It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One love ..one life? Do you only get one?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Humans..Should we all be looking to mate for life??
I have been a romantic for most of my life..but how realistic is it..
How many movies do you see where love wins out..and you just have to believe that when the movie ends the people are going to go off..like a fairytail and live "happily ever after"..
Should we start warning our kids that it is most unlikely..tell them to look for what feels good for now..??

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 05:19 AM
link   
i think there are several ppl in this world that are your "soulmates" ( or however you want to call it). like i said in another thread before - i kinda imagine souls come from different planets and it is perfect to find a partner from your soul-planet. so there are several ppl in the world you can have a great-firytale-soulmatish-love with...for me thats a relieving thought, because it would really be difficult if there would be just one person...

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 05:20 AM
link   
I think that the type of love we look for when we are younger, is much different than what we are looking for when we get older.
Sometimes when you are young, you find a person that grows and changes with you, and that creates a stronger relationship, enabling you both to stay together and in love.
Other times, for whatever reason, one partner changes while the other stays the same, or they both change but in ways that are not complimentary to each other anymore. Obviously, that relationship ends.
It's impossible to predict what a person will be like 20 years into the future, as many life experiences can alter a person greatly.
In my opinion, it's wrong to have one set of standards for "THE ONE" perfect person for you.
You may be overlooking someone who has the potential to grow into that.
( Yes, I know..never try to change a man..)
My best advice, is to just be with whomever makes you happy. That is the ultimate goal. Sometimes a friendship can even blossom into a romance..you just never know.
If I have learned one thing for sure..it's that Cupid's arrow will strike when you aren't expecting it.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   
"Marriage is like having cable TV that only gets one channel"

Love that quote. Actually my wife and I have been together for twenty years. We have lived apart for the past two due to health issues but remain very, very close.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Only one? Are y'all kidding me? There is always a second chance in anything and more likely more than one 'soul-mate' in any lifetime. I cannot imagine going to 'heaven' and meeting my ex's!

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by nuts!

haha, I saw this thread and my first thought was that you were behind it. lol your such a romantic nuts!.

Only one nuts!? I reckon we can have more then one we are ment to be with, its good when we have that one person but as Im sure you all know we humans tend to move along sometimes, its just a pitty when the other cant feel the same way.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 02:19 AM
link   

One love ..one life? Do you only get one?

I say several loves and several lives... I believe that every person we encounter has a gift. This gift is a lesson to be learned and is given to those who are open to it. Those that we love have the greatest gifts, those that can enrich our lives in powerful and healing ways.

I believe that to follow the heart is to charge that gift to be given and to render the self open to the gifts of others. If one settles for convenience that gift may lose it's shimmer, and the meaning may be lost. To set a child on a path of unlikely true love is to damper the magic that is in their hearts and in the world.

for romance = magic = heart = love = Freedom

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I have some writing about twin flames,and just copied and pasted a part of it here.

Throughout all of our lives, whether we were aware of it or not, we have in fact always been "connected" to our Twin Flames. Even before we ever reunited with our twins, we have always shared our Divine Compliments emotions. Being connected, we have shared them with our Twins in happiness and sadness, in sickness and in good health, and from the physical plain to the astral plain. But, when Twins come together in the flesh, even if they are unable to make a life together for a myriad of possible reasons, nothing can keep them apart - not walls, not chains, not oceans, and not even if they live on separate continents. Twin Flames - when they come together, are able to defy all laws that apply to this physical realm - a dualistic plain that is collapsing now, into oneness.
Whether or not you have found your Twin here on earth, in the flesh, or on the astral plain, you are aware of the psychic connection that you both share – it is automatic! However, if you are looking for your twin, seeking advice on these divine relationships, or trying to hone your newfound abilities after the recent discovery of your Twin Soul, then maybe you will find something in the body of this article to help you – better connect. Just think of it as one Twin Soul offering help to another Twin Soul. Which is what we are supposed to be doing, right?

We all have voices in our heads whether you beleive or not,,voices can be like your own thought to start with,but I really believe that our twin flames are talking to us,,,,even if their thinking something it can be heard in their twins minds.

How many people say things and just after say 'Why the hell did I say that'

I have my inclins,,,,,is that a word :/ lol well is now

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 02:18 AM
link   
No I do not believe we just have one love in this life. I once felt that way when I married my ex-husband. But for many reasons we grew apart. I would have changes many things I did but such is life. We were just to different. I meet this guy when I was in training while driving a truck. I was drawn to him but had no idea why. The more I got to know him the more I liked him. I saw him off and on just as friends. I was seeing someone at the time. That did not last long. We had talked alittle and one of my friends was sick and he drove us to the hospital. He picked us up later and we dropped her off, but he said I had to go home with him to keep him awake. He had to be at work in an hour when we got there and just stayed up talking. Well we have been dating since july. We have so much in common. It scares us sometimes. I hope everyone finds someone to love as much as I love him. Some of you might know him. he is the one that showed me this site. The guy I am seeing is Zaphod58. He is the only guy I have ever really cared this much for.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 03:37 AM
link   
I've found soul mates before.. but the heart doesn't always know what best for the mind. Just because someone is "perfect" for you does not mean they are good for you.

[edit on 28-9-2008 by riley]

top topics

join