It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain, Obama clash on Iraq, economy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   

McCain, Obama clash on Iraq, economy

news.ninemsn.com.au

John McCain and Barack Obama accused one another of glaring errors over Iraq and how to keep America safe, as their debut presidential debate flared against a backdrop of political and economic crisis.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
This is a real shame. It was just a tit-for-tat "he said, she said" type of low level argument.

I did expect bigger and better from both these guys and both really disappointment me.

Is it too late for Ron Paul to jump ship and run as an independent? lol (yes I know it is, was just making a point)

news.ninemsn.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   
With all that these two have said and all of the differences they pronounce against one another, I expected "actual" mud to be slung. I had absolutely NO expectations for this debate. It was a routine that is expected during presidential campaigning as the polls draw near. Just going through the motions. To me, it says that they have no respect for Mississippi, Univ of MS, attending citizens and all of those that watched/listened via media. This was nothing more than a rigged boxing match with no clear winner.

Ron Paul '08.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   
LOL. Ummmm...okay, im confused. This is poilitics. And again, what exactly was it you guys expected? Its all rigged.

And the insane/paranoid Ron Paul wouldnt even stand a chance.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I heard McCain not once looked at Obama.

Not that it matters, but I was wondering if this is yet another tactic to sensationalise reports in the MSM.

It could be something to do with arthritic pain, or some other condition, but will we have another interview to get a first hand explaination?

Only time will tell.

In the meantime, as you may have realized by my first statement that I didn't watch the show.

I was busy watching Reba with my granddaughter instead. I guess I had to prioritize, and I believe I have made the correct choice, as I would again in a heartbeat.

I will check it out later when it is posted online. I want to see the body language more than anything at this point. Some might say that analysing these subconcious movements may be more telling than words.

I'll give an opinion on content after I view the dabate.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Neither one of them slung mud at the other. McCain did not call Barrack the anti-Christ. He did not accuse him of not wearing a lapel. He did not say "OMG you called my VP a pig!". Obama didn't accuse McCain of being too old, etc (sorry, I don't know much dirt on McCain because I don't pay attention to it).

They talked about issues. Obama, for instance, talked about where he could draw money from, and where he could put that money. McCain brought up voting record and Obama rebutted about pork-barrel voting by McCain.

It was exactly as a debate should be. They can't realistically pull out a budget on stage and go through it line by line.

What do you people want?

It was a great debate.

McCain did far better than I pictured him doing, but I gave Obama the win 10-8.

[edit on 27-9-2008 by Sublime620]

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Got to bed very late last night over here in the UK - the first debate I have really took notice off...it was a great to watch.

My favourite line from Obama

"Obama turned to John McCain: "When the war started you said it was going to be quick and easy, you said we knew where the weapons of mass destruction were. You were wrong."

BBC Scorecard - news.bbc.co.uk...

[edit on 27/9/2008 by davidifty]

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by davidifty

My girlfriend pointed out that McCain would say, "Senator Obama just doesn't understand..." and then go into his argument. I think it was a fundamental flaw because it allowed Obama to come back in and state exactly how he understands.

It made McCain almost look as if he doesn't understand Obama's position, not the other way around.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Sublime620

The answer Obama was giving were not in line with the facts. When McCain was trying to get the surge going, Obama was wringing his hands about a non existent civil war.

The fact is, they were all wrong about a lot of things. Something that inst uncommon in war. Go back and look at all the things they were wrong about in WWII. Hell, Biden was saying the same tings Bush and McCain were saying in the run up to war. How does Biden retain all that credibility?

new topics

top topics

join