It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain "Admistration stymied 9/11 investigation"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I just heard it now folks. McCain said that he and Lieberman started the 9/11 commission on 9/12 but the current administration "stymied" any investigation until the 9/11 victim families got involved. I want to ask a big fat.......WHY!!!!

2. a situation or problem presenting such difficulties as to discourage or defeat any attempt to deal with or resolve it.
–verb (used with object)

3. to hinder, block, or thwart.

dictionary.reference.com...

Actually, I have to say, go McCain.

[edit on 9/26/2008 by Griff]

[edit on 9/26/2008 by Griff]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Griff

Hmmm, I tried doing a search for this on the web, I couldn't find the article where you heard this from, Mind posting a link?

As for the word "stymied":

1. Golf. (on a putting green) an instance of a ball's lying on a direct line between the cup and the ball of an opponent about to putt.

dictionary.reference.com/browse/stymied

Maybe McCain got this word from Bush, he does know more about golf then running a country!

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ryanlv

He said it during the debate. I am sure you will find it on youtube very soon.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
hmmm.....This is interesting.Does this mean he wants to back a new investigation?Where did you hear this?I am no fan of McCain,but I do think we need a new investigation.I don't think we will.I wonder who he was talking to when he said this.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThroatYogurt
reply to post by ryanlv

He said it during the debate. I am sure you will find it on youtube very soon.
Oh Ok.I missed some of the beginning.Not sure how much yet.I am sure it will be on youtube soon.Thank god for youtube!!!!

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by daeoeste

McCain throughout the debate was trying to distance himself from Bush. (at one time saying Obama was as stubborn as GWB)

McCain was talking of how he "reached across the table" to Joe Lieberman regarding an investigation into 911. Bush refused until the families stepped in.

There was absolutely ZERO hint at McCain wanting another investigation. McCain was actually praising the 911 Commission and happy with the results. (so far)

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ryanlv
Hmmm, I tried doing a search for this on the web, I couldn't find the article where you heard this from, Mind posting a link?

Sorry, it is from the debate tonight. Until there is a link, I can't provide.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   
McCain & Lieberman... am i the only one feeling nausea here?

These guys are so much a part of the establishment, by just bring up their names, we know immediately that we are dealing with players. These guys live and breathe the official theory... as well as any legislation that is pro-military and pro-Israel.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by The All Seeing I

I total agree, it is sickening of McCain to mention 911 how dare him.
He will say anything at this point to win votes McCain is a liar, a real piece of work.
Isn’t it funny he waits seven years to mention this!
He has never spoken out against the white house not wanting to investigate 911 before now.
Lieberman is in the same bed as McBush.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griff

I just heard it now folks. McCain said that he and Lieberman started the 9/11 commission on 9/12 but the current administration "stymied" any investigation until the 9/11 victim families got involved. I want to ask a big fat.......WHY!!!!

I'll hazard a guess here:

Bush made a deal with Dems for cooperation in financing the wars in exchange for hindering any investigation into the intelligence failures on 9/11.

The reason the Dems wanted the deal is because any investigation would reveal the fact that policies put into place by Clinton/Gorelick (who was ON the 9/11 Commission) resulted in that failure. And Bush looked asleep at the wheel. So BOTH sides wanted it swept under the rug.

But make no mistake about it, both Dems AND Reps wanted Hussein gone, but not for the WMD's. WMD's were just a cover story that BOTH sides used.

The reason was because he broke the peace treaty he signed at the end of GWI. There's ample evidence of this, AND his "bounty" paid to the bombers in Israel was a known fact. This was their REAL reason why.

Afghanistan was a "gateway" into the Iraq War that could be justified to most members of the international community. It was used to "grease the skids" into Iraq.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I know the MODs frown on cheerleading.... but Seymour... Awesome post.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I know the MODs frown on cheerleading.... but Seymour... Awesome post.

top topics

join