It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brainwave Entertainment: Bad Side-Effects

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Talk about psychosomatic...

Go do some brainwave entrainment again, until you overcome your fear, and all will be lifted.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I find this topic very interesting.

A fews things, off the top of my head...

1. I don't trust this so-called Monroe Institute. I wonder, has anyone on ATS ever investigated them?

2. If it's possible that using these types of Brainwave files can bring about positive changes in a person's mind, then it should be safe to assume that using such a file could bring about negitive changes, as well.

3. Are you still out there Blue?

- Boat

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Boatphone
I find this topic very interesting.

A fews things, off the top of my head...

1. I don't trust this so-called Monroe Institute. I wonder, has anyone on ATS ever investigated them?

2. If it's possible that using these types of Brainwave files can bring about positive changes in a person's mind, then it should be safe to assume that using such a file could bring about negitive changes, as well.

3. Are you still out there Blue?

- Boat

The Monroe Institute is great. Robert Monroe is just a guy that learned how to astrally project and helped develop a science that was just getting off the ground.

The only thing binaural beats do is help your mind relax into a state that it already can and does, just a little faster. You know that state when you are watching tv late at night and you're falling asleep but you're still awake and everything seems sort of calmer and slower - well there is a specific set of brainwave frequencies attributed to that state. Binaural beats can play that (and many more) frequency in your head, and if you are willing, your brain can synchronize with it and tune to that state. Binaural beats do not bring about any changes, it's YOU doing the work. It's like hypnosis, only there are no hypnotists giving you suggestions, you have to give it yourself. Also, the only suggestions that get in, are those that your mind accepts (which a lot of the time, your mind kicks out positive things too, and thats why people need many sessions to overcome some problems).

There is nothing harmful about binaural beats. Think of them like floaty pool toys, you can swim and float just fine with out them, but they make it a lot easier.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
i accidently found this post,, i am having the same symptoms,, its been 4 weeks allready and i do feel little better but still not even near normal..

the worst beeing is that i can't sleep at night,, and even if i did sleep for 10 hours i would feel unrested the next morning..

the doctor didn't help me at all,, actualy i think it was just a waste of time.. and they told me the same thing,, a tape can't do anything like that to your brain.

i hope you are doing okey now, i am still 1 month away ,, and if it took you 5 its going to be a hell but at least i know i can get back to normal

my thread that i created is here, all help is welcome

iso-tones.com...

[edit on 27-1-2009 by sance]

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Sance,

I am now pretty much 100% better. But I still have trouble when drinking alcohol. It is not as enjoyable as it once was. And sometimes it makes me feel very uncomfortable. (sometimes lights still bother me too).

But I know that you too will recover, in time. Just try to rest a good amount, and then, try reading a lot, to build up your mental balance and regain your normal mode of thinking.

Can you provide more information about yourself? There may be something that we share in common that allowed us to be affected negatively by these tones.

Questions for you:
1. What kind of tone did you first play?
2. Do you have any other medical issues? ADD? Sleeping disorder?
3. How do you feel now?

I hope you begin to feel better very soon.

Best, Blue

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Reddupo

Greetings Sir,

I sorry to say, that according to the Monroe Institute's website, their products are intended to do much more than "help a person relax".

Like:

these efforts have resulted in the development of scores of individual products for specific applications such as focused attention, stress reduction, meditation, sleep enhancement, and pain control, to name a few.

www.monroeinstitute.com...

In my opinion, their tapes or tones can be very disruptive. If they can create benificial effects in humans then they should be able to create i;;-effects as well. Right?

Best, Blue

[edit on 2-2-2009 by blueblue7777]

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
This is still very interesting to me...

Question: Could these reported problems be caused by the pineal gland? That is to say, could a frequency or tone upset the pineal gland and create negitive effects?

Could these effects last after the persons brainwaves have returned to normal? What problems can come from pineal gland activation? Or Serotonin issues?

- Boat

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Hi Guys, i am really surprise to hear the negative coments about the binaural beats, if the one you listened at was a real binaural beat at all. As a doctor I never heard of any complaints like such. However before blaming binaural beats itself I l rather suggest to try the right product that is professionally designed. Not any crap that sells on market and you consider Binaural beats/Brainwave entertainment as wrong. Considering negative comments try real beats free sample from here www.braineditor.com...

sty

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I often use a freeware program called "Gnaural". I never had any problem like the one described on the OP.. while I have to admit I play with frequencies from 8 to 150 hertz . Normally this type of programs should NOT be used by people with epilepsy : it is possible that simply your brain reacts in an epileptic-like fashion, just stop using the program and you will get better. Doctors will not be able to help you very much as they generally have no clue on BrainWaves . Let us know how you feel , ok?

sorry: i forgot to ask : what frequency made you feel sick ? this could be a clue to why you feel bad!

[edit on 17-2-2009 by sty]

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by blueblue7777

Hi "Blue" and "Sance,"
Thank you so much for sharing your story. I JUST bought the "Life Mastery" series of Brain Entrainment (sound with headphones and flashing light with glasses) from Portervision.com.

After each of the 3-30 minute sessions I've done at about 5pm each evening, I have felt very...energyless ...when I try to have a conversation with someone after in the next few hours, the words I want to say don't come up and out of my mouth, I just feel kind of...slow..spacy..in a very uncomfortable and out-of-control way. It's not a restful or relaxing feeling--it's like spinny nauseating energy stuck in my head and behind my eyes--it doesn't even make me want to sleep though I feel kind of lethargic--like, I couldn't sleep if I wanted to.

Oh and I have this strange feeling of a residual vibration in my throat or voice box...as if I had been sitting in a car with a blasting stereo/base for a couple hours and still felt like my face/throat were vibrating..quite queasy.

I emailed Patrick Porter, the designer of the technology, and he wrote back:

" I would suggest only listening at night for a while. It seems to me that your going deeper than Theta with the machine. Once your brain is trained to go in and out of the different states you will feel energized. Make sure you are drinking enough water. You are exercising the brain through the process and it needs plenty of water."

But after reading about your experience, I want to make sure I'm not hurting myself. I should also mention that I have an over active-mind--lots of overthinking and anxious thinking. And that I am fully awake and even anxious ("am I doing this tape right, these lights are uncomfortable, etc.) while I am listening to the tapes and watching the lights so it's not like I fall asleep or anything.

Anybody have any ideas or know what I'm experiencing?

Thank you very much!

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
For discussions brainwave entrainment:
There is also a lot of information on the site.
brainwave entrainment

I have uses the Monroe tapes.
I sat there and day-dreamed the whole while.
Can't say they did anything noticable, other than relaxation.

I am currently using them as background music on some of my NP2 programs.
I also use Bob Beck's BT7
My brain is very stubborn!

sty

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by OhZone

i guess this BrainWave thing is something that should generaly work for most of the people - however does not work for every single person the same way : this is how the OP got in trouble..

If the BrainWave does not seem to work for you , maybe you should play a bit with different frequences. I also used a program called BrainWave Generator - the pre-settings from that programs would make me feel scared and I would feel like a strange presence next to me . I guess that one would activate parts of my brain responsable in creating fear hehe. So i can say that the best is to work and tune the programs according to your particular needs.

To mention that I find 32-34 Hetz the most stimulating binaurlal frequency

all the best
STY

to the OP: how are you feeling at the moment?

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by blueblue7777

hi blue,

thanks for your reply,, i forgot to check back..

i still don't feel normal after this happend.

its almost 2 months now..

Questions for you:
1. What kind of tone did you first play?
2. Do you have any other medical issues? ADD? Sleeping disorder?
3. How do you feel now?

1. I played "Lucid Dream" from Idoser

it was extremly scarry experience,, i had panic attacks.. after that i couldn't sleep so i used another to make me calm down. "reset" and "sleeping angel"

2. no i didn't have any medical issiues .. sometimes depression but it was all kinda normal.

and i didn't use any medication..

and can you please contact me on my email.

i would love to talk to you about this, i will send you a pm with my email..

i hope you will read this soon

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
terminatorone35 @ msn com

you need to put the commas

[edit on 24-2-2009 by sance]

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Did you communicate with TMI about this? They probably could have provided you some information.

I've done extensive brain state experimentation for nearly 30 years, from self hypnosis to bi-neural beat audio ('Hemi-Sync™' is the trade name for what TMI provides) and other thing. In general I'm one of those people in the top % of the hypnotic suggestibility and altered states--and related anomalous experience--are fairly common for me, so perhaps not having negative reaction to this is because I'm just more naturally accustomed to it.

One time, I had a wide variety of east indian incense -- the real deal stuff, not pretty smelly crap like in the west. I was burning different stuff each day just to see what it was like. One day, I put on a couple fat sticks of something new. After like 10 seconds I thought, "Something's wrong. I feel -- I feel -- " and I literally yelled out loud, "GGGAAAAAHHHHH! NO, ENOUGH!" and I ran with the sticks outside to stomp them out. I swear I felt as if, somehow, they were trying to forcibly project my identity-center out of my body. I've had OBE's my whole life and am fine with this but it felt like something being FORCED. Weirdest thing ever! I've never reacted like that to anything before or since. But I figure if mere seconds of a seemingly harmless incense could make me react that vehemently, probably bineural stuff could affect you.

If you apply for a program at the monroe institute they have a detailed questionnaire. Some people really do not react well to this kind of thing at all. I do NOT consider bi-neural audio tech to be dangerous or a bad thing. But neither are laser light shows; however, epileptics would have something to say about that.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by sance

Sance,

Hang in there buddy, I am almost back to normal but it has taken me 8 months to get this far. Keep up hope, for it may take you a much shorter amount of time to feel better.

The only problems I still have are three:

slight sensitivity to light (becomes worse when I am tired);

inability to feel a buzz when drinking alcohol;

and some social awkwardness;

But these pale in comparison to how I felt when I first hear the TMI audio file. Which was insane and like a zombie, just awful. I also felt strong pressure in my head.

Please detail the issues you are facing now, i.e., your symptoms, so that others on this board may learn about this potential danger. It also might help me and others suggest ways to resolve your problems.

I can tell you that the thing that helped me improve the most was getting outside and into nature, especially away from electronic equipment. Try going for a long walk in the woods or sit in a grassy area. I also tried drinking black tea, which I feel was helpful, as well.

I’m still not sure why the TMI audio file caused my brain such confusion and pain, but I do know that it can happen and that some people are indeed prone to its negative effects.

If you would like to ask other questions off board, try U2Uing me.
Feel better and stay positive,

- Blue

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by RedCairo

Red Cairo,
I did contact the folks at TMI about a week after I first heard the file and was altered. They were very defensive, saying that it was “impossible” that I had been hurt by their audio and I was grossly mistaken. They wrote in email that they had “never” heard of anyone being negatively affected, ever. And that it was very, very unlikely that I was either. I was very put-off by their attitude and treatment of me.

Thank you for sharing the story about the incense, it’s an interesting story for sure. If you can think of any reason why we would have been hurt by this type of audio file, please share it with us. Can you suggest a way for a person to help heal their mind after something like this?

Do you have any contacts at TMI? Thanks.

- Blue

[edit on 28-2-2009 by blueblue7777]

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I'm thinking, given their response to you, that they probably thought you were insane.

It's not unusual for people on the borderline to have just about any experience with the slightest bit of intrigue and before you know it they've had a whole psychotic break and it's something-else's-fault. I've seen this happen a great deal with remote viewing. Some people simply should not be exposed to certain stuff for their own good. Unfortunately there is no way to know who those people are in advance if they don't know themselves.

Your brainwave state is completely alterable by you. It is changing constantly. I could kinda see that maybe some rare person could feel poorly affected by bineural audio tech, but I honestly can't fathom how you're still having side effects 8 months later. I mean, your brainwave state started changing the minute you took off your headphones, and has radically changed all over the place every day for the last 8 months. How that could be affecting you 'onward' not just initially is confusing to me. Not saying it isn't true, just saying I don't have any place in my logic or limited knowlege of brainwaves and tech to explain it.

I suggest you make a point to take control of this by learning some self-induced trancework for example.

Best,
PJ

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   

But these pale in comparison to how I felt when I first hear the TMI audio file. Which was insane and like a zombie, just awful. I also felt strong pressure in my head

thats exeactly how i felt,, the first 2 months.

now i can say that its better but really i am still not the old me.

i think the best thing is to try not to think about it,, i also felt such an pressure in my head, in my eyes.. and doctors didn't belive me..

i would call it "brain fog"

i went to mental institution, they told me its possible that with the panic attack you had that day while listening to the binary, its possible that your brain got out of balance, and it can take few weeks to few months to return to normal..

i hope it wil. i am happy that its better but be carefull.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
btw i can't send any u2u messages.

thats why i asked if we could email?

aim or smthng?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join