It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They Said It! Former President Bill Clinton On Democrats Resisting Fannie Mae And Freddie Mac Reform

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   

They Said It! Former President Bill Clinton On Democrats Resisting Fannie Mae And Freddie Mac Reform

www.gop.com

Clinton: "I think the responsibility that the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress, or by me when I was President, to put some standards and tighten up a little on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." (ABC's "Good Morning America," 9/25/08)
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Breaking News Forum Submission Guidelines – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 26/9/2008 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
We need a lot less resistance along party lines and a lot more cooperation and focus on honesty and "country first." I like McCain. He is an Annapolis grad. As a USAF Academy grad, I know he lives by the honor code. Gen Petraeus is a West Point grad, who also lives by the code. Look at the fantastic results he got in Iraq, and how he was a straight-shooter in telling you the current events and problems there.

America needs men of integrity running the show. Carter went to Annapolis, too, and Eisenhower went to West Point.

www.gop.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Breaking News Forum Submission Guidelines – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 26/9/2008 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Jim Scott

I will comment here when i figure out if this is supposed to be ironic.. :Still not sure :/ :

[edit on 26-9-2008 by d11_m_na_c05]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by d11_m_na_c05

im still laughing a little too..it reminds me of the recent Georgia +russia incident when Sec.Rice says you cant just go bombing countries in the 21 century...ironic.? btw i voted for Bush. But I do see the error of their ways .

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Former United States President Bill Clinton has been absolutely surprising as of late. He has been brutally honest, and we have been hearing absolutely nothing as of yet in terms of him tearing into EITHER current Candidate for the White House. He has actually been quite complimentary towards both Parties recently, and stepping across lines. This is NOT the same Bill Clinton right now that seemed to exist in the 1990's.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Bill Clinton Being honest? has Hell frozen over? I wonder if he's starting to air democrat secrets because Obama didn't choose Hillary as his running Mate. OR if he really has a conscience?

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I think the Clinton's have some sour grapes with Obama. Remember the $20 million Hillary was in debt? She wanted Obama to help her pay it off via the Democratic Party. I am thinking maybe he didn't, so the Clintons are not actually helping by "supporting" him, and association may be hurting him. It also doesn't help if they are making comments that may later turn on Obama's chances.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 03:20 AM
link   
McCain's stint at Annapolis was so long ago he may as well have attended school in the paleolithic era. What is this "Code" you suggest he lives by?

Is there any proof to that statement or is it something you've been taught to think of military personnel?

I'm actually curious.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Another case where democrats decided to play politics. Judging on how they have been trying to place the blame on the republicans, I would say that is quite an accurate portrayal of the democrats and their agenda that is being unfolded.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 05:09 AM
link   
ummm....that still doesn't explain....
after clinton, there was bush as president and both houses of congress were republican...remember the k street scandels, where lobbying groups were told that if they couldn't send republicans to washington, don't bother sending anyone...
remember those good ole days where the members of congress were just bush's yes men and he basically got whatever he wanted and what dems that were in congress had next to nothing as a voice?
four years that they could have changed this.....and they didn't either. they were just too busy playing politics and enjoying their "majority".

on a side note.....

I wonder how this is coming along...do any of us really need to wait till 2010 for the report to be released?

IMF to audit US Financial System: Can you say ENRON?

correntewire.com...

if nothing else, it should provide many, many lessons to future generations as to how not to run a banking system.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 05:38 AM
link   
there's a lawsuit against BOA and countrywide.....
and well.....it's an interesting read, if true, would prove that there was a considerable amount of fraud going on not only against the bankers, the investors and such, but against the homebuyers themselves...since those homebuyers often times depend on the appraisers to act in an honest way...which well, if the claims are true, the honest appraisers were fired and blacklisted!

www.azcentral.com...

top topics

join