It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Artifact from Atlantis?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SciDoc

Im sorry, I should have said "the symbols cant be deciphered" instead of using the word "language".

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Hi,

This may be from Lemuria / Mu.

The mother land. The repeating spiral symbol looks a lot like the hieratic letter H, the alphabetical symbol of the Four Great Primary Forces, "the Sacred Four."

There are other interesting symbols, can you upload more pics?

Cheers!

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
it appears to be a ming dynasty vase or ku.
the key motif , the cloud motif at the bottom, and the general
schematics of the design all say ming.
which is totally awesome to think that the chinese were here before us!
I'm a lurker, but this was too cool not to comment on.

I submit some comparisons for your veiwing:

could you post a source please. thanks.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   

I read a few of the chapters myself this week...
The Minoans learned metal working most likely from the Syrians. From what I have read. And they were much better at stylizing than this. If they wanted you to think bull it would have been quite obvious. imo

The minoans learned the art of metalurgy on their own.

Some of the larger islands of the med had unique conditions that gave the people there a head start on metalurgy.

Metallic copper and gold were to found laying on the ground in the early days, much like in the early gold rush in california.

A unique combination of metal rich soils(from the vulcanism), ample rainfall and coniferous forests, lead to metallic copper being avilable to the earliest settlers without having to learn how to smelt it from ore.

When a tree dies it eventually fall over leaving an impression in the ground, Over many millenia the impression filled in with water and the highly acidic forest debris. Eventually the copper is leached out of the soils as a solid metal.
Im most certainly not an antiquities expert, but i would agree with howm ever said it chinese and about 300-400 years old.

China exported a lot of of bronze in the earliest days of shipping trade with the west.

It has a lot of hallmarks of chinese bronze work.
It is bronze and not brass and its not very old, it is in amazing condition fro having been on the sea floor, although I do susoect it was cleaned at one time(shame shame shame)

It is NOT FROM ATLANTIS OR MU OR LEMURIA.

If we knew the context in which it was found, and where it would be an easy puzzle to solve.

I laying odds that it is 17th century chinese, and it was being shipped on a spanish galleon from china via the phillipines and mexico, and the ship went down like hundreds of others in an atlantic storm.

It had to come from a wreck near shore as they dove on it. They had to be diving a wreck cause your not going to find something like that while just randomly swimming around.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skelkie3
It seems very possible, Skyfloating, that you ( or your contact before you ) is being used somehow- or maybe not.

Someone is fishing for a valuation ( or at least more info ) on granma's brass tiki torch, I suspect.

Ive suspected this too. The fact that the person wishes to stay anonymous is an indicator that its of high value and mustnt be stolen.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by punkinworks

The minoans learned the art of metalurgy on their own.

Exquisite metal works were created in ancient crete with gold and copper imported from abroad. The Minoans employed several techniques to shape various metals into utilitarian objects and works of art. They mastered the techniques of lost wax casting, repuse (embossing), gilding, faience (grannulation), and nielo. The bee pendant (image above) is a good example of the artist's mastery of the demanding process of faience, during which tiny beads of gold are adhered to the surface of the cast jewelry with a special low-heat solder alloy. This is a technique most likely learned from the Syrians and with whom the Minoans had regular contact. The Minoans introduced the niello technique to the Mycenaeans, who used it to create black, bold outlines on gold decorations, and mastered the delicate process of gilding objects with gold leaf (extremely thin sheets of hammered gold foil). The Harvest Rython (image below) and the Bull Rython's horns were gilded with gold leaf.

Here is a quote mentioning learning from the Syrians.. from here

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by seagrass

I would add that the Cypriote's and Hittite (and those that came after) all had metallurgical skills. It would seem that skill and metal trading tended to move around abit.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by serpentine
It's an awesome artifact. Sorry if I missed something. I am not convinced it has anything to do with Atlantis. However it is (probably) not a fake or a hoax. The asian lion head (which is actually a tiger if it has asian roots) says to me it is chinese (that is if it is older than 2-300 yrs). Other motifs, as forementioned, say it may have roots in other cultures. I know a lot of wreck divers and I can tell you for sure if it was found in the gulf of Mexico it is damn interesting. The fact musuems can't or won't value it only says it is worth a lot of money. Regardless it is beautiful. I will assume experts have already viewed the thread.
For sure id they are sitting on the fence it is very important.
I study the Atlantis - lost civilizations for 20 yrs. I know a little about antiiquties. This item is hot. Sounds dumb but the best place (to find out if it holds) is eBay. For sure it will hit 100,oooUS within a week. Thereore it may be priceless. The big problem is if it is important it will be purchased and disappear.
Ebay dudes..........eBay.
If an arab offers half mill we know it is a special piece, but to be honest the Atlantian anglr holds no weight.........YET.
I will be following this thread. One of the more interesting in the last week.
I'd suggest Z.Sitchin is the man yu need on the case.

100 000 within a week? Exciting.

Anyone else here with similar thoughts?

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shawn B.
Atlanteans created the bible.

The Hebrew Bible? The Torah? You mean literally created it? Or that the Bible was written about them?...

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Well... if you can prove it was recovered from the Atlantic ocean, with official documents, that would certainly increase the amount of bidders and high bid. Also, including an interesting theory, such as Atlantis, would help.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
It seems to be made of Bronze and in good condition considering the age.
I would think it to be Mayan rather than Aztec due to the location of the find, its quite possible this could date back to the 1st century (WOW)
not sure on the use maybe a torch of some kind to light a mayan pyramid

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pr00F
It seems to be made of Bronze and in good condition considering the age.
I would think it to be Mayan rather than Aztec due to the location of the find, its quite possible this could date back to the 1st century (WOW)
not sure on the use maybe a torch of some kind to light a mayan pyramid

I maya-expert posted here earlier explaining that it has nothing to do with mayan culture. I was thinking it did because of the location it was found, but apparently it doesnt.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Okay, Mrs Zilverberg just mailed me back, she saw the pictures of the object and writes:

That this type of object not lays within her field of Expertise. She is an expert in objects / traditional antiquity of Egypt, Greece and Rome.

So, it's not Greek, Roman or Egyptian. (Law of deduction)

Further more she suggest that an expert of Aziatica (Asian objects / artefacts) prob. knows more about this kind of ' Temple Cauldron'.

Does anyone know someone in that field???

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by asmall89
Hmm that is very interesting I took a semester of Archeology in college and it has always been an interest of mine. The interesting thing about this piece is not only is it metal it's from the Florida coast. The reason this is weird is mainly because the Indians from Mexico and south America (such as the Mayans and Aztec's) were the only Indians to have practiced metal smithing. The symbols that are the background that look like the square mazes look pretty Mayan to me, but again it's in the wrong location and it's made of metal which is very odd. It could be Spanish but still... I'd take it to a local university and have an Archaeologist/Anthropologist give you their opinion.

Those 'square mazes' or 's[iralling squares' are also very close to what you see in both classical and modern Greek jewlery and patterns/designs.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Looks similar to this (designs), Ming Dynasty Bronze Vase:

For a larger image: Larger photo:

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Melyanna Tengwesta

The owner of the object has already taken it to various experts and they couldnt tell him where its from. Hence this thread.

But its great to get confirmation. Not from the Mayas, not from Greence, not from Egypt, not from Rome.

Straight from the Atlantic Ocean

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Interesting.
Looks like its upside down though.

Could be an ornate Turkish water pipe.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Whatever it is? Wherever it is from? I WANT it.

Seriously. Try going to this website: "www.beforeus.com"
The person running it is Jonathon Gray. Archaeologist. E-mail him and he should give you some good fair answers.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
It cries out Mayan to Me dont know why the pattens the symbols it just fits its not rare for a civilization to progress from stone to ceramic to metal its all about technology.
i think the bronze if it bronze originated in bolivia which would make it incan. Hmmm

il get back to you when ive done a bit more research on the incan conection

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Avocado
I've been reading The Illuminatus! Trilogy by Robert Anton Wilson & Robert Shea and a similar situation is described therein...

Just so long as you know they're messing with you...it's a satire.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join