It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth Wobble 12,000 Years Ago Creates Green Sahara

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 03:03 AM
link   
ever think they just chopped down all the trees or over grazed the land?

look at ellis island with the statues they cut down all their trees then they all died cause they know nothing of sustainability.

they just knew how to make silly statues that arent event hat good honestly. i think kids could do a better job with clay and a kiln.

then there is china present day where over grazing of lands is causing the great expansion of the desert there.

think im going to have to go with occams razor and just blame the stupidity of the people there for it becoming a desert.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by tigpoppa

According to Wikipedia-

Occam's razor;
The principle states that the explanation of any phenomenon should make as few assumptions as possible, eliminating those that make no difference in the observable predictions of the explanatory hypothesis or theory.

With all due respect your comment is full of assumptions and contain assertions that make no difference towards the explanation of what happened and why.
For example how could cutting down trees in the Sahara, if there were any, and overgrazing change the global climate, i.e. Younger Dryas climate change, Mass extinction event of North America and the end of the Clovis culture all happen almost overnight? And that's just a glimpse of the tip of the iceberg.

If there truly is interest in this subject I would highly encourage a closer look at those seemingly silly megalithic structures found all over the world and the events that changed everything. This could very well be the beginning of the merging of all the sciences in a global effort to uncover humanities epic disaster.

No matter how many times I have dropped this subject due to events in my own personal life I end up running across something that adds a little bit more to this puzzle. This in turn brings me back to reread some of these articles that are outlining an amazing event.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Hi Scott,

Thanks for bringing the Nat Geo article to my attention. I cover the hypothetical shift of the Earth's crust in my book The Stonehenge Observatory. You can see more here:

www.stonehengeobservatory.com...

I suggest a near miss with a very large object as the reason for a temporary shift in the orientation of the crust and calculated the center of rotation to be on the west coast of Africa, which would have swung Niger slightly north into the temperate zone.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Scott Creighton

PS - I will shortly be posting here on ATS a new theory concerning the design of the Great Pyramid of Giza that will turn our ideas as to how the ancients designed this structure quite literally on its head. Look out for it.

Thanks for the heads up Scott, looking forward to the new information that you are bringing forward.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Hi Scott,

This is fascinating and I have a ton of questions (-:

The first is that the seasons reverse every 13 000 years in a
constant slow cycle? I wonder why I have never heard this before?
I mean that would mean the season's were slowly shifting all the time
and I guess they would need big maps like the Giza clock to map that
for planting etc?

And if the earth's axis shift happened around 13 000 years ago
wouldn't that mean there was no precession - or at least a much smaller
wobble before that? I saw a stone clock in Africa they say is something like
200 000 years old and it was marking Orion's belt at each culmination
as well (I think you had the link to that story) so how could this be if the
axis shift hadn't happened yet? It seems they were mining gold at this
site - I wonder why gold was so important back then as it seems it was?

The other thing I wonder is if you have read Herbie Brennan's
book The Atlantis Enigma? It is an amazing read and goes
into the near destruction of the planet BC 10 500 in great depth.

I don't want to spoil the ending as he writes it rather like a detective
novel so this is why I am asking first if you have read it?

The other thing I wonder is if you have any ideas as to who is
living on Mar's? There seems to be a pretty extensive underground
city of tunnels built there in the last 100 years or so as per Johnny
Danger's dangerous Mar's site etc. Is it our giant alien forefathers?
I would love your opinion on that if you have the time to answer.

Oh and just one more question I promise! I read a book a long time ago
about the scarab beetle being a kind of map of something to do with the
suns magnetism and the fluctuations in this being something that wiped
out the Egyptians - and also about the suns magnetic pole shifting at some
stage. I know this all sounds very vague but I wondered if you knew anything
about this and whether it could have something to do with what the Giza
clock is predicting?

OK - so thanks again if you can answer all these and I understand if you
only want to answer one or two - but these are all the things I really wonder
about and it is great to have someone to ask!

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by karismac

Hello Karismac,

Hi Scott,

Karismac: The first is that the seasons reverse every 13 000 years in a constant slow cycle? I wonder why I have never heard this before?

SC: This is one of the effects of the phenomenon known as the 'Precession of the Equinox'. See this article on Axial Precession for a fuller explanation.

Karismac: And if the earth's axis shift happened around 13 000 years ago wouldn't that mean there was no precession - or at least a much smaller wobble before that?

SC: Not necesarily. The Newcomb model of the Earth's axial tilt already predicts that it will fluctutate between 22.1º and 24.5º independently of precessional motion. The other thing to note about precessional motion is that the rate of precession also fluctuates. It is presently getting faster.

Karismac: I saw a stone clock in Africa they say is something like
200 000 years old and it was marking Orion's belt at each culmination
as well (I think you had the link to that story) so how could this be if the
axis shift hadn't happened yet?

SC: I believe you are referring to Michael Tellinger's 'Adam's Calendar' standing stones in South Africa. I am not sure of the claim here to be honest so cannot comment on its veracity. However, regardless of the axis shift, precession will still occur and stars will still have culminations.

Karismac: The other thing I wonder is if you have read Herbie Brennan's book The Atlantis Enigma? It is an amazing read and goes
into the near destruction of the planet BC 10 500 in great depth. I don't want to spoil the ending as he writes it rather like a detective novel so this is why I am asking first if you have read it?

SC: No - I haven't read that one.

Karismac: The other thing I wonder is if you have any ideas as to who is living on Mars?

SC: It's not a field of study I have taken an interest in. Richard Hoagland, formerly of NASA, has done a ton of research in this area.

Karismac: Oh and just one more question I promise! I read a book a long time ago about the scarab beetle being a kind of map of something to do with the suns magnetism and the fluctuations in this being something that wiped out the Egyptians - and also about the suns magnetic pole shifting at some stage. I know this all sounds very vague but I wondered if you knew anything about this and whether it could have something to do with what the Giza clock is predicting?

SC: Haven't heard of that one either but it is well understood in orthodox AE mythology that the Scarab Beetle has a solar association as the AE God Khepri who pushed the sun around the sky.

Karismac: OK - so thanks again if you can answer all these and I understand if you only want to answer one or two - but these are all the things I really wonder about and it is great to have someone to ask!

SC: You are very welcome.

Kind regards,

Scott Creighton

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scott Creighton

SC: Not necesarily. The Newcomb model of the Earth's axial tilt already predicts that it will fluctutate between 22.1º and 24.5º independently of precessional motion.

There's very compelling and solid evidence that the Newcomb Formula for axial tilt calculatons begins to diverge from actual observed axial tilt observations from around the 1800's, with an increasing significant divergence as you head back in time towards 2345 BC. At that point in time, the axial tilt appears to have been approximately 3 degrees greater than the value calculated by Newcomb's Formula.

See my thread where I supply the data and perform an analysis to demonstrate this obvious and marked increase in the axial tilt value.

The earths axial tilt - presenting evidence for it being much larger 4000 years ago

[edit on 16/8/10 by tauristercus]

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
The super volcano in Germany erupted at about that same time.
www.dailymail.co.uk...

Also there was an unknown species of man and a die off on the West Coast at that time
www.kjvbible.org...

I think it all may tie to the incoming particles from the galactic center proved by this scientist.
www.etheric.com...
www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

However, in 1983 Paul LaViolette presented evidence to the scientific community indicating that
2 - 4)
1. Galactic core explosions actually occur about every 13,000 - 26,000 years for major outbursts and more frequently for lesser events.

2. The emitted cosmic rays escape from the core virtually unimpeded. As they travel radially outward through the Galaxy, they form a spherical shell that advances at a velocity approaching the speed of light.
"Astronomical discoveries subsequently confirmed aspects of Dr. LaViolette’s hypothesis. In 1985, astronomers discovered that Cygnus X-3, an energetic celestial source of cosmic rays, which is about the same distance from Earth as the Galactic Center (25,000 light years), is showering Earth with particles, traveling at close to the speed of light, moving in essentially straight paths.(13) Later, scientists found the Earth is impacted, at sporadic intervals, with cosmic rays emitted from the X-ray pulsar Hercules X-1 (about 12,000 light years distant).(14, 15) The intervening interstellar medium has so little effect on these particles, that their pulsation period of 1.2357 seconds, is constant to within 300 microseconds.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   
It is a well known scientific fact that the Earth not only turns, but wobbles. It is thought that this was a big part of Egyptian religion. It is why the north star has changed over the years.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   
" What caused this wobble of the Earth's axis 12,000 years ago? "

My guess is obese polar bears.

Same issue is happening in the US in modern times. I have seen a grainy video of vast herds of morbidly obese Americans migrating from one fast food franchise to the other.

These migrations can last from breakfast until mid-morning-teatime.

That much mass must have a wobbling effect. Right ?

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   

sty
it could be the passing of our solar system trough the plan of our galaxy. Our galaxy has a black hole in the center, a black hole that could itself have a strong magnetical field. When we travel from "south" to the "north" of our galaxy , sure we could be affected by this passing. However i am not sure if this would be indeed 12 000 years. Also, it looks that the orbits of the planets are safe - as we cannot observe that our planets move as they should if nothing bad ever happened..

Many don't believe in Black Holes and Electric Universe doesnt support them, even Steven Hawking has second thoughts on them now.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Well I wonder how it turned back to the desert because it seems that some event then must have happened after the greening up, to ruin it all. Because climate changes take place with vegetation. For example, if you wish to bring a better climate to a region, you plant trees, bushes and draw in the rain, the climate adapts. Not weather changes, but long term climate changes when you plant green.

posted on May, 7 2022 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Interesting thread from way back ATS. This question has always intrigued me.

What caused the wobble that caused this very dramatic change in climate?

I still don't think that question has been answered successfully and leads one to wonder about quick changes of climate on Earth. They seem to occur independent of human beings behavior.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join