It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Italy / Seizures from offices and homes of two reporters of weekly magazine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Italy - Seizures from offices and homes of two reporters of weekly magazine

www.agi.it

Since dawn this morning, on the instructions of Naples' Public Prosecutor, a team of around fifteen finance police have been seizing documents from the editorial offices of Italy's political weekly magazine L'espresso, as well as from the homes of journalists Gianluca Di Feo and Emiliano Fittipaldi. The search and confiscations of documents and computers belonging to the journalists were ordered following the publication of a cover-story inquiry: "This is how I poisoned Neaples".
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.rsf.org
www.agopress.info

[edit on 23/9/2008 by internos]

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 03:47 AM
link   

The inquiry includes confessions by entrepreneur Gaetano Vassallo on the disposal of toxic waste in Campania under instruction from racketeers the Camorra. In his tell-all confessions, Vassallo cites politicians and public officials: in particular Economy Under-Secretary Nicola Cosentino, as well as a large cast of town mayors and managers of local bodies.

Imagine a weekly magazine that does what the Public Prosecutor and the Law in general are unable (or don't want) to do. L'espresso published a detailed account by entrepreneur Gaetano Vassallo: that guy mentioned names, events and dates regarding the disposal of toxic waste in Campania but not only: he also explained how Camorra is moving to the northern regions of Italy, and how it's getting the political and economic power there. I'm from Italy, but i want that this shame is known worldwide, especially because i've barely found one article in english about this huge scandal. All italian journalists have no doubt that this has happened because of the involvement of Economy Under-Secretary Nicola Cosentino. The official reason of the raids is that such an article "may jeopardize the ongoing investigations", technically "publication of acts covered by judicial secrecy".
This is a LIE: if no one would have made it public, then this story would have never been known. This is the freedom of information in Italy, this is how you get paid when you try to say the truth. In according to the Worldwide Press Freedom Index 2007 (Reporters sans frontieres)
Italy is at rank 35, between Bosnia and Herzegovina and Macedonia, a well deserved rank, as you can see.

Rank Country Note
1 Iceland 0,75
- Norway 0,75
3 Estonia 1,00
- Slovakia 1,00
5 Belgium 1,50
- Finland 1,50
- Sweden 1,50
8 Denmark 2,00
- Ireland 2,00
- Portugal 2,00
11 Switzerland 3,00
12 Latvia 3,50
- Netherlands 3,50
14 Czech Republic 4,00
15 New Zealand 4,17
16 Austria 4,25
17 Hungary 4,50
18 Canada 4,88
19 Trinidad and Tobago 5,00
20 Germany 5,75
21 Costa Rica 6,50
- Slovenia 6,50
23 Lithuania 7,00
24 United Kingdom 8,25
25 Mauritius 8,50
- Namibia 8,50
27 Jamaica 8,63
28 Australia 8,79
29 Ghana 9,00
30 Greece 9,25
31 France 9,75
32 Taiwan 10,00
33 Spain 10,25
34 Bosnia and Herzegovina 11,17
35 Italy 11,25
36 Macedonia 11,50
37 Japan 11,75
- Uruguay 11,75
39 Chile 12,13
- South Korea 12,13

www.rsf.org...

www.agi.it
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 23/9/2008 by internos]

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Good Thread Internos,
This is really important, the subjugation of any media outlet especially MSM that does not go according to the "accepted truth" is always signs that the society and politics are changing, towards a more centralised and state type governance. Using current laws to cover up the truth has always been any march to total control's first port of call.

This story also highlights some of the truth of the links between organised crime and governance; it is very apparent in Italy and very deep rooted.

What we can "see" in Italy is just a little bit less organized, or better hidden at the moment in other Western Economies.

IMHO one of the biggest crimes against humanity, due to its time legacy and trans-border affects for generations to come, both Human and other species, has been the poisoning of our world with toxic materials, with only a consideration for the $ made and profit.

Hey throw a apple core on the ground in the UK after eating it and get arrested and fined for "Environmental" reasons, but things such as this happen in Italy, and within the UK we accept most of the "dodgy" radioactive material, they spill it regularly but no new laws or arrests there.

This just highlights the dichotomous nature of modern governance and the reality that underlies it, just crooks the legislators, poisoners and organised crime contractors.

Kind Regards,

Elf.

[edit on 23-9-2008 by MischeviousElf]

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 06:11 AM
link   
It's crazy how people can allow these kinds of atrocities to happen.
I have to constantly remind myself that there are still people out there who don't even consider the environmental impact of their actions(or inaction). Let alone, worry about what isn't being spoken of that should be.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   
The "raid" is for the cover-up. Why would you "raid" something like that? It seems to me, you would knock on their door, say "I'm with the prosecutor's office, can you show me all your files please?", and they would be glad to help.
After all, that seems to be the motivation in publishing that information.

The "raid" is for the cover up.

top topics

join