It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Retrocausality

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by SalvationJane

Wow, that is amazing...
Thanks for sharing it here.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   

That is a most unusual experience.
Thank you so much for posting it.

Have you ever experienced any other time/space anomalies?

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Glad you all enjoyed reading about my experience!

As for other space/time anomalies, there have been a couple, but none as striking as the one I described earlier. I'll give you a rundown of ones I can remember (thought I don't think any of them have to do with retrocausality):

1) On a car trip from Louisville, KY to Bowling Green, KY, the driver of the car I was in and I experienced the reverse of missing time. Instead of it taking more time to get there, it took about an hour less than it used to. We weren't speeding (we were actually taking it easy and stopped for food), we had made the trip countless times, and we were used to taking the time zone changes into account. My incredibly skeptical travel companion (the driver) was the first to notice and point out the discrepancy. I thought he had to be wrong, until we reviewed the trip and our departure time in my head. Doubly puzzling, because we stopped to eat and we both noticed the fast arrival.

2) Okay, this is getting flaky, but you asked.
One time while I was living in the same apartment as the first one in my earlier story, I was up late surfing the web and smoking (cigarettes, oh how I miss you!) Anyway, it got late, and I finished reading what I was looking at online. I put out my last cigarette in the ash tray and noticed how full it was, so I walked into the kitchen to empty it in the trash. The next thing I knew, I was standing by my computer desk, staring at a full ash try. It was like time had be rewound back to that point. I picked up the ash tray, and this time my hand slipped further underneath it...where I felt a warm spot which indicated that one of the cigarettes were still burning. Feeling kind of dazed, I made sure the embers were out, and put the full ash tray down. I even went back into the kitchen to check the trash to make sure that I hadn't had two full ash trays on the computer desk, but there wasn't any ashes in the garbage. I chalk it up to getting to redo something that could have set the entire apartment building on fire.

I've had weird things happen in my life -- but most of them have zero proof I can show to anyone, curse the luck.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
If you're interested, I started a thread on retrocausality awhile back: Researchers On Verge Of Confirming Retrocausality?

One of our resident physicists, Neon Haze, was kind enough to drop by and offer some his knowledge on the subject. Not exactly an easy concept to wrap one's head around... to say the least. I don't have the time to read your link or the thread comments at the moment, but I will later and try to contribute something. Lots of philosophical (e.g., anthropic principle(s)) and scientific (e.g., Orchestrated Objective Reduction theory of consciousness) implications wrt retrocausality.

Cool topic

-Rob

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
About that question: How do you do it?

I don't know how to do it. But here are some thoughts on the subject.

Maybe we can thrash out a crude "How to" by considering the subject.

How do you learn to make causal changes in the forward direction?
You put blocks together when you are a tiny person, you see them fall down, etc. You experience, and become aware of the relationships.

So the first step would to become increasingly aware of the existence of this concept of retrocausality. Try to observe it.

Unfortunately the descriptions of events in the article read like a masters class when we need a babys first steps type of class.

I would like to know about the most simple and mundane everyday examples of this. Perhaps someone has some we could all experience as a first baby step.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Rren

Oh, I am so sorry I missed it!
(I am - or was - pretty sure I performed a search before posting.)

Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

It looks very promising.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Cyberbian

Man, you must have been reading my mind (or I yours)!

Yesterday I started compiling a small list of essentials, but didn't take the time to write it down. And now I am caught - squeezed silly - between deadlines.
(Suffice it to say that I now know why they are called DEAD-lines...
)

So the first step would to become increasingly aware of the existence of this concept of retrocausality. Try to observe it.

Absolutely.
That's the doorstep; you cannot circumvent it.
(Or if you can, the results - being haphazard, and all too often based on fear - might end tailoring you, instead of the opposite.)

Let's call this "homework" for the day - and reconvene later.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Very interesting topic. After reading this thread and the linked article, I can think of several mundane things that fit this theory in my life. As a teenager, I was very into writing song lyrics. Several times I would write what I thought was an original song only to hear some of the same verses on the radio later. As an adult, my children and I joke about having cameras hidden in our house. We will make up something absolutely ridiculous to say as an inside joke and several months later hear that exact thing being said on popular TV shows. While this may or may not be due to retrocausality, it does make me stop to think!

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Cameoii

Very interesting, Cameoii.

Personally, I think what happened was that you - or the show authors - (or both of you) tapped into what Sheldrake calls the "morphic field", a concept somewhat akin to Jung's "collective unconscious".

Be it as it may, I find it very interesting.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Rren

I found some of the notes on the "baby steps" required for retrocausality I wrote a few years ago, for another person. They are written in a different language; and I don't believe in translating such things.
So I'll have to "rethink" them in English and write them anew.
It may take a while.
Or it may take half an hour.

Meanwhile, I would like to invite anyone interested in this topic to visit the thread that Rren posted yesterday (see Rren's post above).

It's really worth a visit - and a lot of stars!

[edit on 23-9-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Thanks for these accounts, Jane.

I am not sure whether you're familiar with it, but there is a thread called "Time slips, anyone?" that might be of great interest to you.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

Thanks for the information, Vanitas. I've been methodically going through the board looking for information on time anomalies and other weirdness. I'm off to go check that thread out.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 07:55 AM
link   
This would explain why 'the will to win' at poker is so useful - those people who are good, and going to win, also have the 'belief' that they'll win.

so hopefully this will help me to win in the future - I just have to start thinking now about seeing my self win, time after time, again and again.

a simple example is when you're playing cards, and you just seem to 'know' that the guy sat to you left has a pair of Jacks. Now of course this could be intuition, seeing little things that the brain interprets as 'I've got jacks' or it could be the future you, seeing him fold his Jacks, letting you know beforehand that that's what he's got.
I'm going to use this on Thursday night, think really long and hard about winning the tourney, and carefully about each hand, and see where it takes me.

for instance the film Maverick, with the Ace of Spades at the end.

I read a book a few years ago about how to change ones life. Basically you create a list of positive things, and then recite them to yourself at nightime before going to bed, and just after you wake up. You have to also imagine them in lots of different ways - to help remember them, like using bright colours, and large letters, etc. things like 'I'm a good friend' or 'I have a beautiful wife' or 'I'm kind to my kids', and the thoughts get reinforced (like the listening to tapes while you sleep thing), and your personality changes accordingly.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   
this would explain intuition. i have had several experiences where i felt compelled to go and do something seemingly insignificant (BELIEF) only to find out that it would lead me to something greater.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
the "How to?" answer is simple if you are willing to change your perspective slightly.

each of us are the bearers of our particular "genetic entity". which is to say that, although each of us presently function only as our "current self", in fact we each contain all of the successes, failures, fears and hopes of all our forbears.

but to go just one step further: you have had the experience of "current self" at many different places across the linear timeline. outside of linear time, each of these lifetimes occur simultaneously.

humanity is a single unit which has been fractured. the ultimate end of this "retrocausality" is the re-unification of our selfs.

from this perspective, you are writing history by the actions of your "current self". there are also periods of time, outside of linear time, which can be called pre-history and post-history. both pre and post history can be easily and intuitively accessed by using your mind to "see between the moments". (this is what is referred to in yoga as the pause between inhale and exhale breath).

the simplest example that can be shown is by use of "intention". try this: during meditation (or when the mind is calm), firmly resolve to change some specific aspect of your life by means of action (for example: to stop smoking). i will personally guarantee that the benefits and detriments of your resolution will manifest themselves in your life prior to your performing the action (if you resolve to quit smoking, you will immediately experience higher energy levels and easier breathing).

in this way, the effects of retrocausality can be observed in even the smallest of actions.

cheers...

[edit on 11-12-2008 by tgidkp]

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

Here's how I see it. Causality and retrocausality are the same thing, and depend only on the perception of time--both are perspectives and rooted in the perception of time. Both causality and retrocausality are fragments of the real state of things, which is synchronicity.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 05:21 AM
link   
I read about experiments with retrocausality involving photons, I think. So it's a legitimate scientific subject.
But, at the risk of sounding dumb... I still don't understand how you can *test* something like that? I read the articles, but I just don't get how can you determine that a signal has arrived before you have sent it because of retrocausality and not because of something else. There could be other factors unknown so far. And what about those experiments where they decided *not* to send the signal: "nothing" arrived before it was not-sent?

OK, I am not really as stupid as I probably sound, but I really don't understand and would appreciate any input.

Anyone?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join