It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Timewave Zero - a closer look

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by helpmefindtheway

LOL....March 2009 shows a small dip on the 18th and 19th along an upward trend which ends just after mid April. On March 20, it continues on upward again, with a few small blips along the way to April 17th.
check it out here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Universal Light

I completly agree with your suggestion that the most important events in our history might mot be reported ever. We might not be aware of them until it is far too late to do anything about them. Most people don't take the time to investigate what is really happening around them, let alone on the other side of the world.

I did find this on my travels, and thought it might or might not be interesting. It lists events round the world according to date, with a list for each country, and although it might skim the surface, it's interesting nonetheless. I haven't had time to hunt through everything yet, but I though I would post the link here for you all to have a look at. Maybe it would give us some idea about what might have happened on key dates.

www.maplandia.com...

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Universal Light

With regard to the last thing you said about time accelerating, one of the best (and earliest) examples of this being discussed is in the book Future Shock written by Alvin Toffler in 1970. In it, he links a new type of 'stress' (future shock - which he refers to as a psychological state) caused by the rate of change in developed societies. One side-effect of future shock is the impression that time itself is speeding up.

I've uploaded a PDF of the book if you'd like to have a look at it:

Future Shock by Alvin Toffler (1970)

Future Shock on Wiki

...quote from the wiki page:

Future shock is also a term for a certain psychological state of individuals and entire societies, introduced by Toffler in his book of the same name. Toffler's shortest definition of future shock is a personal perception of "too much change in too short a period of time". The concept of future shock bears resemblance to the late 20th/early 21st century concept of "the technological singularity", and may have been influenced by Kuhn's concept of a paradigm shift.

...and a quote from the book:

Future shock is a time phenomenon, a product of the greatly accelerated rate of change in society. It arises from the superimposition of a new culture on an old one. It is culture shock in one's own society. But its impact is far worse. For most Peace Corps men, in fact most travelers, have the comforting knowledge that the culture they left behind will be there to return to. The victim of future shock does not.

And this from the book directly addresses the notion of perceived time acceleration:

When a fifty-year-old father tells his fifteen-year-old son that he will have to wait two years before he can have a car of his own, that interval of 730 days represents a mere 4 percent of the father's lifetime to date. It represents over 13 percent of the boy's lifetime. It is hardly strange that to the boy the delay seems three or four times longer than to the father. Similarly, two hours in the life of a four-year-old may be the felt equivalent of twelve hours in the life of her twenty-four-year-old mother. Asking the child to wait two hours for a piece of candy may be the equivalent of asking the mother to wait fourteen hours for a cup of coffee.

There may be a biological basis as well, for such differences in subjective response to time. "With advancing age," writes psychologist John Cohen of the University of Manchester, "the calendar years seem progressively to shrink. In restrospect every year seems shorter than the year just completed, possibly as a result of the gradual slowing down of metabolic processes." In relation to the slowdown of their own biological rhythms, the world would appear to be moving faster to older people, even if it were not.

If this is indeed a psychological state induced by the increasing pace of the world around us, then I too suffer from this affliction. The above was however written in 1970, and this was a very new idea then - that technological progress could affect people so strangely, and adversely. Things were just getting strange in the 70's with revolutions in computing and communication, just look how far we've traveled down that path since then.

I did initially think that time seemed to be speeding up, but it now seems that it's just the accelerating change around us that has brought our perception of time along for the ride. To be quite honest however, I'm leaving my mind open on the issue, because as you've seen there's a lot more to this story - like the strange inactivity with our Sun at the moment, the shrinking of the Megnetosphere, and the supposed 'crossing of the Galactic Plane' approaching. These unseen forces might have some affect on how we perceive the passing of time.

I'll get to your first question about what the timewave tracks in the next post - but I think that what is discussed above weighs heavily on the timewave, and is causing it to crank tighter and tighter towards zero - just as specific events (both public and secret) and natural cycles seem to have an effect as well.

Here is the documentary on Future Shock - it was made in 1972 and was narrated by Orson Welles, and some parts are shockingly bad, but the information (for the most part) is still valid. And I apologize in advance for the ambient music and sound effects...

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Part 5

[edit on 17/3/09 by Evasius]

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Evasius

Originally posted by EvasiusThe code is counting down to something in the near future, however it’s not clear whether it's a transition point in an infinite cycle or an endpoint leading to the 'flatline' of our known existence.

rant for you waiting at this link here.

[edit on 17-3-2009 by HugmyRek]

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
another reply to post by Universal Light

I agree with you and Caitlinfae on the fact that events, both in the media and not, can affect the shifts in the timewave. As with most conspiracies, a small group of individuals can guide the course of humanity by reaching a consensus in secret. These small events would have big impacts, and could very well be present on the timewave. So if their is an 'Illuminati' running things, it's indeed plausible that this would steer our progress and consequently flick the timewave up and down along the path.

Another way to look at it is that small events now could have huge implications later. These small events may not be widely known, but may be revealed or dealt with later. This notion is similar to the "Butterfly Effect" and is excellently portrayed in the children's book by Dr. Seuss, Because a Little Bug Went Ka-choo!

And yet another thing that could be affecting the wave is the past. Events in the past, no matter how far back, could suddenly affect the present if current events allow them to do so. These events long since forgotten in the timeline might come back periodically to bite us in the rear - similar to the idea of resonances in the timewave (similar events separated by long periods of time that can be overlaid on the graph if shrunk or expanded to meet the changing timeframes).

This idea was, as far as I know, first put forward by once again - Alvin Toffler in that same book mentioned in my previous post. He called these past events that suddenly have great impact in the present Time Skips. Below is a page from the book - it's a long quote, so I just embedded it as an image:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8f351186861e.jpg[/atsimg]

***the above quote was from pgs 17-18 in "Future Shock." A link the actual book was posted previously.

So as things become more connected, as society becomes more wired, accelerated, and moving forward in unison, small events can affect all other events and perhaps all members of that society. Maybe timewave zero marks the point where time loses its meaning because the past suddenly has just as much affect on the present as current events do - as a result of advances in communication, technology, and who knows what else.

Anyway this is happening now and has been for a long time (the past catching up with us). Just look at the economy as one major example. Nothing will ever be the same after the events of late last year, and that's indicative of every major shift in the timewave (especially those of late) - our experience of the world is forever changed after each of these events.

So I agree, unseen events can directly affect the timewave, but there are more than likely many factors at work here, and not all reside in the present.

*PS* - thank you Cait for the maplandia link, that's a heck of a lot better (and more in-depth) than Wiki's event listing. I'll use that from now on.

[edit on 18/3/09 by Evasius]

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by John Matrix

I think any decision on stem cell research would possibly be present on the graph since it could directly affect our evoution towards whatever we're becoming (better humans, beyond human, technological/biological hybrids, etc).

It appears the the bill was only focusing on 'embryonic stem cell research' rather than just plain 'ole stem cell research. I think I read somewhere recently they've made amazing advances with normal stem cells taken from adults (skin, hair, bone) and were able to grow the desired parts from those.

I think regardless of their decision, the advancements will continue in the field - hence the mere blip in the graph (if that was what the blip was a result of).

Anyway, I hadn't thought of that - thank you for bringing that to my attention.

[edit on 17/3/09 by Evasius]

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by HugmyRek

Thanks for your thoughts on this, I love your take on Timewave Zero (and likewise your take on my story based on it).

To be quite honest I consider this entire thread to be a 'rant' of sorts - just us trying to squeeze some coherence out of this strange idea which seems to be more and more accurate (and relevant) as time progresses - that at least some aspects of time and how we perceive it are predetermined, or at the very least that time flows along a particular path...and that's kind of daunting. It makes me question a lot about all I've ever known (or thought I knew).

Anyway, trying to figure out what will happen at zero point may very well be a pointless endeavour given how many 'events' are scheduled in the meantime. Each and every one of those events will determine the next event and so forth. Trying to predict it now would be like someone 15,000 years ago attempting to accurately visualize 1850AD, it's presently unknowable. We can only try and determine the actual processes that will bring us to that point. I think the timewave program may contain the code these processes follow.

If there are parallel realities, then they too must have a timewave. And civilizations on other planets probably have their own embedded code as well. If one were to time travel or attempt to alter timelines (or travel to another system), you'd have to have the code, otherwise you couldn't consciously exist in or experience that realm. However fiddling with such a delicate and fundamental part of reality could be disastrous and lead to more complexity than coherence.

So what happens if this idea is verified? Where do we go from here? How do we use it to attract a desirable collective experience? And what the heck do we do about the approaching zero point? Is there another timewave waiting on the other side of zero? Does it start all over again? Will the new timewave just be a mirror of the current timewave? Or is it then up to us to create an entirely new experience?

[edit on 18/3/09 by Evasius]

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Evasius

(thank you for managing to read through my drunken ramble
and not faulting me the worse for it)

Here is the non holiday version:

I'm not certain who's idea I'm recalling-or what sentence indicating the comparison, my eyes crossed-or where;

But,

Maybe the timeline will be as like a person who experiences cardiac arrest: Heart stopping, if you will; but not towards a death of the brain.

Once the heart is restarted, the body will continue on as before.

It seems more idea connecting to compare the timeline to the brain, in the form of waves or neurotransmitters firing and connecting to one another; but, in Time Wave Zero, the waves stop.

I don't believe the time line will stop; I believe it will take a vacation from us. I wonder what history will say during this period-or even if anyone will even notice that anything unusual has ocurred.

When people coma, their body remains, and their brains take a vacation, in other words.

They don't cease to exist, and often return. While they are out, they are percieved as not being present.

[edit on 18-3-2009 by HugmyRek]

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by HugmyRek

Lol, 'typing something' is about 80th on my list of things to do while I'm drunk - in fact I rarely get around to numbers 1 & 2.

Anyway, regarding your take on it, if the timewave is looked upon as though it's a heartbeat, then that beat would be speeding up until it reaches an infinite frequency of beats. If there's anything that would cause cardiac arrest, I'd say that's it. The question is, what exactly restarts the heart once it reaches infinity (or stops)?

I agree, at the pinnacle while this is happening we might not be aware of the chaos, but upon closer post-inspection it will be quite clear that zero point was a major transition for humanity.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Oh hey, I just stumbled acrossed this atsgpod (government secrets). Majestic 12 disclosure on the future, timelines, time travelling, and the like.

[www.abovetopsecret.com...]Majestic 12's take on Time Travel and 2012[/url] -fixed

[edit on 19-3-2009 by HugmyRek]

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 04:11 AM
link   
I previously put forth the idea that the perception of time acceleration was for the most part just that - a perception. As the world around us get more complex, so then do our very lives - more events get crammed in to shorter and shorter times giving the 'feeling' that time is becoming compressed, that the distance from point A to point B on our timelines is getting closer by the minute.

I, funnily enough, found a quote from McKenna where he proposes the change is real, physical, and literal - not only do we perceive it to be quickening, the space around us is actually changing to allow time to speed up. The quote is from his 1994 lecture entitled "Eros and the Eschaton."

This acceleration of time or complexity shows no sign of slowing down. In fact, within the fabric of our own lives we can almost daily...hourly...by the minute feel it speeding up, taking hold. It’s a cliché that time is moving faster and faster; a cliché of the mass media. But I want to suggest that this is not a perceptual illusion or a cultural mirage, that this is actually happening to the space-time matrix that time is in fact speeding up that history in which we are embedded because our life of fifty to eighty years is so infemeral on a scale of ten to fifteen thousand years, but nevertheless history is a state of incredible destabilization. It’s a chaostrophy. In the process of happening it begins with animals kept in balance by natural selection, and it ends with a global internet of electronic information transfer and a language using species hurling its instruments towards the stars. There is no reason for us to suppose that this process of acceleration is ever going to slow down or be deflected. It has been a law of nature from the very beginning of nature, that this acceleration was built-in. What poses a problem to us, as thinking individuals, is that the speed of involution toward concrescence is now so great that we can feel the tug of it within the confines of our own lives. There has been more change since 1960 than in the previous several thousand years. There has been more change since 1992 than in the previous thousand years. Change is accelerating - invention, connection, adumbration of ideas, mathematical algorithms, connectivity of people social systems, this is all accelerating furiously, and under the control of no one, not the Catholic church, the communist party, the IMF - no one is in charge of this process. This is what makes history so interesting, it’s a run-away freight train on a dark and stormy night.

If in fact McKenna is right, and time is literally speeding up (along with complexity), then it is possible that both views are correct (time is acceleration or we just think it is). Perhaps time only exists as a result of conscious perception. That would link time intimately with our thoughts. So if our perception accelerates, and if we become aware of more change, then that aspect of our consciousness would allow time to physically speed up. We wouldn't be able to measure the acceleration because we're on this train, but entities outside of our realm would see us moving, behaving, thinking faster that ever before.

Since the above McKenna quote is from a recording, I put together a short video to better illustrate his idea - that time really is speeding up. Time for us is very different to the people of the past - if someone were to travel here from the past, it would be like stepping from a stand-still into a rushing river. Here's the video:

[edit on 21/3/09 by Evasius]

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
In a previous post I likened the zero point to the birth of something new. The peaks and troughs in the timewave represent stronger and quicker contractions approaching birth. Each 'epoch' of shift groups are like the stages of labour (last paragraph of the post below):

I've been listening to quite a few McKenna interviews and audio clips, and one in particular caught my attention where he makes the exact same comparison. The clip is from April 14, 1985 during a peer review of his book, The Invisible Landscape.

I totally believe that everything is alright, and that what we're going through are birth pangs. And naturally when a pregnancy comes to term the baby must be expelled or there is danger of toxemia, and birth is an end to the stable reinforcing environment of the womb. We are being expelled from the planet. It's very clear that human culture is too toxic of a process to be carried out on the surface of any planet. To be who we are, we must leave the planet because to be who we are wrecks planets...Do your mother a favour and be born, You know, yes, the Earth is the cradle of humanity, but are we to remain in the cradle forever?

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Is it just me or are the days getting shorter and shorter and days are going by faster and faster. I feel like I'm losing time and I don't know where it's going! Probably just me tho.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by caitlinfae

It is also possible that simply being for-warned of a future event will put things in motion that will cause it to happen in the first place. That's one of those paradoxical things that drive people nuts.

Or perhaps you aren't even being forwarned but you believe that something will happen and because of that, things are set in motion that eventually make it happen.

Here's another interesting paradox that really makes you wonder...

Let's say you have a wormhole entrance and a wormhole exit right next to each other in front of a pool table. The trick here is that anything passing through this particular wormhole will travel backward in time very slightly.
You decide to hit a pool cue into the entrance of the wormhole just out of curiosity to see what would happen. Your pool stick hits the cue and the ball enters the wormhole. The wormhole will cause the ball to go back in time slightly, but the ball still must exit. The ball travels through the exit of the wormhole and re-enters the scene in front of the pool table. Only something is wierd. Since it traveled back in time, the ball emerges before you even hit it into the wormhole to begin with.
Or even stranger yet.. the ball exits the wormhole through the exit.. Then hits itself as it is getting ready to go through the wormhole entrance. But something is horribly wrong here.. If that happens, the ball couldn't have ever entered in the first place, thus, the version of the ball that timetraveled and exited the wormhole might just disappear completely. Or would the first one disappear at the moment you hit it (or decide to do so?).

If this really happened, It might just be that some invisible force would always prevent you from hitting the ball into the wormhole if any future trajectory would prevent it from entering. But would one ball disappear after the 2 collide? Would they both disappear? Would the first ball even be affected at all?

The really important thing about this paradox isn't necessarily the action of hitting the ball into the wormhole and what transpires from that point. The important thing here is that making that decision puts things in motion that changes future events. So if this were to actually happy in real life, the moment you decide you are going to hit the ball into the entrance you will have the same ball exit before you even do anything. This is absolutely beyond bizarre for alot of different reasons. But with relation to your post this makes you wonder about the timeline.

Is it possible that simply making a decision in your brain can alter the future before any of those events even transpire?
It's quite possible. And simply being aware of the timeline's existence might also put things in motion that wouldn't otherwise. If people are thinking of event X occurring on a specific date.. We never know. It might happen, it might not.

Let's say that someone sees this future event going to transpire but they wonder what they can do to prevent it. This person obsesses about said event long enough that their entire life revolves around event X. But what this person might not know is that the simple foreknowledge of event X has forever changed the timeline because it has changed that person's life, changed their habits, their thoughts, their decisions, and their actions. This person decides to tell everyone about event X and he forms a club. Those people obsess about event X, they talk about in discussion forums, they might even write a book about it.

But let's say that one person believes that event X is going to be a specific type of terrorist attack. He then writes this book about it. People read the book but some people get ideas from it also on how to undertake a covert terrorist attack on American soil. They then use the book to actually make that event transpire. Thus, the person that foresaw event X transpiring actually fulfilled a self-fulfilling prophecy by that tiny bit of information forever altering the timeline and the lives of millions of people. This is really how everything is interwoven with relation to time. It isn't just about future events transpiring but also how the knowledge of those events can also translate to changing future events. We might use that knowledge to prevent event X. But by that occurring it might set off event Y or event Z.. We have no way of knowing what might happen because the future timeline is always changing in the present. This is really how powerful free will and the human brain is though. Such a tiny thing can change so much.

In this fashion, the timeline curiously seems to be specifically designed for "us". When I say us I mean all living beings in the universe. There is alot about the universe that seems to almost have been purposefully designed. Everything has perfectly transpired for our universe to eventually form and then create our sun, our solar system, our planet, us, and even this discussion. I believe there is a scientific theory for this also but I can't remember what it's called (I originally read about in in Sky and Telescope magazine in fall 1997). Our universe could have easily expanded forever or collapsed back onto itself if the outburst of energy had not been perfect enough for our universe to form, create elementary particles, stars, and galaxies. But it didn't. Everything has perfectly transpired for us to be here right now and it is extremely odd when you think about it.

-Chris

[edit on 25-3-2009 by BlasteR]

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
could the small spike in April have anything to do with the computer virus due out on April Fool's Day??

...just a thought...

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by BlasteR

There is an Art piece called,"World Tree" painted by Alex Grey back in the '80's.If you check it out you will see the Twin Towers and Two planes headed towards from two directions,very eerie.Sort of what I understand to be your meaning is which came first?Or is it resonance?

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by trueforger
reply to post by BlasteR

There is an Art piece called,"World Tree" painted by Alex Grey back in the '80's.If you check it out you will see the Twin Towers and Two planes headed towards from two directions,very eerie.Sort of what I understand to be your meaning is which came first?Or is it resonance?

farm2.static.flickr.com...

On the other side of the tree are symbols of destruction and raping of Mother Earth and in clear detail, the Twin Towers and two airplanes flying by. Also, one can not miss the George Bush looking figure hiding behind a “terrorist” looking man standing alongside a “prickly” penis (or”dick” as he emphasized in the tour, possibly referring to Dick Cheney)

www.jocsonhealth.com...

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by trueforger
reply to post by BlasteR

First of all, I love the artpiece. It made my day.
I have listened to the band "tool" since 1995 and they eventually started putting alot of Alex Grey's artwork in their album booklets. Really neat stuff too!

From what I read in DavoDavo's post that "World Tree" image is just a part of the larger artpiece entitled "Gaia". I know that because I just saw a link to it in Davo's second link. But that image is freakin' awesome.

To answer your question,
It's really tricky.. But I think you have the right idea.
We DO know in theory that changing anything in the past (even the tiniest detail or one atom out of place) will forever alter the coarse of history relative to the time transpired since that detail changed. It doesn't matter how large that detail is, or whether or not it even involves any living being. The point is that even one tiny atom being out of place can eventually set things in motion (cause and effect) that then affect other things and other things.

So, at least in theory, the extent to which an event (or a lack thereof) alters the timeline is directly related to the time transpired since that event. 10 years since the atom was moved, maybe not so much would have been altered compared to if that atom was not moved. But a few million or billion years after that event took place, we are talking about massive changes to the point which cause and effect relationships stack over one another until the history/future that might have been is completely different when compared to the history/future of what is.

All these cause and effect relationships stack onto one another over time and if you think about it, The differences between two different timelines (in 2D if you were to stack them) would form a network of filaments (like tree roots or veins) comparable to some of the fractal videos posted earlier. It would start out small and expand, affect other filaments, and more and more.. Pretty soon it has created an entire alternate future completely unrecognizable to what might have otherwise transpired. This is amazing to contemplate too and it just goes to show how complex and beautiful it all really is.

It's important to remember that Human beings are much more prone to changing the timeline than, say, a planet without intelligent animals. We know that's true because it makes complete sense.

Another really interesting thing to ponder (if you've read my post about the E8 theory of the universe) is the relationship a god would have with the timeline (If you believe there is a god). We know that we are almost gods ourselves in a way because of how drastically one human being can alter the course of history. But would an omnipotent god be able to change things in the timeline at will ("on the fly")? For all we know everything is already pre-ordained (fate) and maybe the timeline basically gave birth to the first human beings on this planet so that our absence wouldn't change other events on the large-scale timeline of the entire universe. When you consider the instantly appearing pool cue in my last post, its possible that we, ourselves, simply popped into existence in this same manner. There's all kinds of possibilities here.

One way to look at it is like this.. If there is a God and God knew that we would eventually destroy so much that we would forever alter its plans (I know, I call god an it and it sounds wierd) then we wouldn't be here right now. What that means is this.. Either we are inevitably going to destroy ourselves so it doesn't matter.. Or we are going to expand our influence out into the universe someday and do "good" things as highly evolved intelligent beings (meaning we don't destroy so much that the timeline is eventually unrecognizable to what God had in mind). I like to think of it as encouraging, but you can't really ever put it past human nature to push the button and end all life as we know it. We live in a pretty sick world.

The effect of human thoughts on the timeline (which I talked about in my last post) only make a big difference because of how we interact with ourselves, others, and the world around us. When you consider that large-scale changes happen in nature on geologic timescales (millions/billions of years), and that we can do the same "in the blink of an eye" with relation to those huge timescales, we see how drastically we as human beings can directly affect the entire course of history (not just of our planet but the entire universe).

Here is a really interesting thought experiment/paradox called "Quantum Suicide"

­­A man sits down before a gun, which is pointed at his head. This is no ordinary gun; i­t's rigged to a machine that measures the spin of a quantum particle. Each time the trigger is pulled, the spin of the quantum particle -- or quark -- is measured. Depending on the measurement, the gun will either fire, or it won't. If the quantum particle is measured as spinning in a clockwise motion, the gun will fire. If the quark is spinning counterclockwise, the gun won't go off. There'll only be a click.

Nervously, the man takes a breath and pulls the trigger. The gun clicks. He pulls the trigger again. Click. And again: click. The man will continue to pull the trigger again and again with the same result: The gun won't fire. Although it's functioning properly and loaded with bullets, no matter how many times he pulls the trigger, the gun will never fire. He'll continue this process for eternity, becoming immortal.

Go back in time to the beginning of the experiment. The man pulls the trigger for the very first time, and the quark is now measured as spinning clockwise. The gun fires. The man is dead.

But, wait. The man already pulled the trigger the first time -- and an infinite amount of times following that -- and we already know the gun didn't fire. How can the man be dead? The man is unaware, but he's both alive and dead. Each time he pulls the trigger, the universe is split in two. It will continue to split, again and again, each time the trigger is pulled, and becoming quantum immortal.

This is also interesting with relation to the concept of Quantum entanglement.

And this brings up a whole other can of worms..
The EPR Paradox

one cannot introduce the notion of "elements of reality" without affecting the predictions of the theory. That is, one cannot complete quantum mechanics with these "elements", because this automatically leads to some logical contradictions (of the type 1=-1).

Einstein never accepted quantum mechanics as a "real" and complete theory, struggling to the end of his life for an interpretation that could comply with relativity without complying with the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle. As he once said: "God does not play dice", skeptically referring to the Copenhagen Interpretation of quantum mechanics which says there exists no objective physical reality other than that which is revealed through measurement and observation.

The EPR paradox is a paradox in the following sense: if one adds to quantum mechanics some seemingly reasonable (but actually wrong, or questionable as a whole) conditions (referred to as locality, realism (not to be confused with philosophical realism), counterfactual definiteness, and completeness; see Bell inequality and Bell test experiments), then one obtains a contradiction. However, quantum mechanics by itself does not appear to be internally inconsistent, nor — as it turns out — does it contradict relativity. As a result of further theoretical and experimental developments since the original EPR paper, most physicists today regard the EPR paradox as an illustration of how quantum mechanics violates classical intuitions.

This is pretty far down the rabbit hole..
The simple fact that we are observing the physical world means that things are taking place that wouldn't ordinarily do so. That is absolutely bizarre... Maybe its just the timeline righting itself? Who knows. We do know that no matter what you do you cannot completely remove the element of time. Therefore the very fabric of space-time is always "updating" itself in the present alot like a RAM stick might in your computer (with data constantly being overwritten, processed, and dumped into the past).

-ChriS

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evasius
Time for us is very different to the people of the past - if someone were to travel here from the past, it would be like stepping from a stand-still into a rushing river.

Maybe it's the vodka, but this seems so brilliantly true. As I am reading, I've been remembering being a child, living in a small town, spending much time in the country, wandering through pastures with cows and the lazy-slow feel of those days. Time did not feel as it does now, and if I'd been thrown from them into my life today, I can imagine the disorientation, the sense of everything rushing by...

So the question is, is time immutable or flexible? As acceleration seems a part of nature... of gravity, let's say, it seems natural to say that time also could accelerate (note I'm not saying "does" but "could"). I'm a little tipsy and doing my best to make sense here.

Everything is relative, right.

So it makes sense to say that someone in a fast pace information filled culture, such as ours, will experience time much differently than someone living in the African bush, for e.g. Theirs must seem an orderly pace, much as what I experienced as a child. Now time literally does fly.

Which brings to mind the way people always told me that time seems to go by faster as we get older. Why is this? Is it because we're told it will? Is it all perception?

I believe time to be perception anyways, so this is entirely plausible.

And if I'm rambling, please forgive me!

EDIT: and God I can't wait to get past the beginning Chemistry courses and get into quantum chemistry

[edit on 28-3-2009 by virgthevoice]

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
So if the phenomenon of time SEEMING to speed up as we grow older is added to the fact that we are as a whole growing to longer lifespans you may have potential for a self regulating flow.If the human consciousness is capable of influencing the external world and if this factor is additive in that we all could produce more of this 'Chi"all together,then we are potentially in a spiral of longer and longer lifespans,seeming to go faster and faster,unto infinity.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join