It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brainwave Entertainment: Bad Side-Effects

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Sance,

Yeah, I am almost completely fine now. I only have slight trouble with bright lights and I still can't really get a buzz from drinking beer or wine.

But keep a positive vibe; I think that you too will make a lot more progress.

I am very interested to hear what the people at the mental institution said. Please provide more details, this is the first time I have heard of a doctor believing that this type of injury is real.

Also, I would like to keep talking via this thread, so that others can be helped if the same thing happens to them. Is that cool?

Last question: are you having any problems with your ears? Thanks.

- Blue

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by sty

Sty,

I'm feeling much better, thanks for asking, but man what an awful ordeal.

I hope that others can be helped by this thread. Thanks for your post!

- Blue

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   
hey thats fine,, i didn't think you would check this thread often thats why i asked to have faster talk.

anyway, to answer some of your questions.

these are the symptoms that i still experience,, depends on the day.

- Experiencing some white noise in my ears,, especialy at night when there are little or no other noises.

- At night when i get sleepy, seems like i am drowning, i noticed that one night i was listening to music and i had extremly much trouble to voice sync with the music.

- when tired and speaking, i notice that i skip some words.

- at morning i would feel much better with my eyes closed, after i open my eyes i would start getting the "brain fog".. to be more precise, like a "mist".

- it seems like i can concentrate much better when i watch a computer screen.

- and i still feel the pressure in my head, not so worse as before, but still exists. like someone mildly squeezing my middle brain.

- another thing,hard to follow movies and stuff on tv, like i can't focus/concentrate enough.

- pressure in my eyes like burning, and forehead pressure as wel.

and just to make it clear, i never had those symptomps before, this all started overnight.

tell me about your symptoms please, when did you start feeling that they start disapearing?

and another thing, did you have any panic attacks while listening to the brainwave sounds?

thanks and peace friend

[edit on 17-3-2009 by sance]

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Double Post deleted

[edit on 18-3-2009 by Boatphone]

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Sance,

Again, my symptoms included:

mild detachment from reality
sensitivity to light
sensitivity to loud noise
mild fear
mild anxiety
confusion
short-term memory problems
difficulty sleeping
vivid dreams
difficulty being social

I felt better after 3 days, thereafter improving a little bit each week. But I was still very messed up for 6 months. With a big positive change after the 6 month mark. But I am still not 100%.

Please, tell me what the doctors told you, about the "brain being out of balance". Did they suggest any treatment? Thanks.

Also, how are you feeling now? Anyone else have this type of trouble after using "Brainwave Enterainment"?

Does anyone else think TMI is shady?

- Blue

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
wel i am feeling little bit better last 2 days.

i am trying to keep up a log about what time i go to bed, what time i wake up, what have i eaten etc.

and at end of the day i give it a score of the day log, so if i ever start feeling worse i can always try doing one of those things from log, i know it sucks programming yourself to do things but maybe it will help.

i still feel the pressure in my head, also like you said detachment from reality. same feelings.

what the therapist told me is that i had something like a brain reset, probably caused by the panic attack, or too much use of brainwaves. which now developed into unbalance in brain.

he said it should get back to normal in few weeks or months. wel i don't know to be honest, i hope it wil.

anyway i am having difficulties writing this.

today i spend 2 hours drawning with pencil, it seems like i felt better doing it.

also maybe its nothing, but yesterday i was drinking a lot of water i had feeling like it helped a little.

one last thing.. i came across another forum, its a pretty old thread, i am still bussy reading it. but there is so much information there with same symptomps as ours.

i hope you wil spend some time to read it as wel we can then try to figure out whats best.

cause to be honest, the doctors won't help us much, unless we were their children .

this is the thread i was talking about:
www.imminst.org...

peace

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by sance

and another thing, did you have any panic attacks while listening to the brainwave sounds?

Yes, I did when I first heard the odd sounding tone I felt intense panic. I had to splash cold water on my face.

The panic attacks themselves may be to blame for our symptons. Could a panic attack use up all of a persons dopamine or disturb other neurotransmitters?

- Blue

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by blueblue7777

Does anyone else think TMI is shady?

No. Not at all. I think they are one of many companies that made bi-neural audio technology and they are a good company, good people, and they've been working to bring science and experience together for decades.

Your logic is akin to deciding all television and cable networks are shady because epileptics can have seizures related to the flashing or sudden shift of light on the screen. The reality is epileptics should not watch TV, and people who have or allegedly have bizarre neural breakdowns just by hearing sounds should not listen to bineural audio.

Perhaps it could be caused by hidden brain damage to begin with. The way bineural tech works is that it plays one audio frequency to each ear (which means each hemisphere of the brain) and they differ slightly, and the two hemispheres which work together via the corpus callosum actually create a third, innate-to-the-brain frequency, you might think of it like a harmonic. This is generated BY the brain itself. I suppose if there were some kind of brain lesions or damage or lack of development in the corpus callosum in particular, it's possible this kind of audio could result in a major problem (including panic attack and symptoms) as soon as it began.

(I might add that there are known chemicals which do break down the CC; testosterone at or before birth is allegedly detrimental to it and is considered one reason that some people have more "synthesis" ability while others seem more like "one track minds", because there's less communication going on via CC.)

I am not a doctor, I don't even play one on TV, and I'm not attempting to convince you that you are brain damaged, I am merely looking for any possible explanation no matter how remote to explain why audio that doesn't bother anybody else is reported as completely screwing you up for months; this is armchair discussion not labeling.

Your problems, whatever they are, are rare, and rather bizarre, and it isn't fair to blame any given company that makes bineural audio for them.

Best,
PJ

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by blueblue7777

hi blue, this could explain it all. we have to find out what exactly happens in our brain when we receive a panic attack.

my panic attack was severe, never experienced anything like this in my life.

and even when i had the panic attack i was soo extremly stupid to continue listening to it.. i tryed to hold on to it for as long as i could, i thought this was all part of the experience.

btw.. do you also have the same experience in the morning when you just wake up and open your eyes, that there is no problem, like its all been solved.
to me thats what happends, my brainfog isn't present then.

i start getting it maybe 15, 20 min after i wake up and start doing tasks.

another thing, i started using L-tryptophan since 2 days, it can be converted to - serotonine or melatonine as i understand.

it could be that thats out of balance. gonna try it few more days and see how it goes.

[edit on 22-3-2009 by sance]

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedCairo
No. Not at all. I think they are one of many companies that made bi-neural audio technology and they are a good company, good people, and they've been working to bring science and experience together for decades.

I understand. I'm not trying to attack them, but I guess their rude treatment of me is fueling my negitive feelings.

Your logic is akin to deciding all television and cable networks are shady because epileptics can have seizures related to the flashing or sudden shift of light on the screen.

That's not really fair. Most television networks don't claim that watching them will improve a persons math skills or ability to focus.

Your problems, whatever they are, are rare, and rather bizarre, and it isn't fair to blame any given company that makes bineural audio for them.

I agree that this is rather bizarre, indeed. I do have ADD and my brain might be wired a bit differently because of, or to cope with, the ADD.

Best,
- Blue

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Be very careful of taking things from the net and listening to them, you never know what is in the sounds. Mind control is rife in society

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
The neurotransmitter systems may be affected.

Keep testing that out...

- Boat

[edit on 23-3-2009 by Boatphone]

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by blueblue7777
reply to post by sty

Sty,

I'm feeling much better, thanks for asking, but man what an awful ordeal.

I hope that others can be helped by this thread. Thanks for your post!

- Blue

Hello, Blue

Noticed this thread in Recents and decided to have a look. I'm glad you're doing better and best to you on your journey.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Are you still feeling the negitive effects OP?

Have you looked into the website that I posted?

- Boat

[edit on 24-3-2009 by Boatphone]

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by TravelerintheDark

Thanks for checking in, Traveler. Your posts were very helpful.

I'm in the process of tracking down the cause of my condition.

Best,
- Blue

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   

i think atm not thinking about this, and concentrating on other things can be the best medicine. as the doctor think its all in my head.
possible beginning face of schizophrenic what they say.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
OP how are you doing now?

Have you considered that you may be having issues with GABA levels?

- Boat

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   

hi, i read ur post and im also a person who has been using a brain wave entertainment file, i used the astral travel audio program... wow wat u said is soo true, i had just a few of the symptoms u had only mild detachment from reality and vivid dreams,, i just felt that everything had no meaning,, and btw im a buddhist and suddenly i started doing more and more research on astral stuff, enlightenment, rebirth etc.. i just went a bit nuts in abt 2 weeks.. im nt sure wat happend bt i think most of the programs reduce the frequency of the brain to a low level, most days after listening to it, i didnt feel like doing anything.. felt like nothing has meaning.. im gonna stop this frm today, i guess its better to try sumthing like meditatiion instead... bt wat they have said is true it does have a huge effect in our minds, i guess our minds are not trained for that..

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
FYI, this could be HPPD...

Wiki HPPD

Sounds selfsame to me.

- Boat

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Hi all,

I'm almost back to normal (again) but with some sensitivity to light and inability to feel drunk after drinking alcohol. Does anyone else have any information to share on this topic?

Link to EEG and GABA Article

The above article may have some connection to this strange issue.

- Blue

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join