It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Problem with the Mail.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   
So, anyway... I had been waiting for a package I ordered, to come in. The tracking number said that the item made it into my local post office the day before. Usually I get it the DAY it comes to my local post office.

Something COMPLETELY irresponsible on the Post Office's part happened. They had been leading me around in circles about my package on the phone, saying they will call me back, yet don't, and saying anything except the honest truth that they lost my package.

So, I make one more attempt to call and see if my mail carrier has returned with it yet before they close, so I can come and get it. The guy on the phone sounded EXTREMELY pissed off at me for inquiring. Of course, ending the call with "We will CALL you BACK!!" And hanging up.

Finally, almost midnight, my mother returns from the hospital and tells me that she got a package of mine in her mailbox !!!!

I have no idea what to make of this. Our first names are kinda similar(Cassandra, Cynthia), and we have the same last name, and live on the same road, in the same town. Yet this package clearly had MY name and address on it.

Is this a common mistake, to deliver mail to people with similar names in similar areas, yet the wrong person? Is this a MAJOR problem of negligence that happens often?

What if there were people in the same area, with the same last name, who didn't know one another? Would this happen often that they all get one anothers' mail or what? This has been bothering me pretty badly, and I just can't imagine I am the only one who has had this happen to. But do many never even find out?

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I've had the same kinds of problems, once finding that they were holding a package for me but never left a notice and once having them lose a certified letter and tell me "I can fill out a complaint form but they won't do anything to find the letter". I filled out the complaint form and they were right, they didn't do anything to find the letter. But I think you want the BTS "Rant Forum" for this.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Eh, it seemed important to me, though mods could put this wherever they want really. I promise if it ends up in BTS, I will never see it again. lol

Shame you've had things lost also. I never understood if missing mail was a matter of theft, or a mailman simply dropping random items in a ditch or what. A quick search on Google reveals many, many items are never found. And most people are often denied when they paid for insurance, and are rejected on receiving it for their lost item. I am surprised that this is allowed to go on, and nobody can be held accountable.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
This happens. I get my neighbors mail sometimes, that ussally happens if our normal carrier isn't on. We have a awesome carrier tho who we like a lot.

I think if the carrier is new or not used to your route, or tired it might happen. Mail carriers walk a lot, in rain, snow, etc. They were probably trying to locate your package, and when something goes wrong a lot of times it comes down on the carrier or the person in the office.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I've had that same problem with them before. Post offices can be EXTREMELY unreliable.
But as with all things, you have to think about how much work they must have each day, and how many packages they deliver succesfully.
But it's still no excuse for being rude to a customer on the phone!

top topics

join