easily kill us, etc.

We are far from perfect. We are a hodge-podge of good ideas and less-bad ideas that together form a functioning organism. If your God designed us, he must have been drunk off his ass.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 02:21 AM
link   
annnnnnnnnnny alternate theory. Creationsists, I am looking at you first... Anyone that has any evidence of an alternate theory that is even remotely as complete as the evidence for evolution. YOO HOO. I know you are out there denying it, so what is the real story and what did you base that on?

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by MorningStar8741

*crickets chirping*

*cue tumbleweed, enter stage left*

*more crickets*

hehehe

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by MorningStar8741

So it's time to ask "Why Creation?"

Sorry bout the plug.

[edit on 10/1/2008 by Good Wolf]

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by dave420

Please explain all the common diseases we get, the mental illnesses, the ease that most animals on this planet can easily kill us, etc.

We are far from perfect. We are a hodge-podge of good ideas and less-bad ideas that together form a functioning organism. If your God designed us, he must have been drunk off his ass.

Perfection in the sense of Yin and Yang, the 5 elements, and the 8 trigrams embodied perfectly in a physical form. Perect in the sense that humans can have NDE's and achieve enlightenment where animals cannot.

Perfection does not mean you are some sort of super predator like from the movie Predator or that no animals could kill us.

Animals are definitely smarter than humans in some ways, how they move, how they cultivate energy, their feircness, etc.

[edit on 2-10-2008 by Hollywood11]

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Perfection in the sense of Yin and Yang, the 5 elements, and the 8 trigrams embodied perfectly in a physical form. Perect in the sense that humans can have NDE's and achieve enlightenment where animals cannot.

Humans are animals and only human arrogance says we can achieve enlightenment whereas they cannot. Indeed there is as much evidence to say that humans are the only species which cannot acheive enlightenment

Animals are definitely smarter than humans in some ways, how they move, how they cultivate energy, their feircness, etc.

Humans are more superior when it comes to causing pain and suffering of other humans. They are vastly superior at destroying their environment and sh*tting in their own beds. They also enjoy killing for the sake of killing and take pleasure from torturing other lifeforms. They also think they are better than anything else.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
chirp....chirp.....chirp.....chirp.....

It is amazing how voracious an argument these anti-evolutionists can put forth until they are asked to lay their own cards on the table.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   
What do you wanna know exactly?

I've made many threads about various aspects of history, not just evolution threads.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Yea and they are full of rhetoric like

and

A Human being is not only the most perfect form on this planet, but in the entire universe. It is unlikely even aliens are as perfectly balanced as a 5 pointed star. Humans also are the most complex and condensed grouping of forces and energies as well. Perhaps one day we will become a 6 pointed star, but this is not evolution in the way scientists concieve.

This is nothing but blind speculation that serves purely to make attacks on science.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 02:08 AM
link   

What I've noticed is the threads you post are your threads. By which I mean they back your point of view.
I noticed folks agree with, fine and dandy.
You claim esoteric knowledge of a place described by Plato, and another place created due to a poor understanding of plate tectonics at the time.
Then you claim any evidence to the contrary is false, untrue, or not relevant.
As such, it's pretty hard to take you seriously.
so, start with the beginning. Don't link a thread, and show us exactly what you are claiming and why we should believe you.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Aaaah. I see. I didn't know we could just make stuff up in discussions and expect to be taken seriously. There I was, thinking we had to stick to observable facts.

My bad.

If someone made a car as flawed as your average human, they would have been sued out of existence a loooong time ago.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I'm the last person to ever make anything up on here. I have provided so many threads loaded with evidence, sources, and proof of everything i say.

[edit on 3-10-2008 by Hollywood11]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join