It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God's After-Thought

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   
According to Genesis Adam was created as a gardener, he was created to dress and tend the Garden of Eden. Genesis chapter 2 verses 15: And the lord God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it.

He created man – Adam as his gardener, his slave to just tend the garden for him. Now he decided then that Adam needed a companion, I mean you can’t be a gardener all by yourself, there’s no one to talk to but the trees….

So he decided that he would create all the animals and he gave them to Adam to name. Now he’s got one slave and now a garden and a large zoo. And apparently then and only because Adam couldn’t find an animal he was happy enough to have as a companion, only then did god decide to create women.

Women according to the bible, you are an after-thought from god….
The only reason god created you was because dogs really aren’t man’s best friend – if dogs were man’s best friend god wouldn’t have bothered to create women.

So if god knew that Adam was lonely and needed to find a companion, why didn’t he just create women to begin with? He knew Adam would be lonely and he is all knowing – so why did god only create women when the animals wouldn’t please Adam?

Why did god try to make man choose an animal companion before he decided to create a woman?

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Holy straw man arguments Batman....

One point to note, Adam was never a "slave", unless of course you mean God only gave him 1 rule: Do not eat from the tree of the knowledge of Good and Evil. other than that 1 command he could do anything he pleased.

1 rule for your life is hardly a "slave".

Secondly, it was God's plan all along to create Eve...

that whole omniscient thing.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Secondly, it was God's plan all along to create Eve

Obviously it wasn't, as I’ve explained Eve was only created because Adam wasn't satisfied with the animals - explain the plan....

[edit on 13-9-2008 by andre18]

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by andre18

So if god knew that Adam was lonely and needed to find a companion, why didn’t he just create women to begin with? He knew Adam would be lonely and he is all knowing – so why did god only create women when the animals wouldn’t please Adam?

worse still if god knows everything and see's everything he knew that woman would eat the apple and give it to man and ruin everything

and as sex wasnt around yet and no one procreated God should have actually made Adam and Steve NOT Adam and Eve

he gets 2 gardeners, they will keep each other company (theres no sex yet so no worries of evil gayness)

and lets face it a snake starts talking to a man he isnt going to listen to it, he is going to be too busy shouting his mate to come and have at look at how cool it is, then he would probabily poke it with a stick until it went away or he killed it

[edit on 13/9/08 by noobfun]

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by noobfun

You think that God really didnt think about Adam wanting someone else with him? Do you think that God wouldnt have thought about Eve listening to the snake?
He isnt some dumbass who just woke up. I think it was all in his plan for that to happen. And plus man and woman are the perfect couple, why on earth would he make people who arnt going to get along lol.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 07:12 AM
link   
That's because the Bible was written by MEN =>

check out this thread
Women need to shut up and sit down

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by pretty_vacant
That's because the Bible was written by MEN =>

check out this thread
Women need to shut up and sit down

god was obviously a man just look at his favorite meal

cain made a sacrifice to god of the vegetables he had grown, and he wasnt really happy about a nice green salad

able set out a bbq killed a few animals roasted them and god was pleased (the sissy vegetarian killed able for this, moral always have salad at a bbq just incase)

then we get the whole list various sacrifices to god

pretty much every animal available flame grilled with extra salt and a bit of bread but not a hint of salad

first act of noah, walk of the ark and start bbq'ing the animals he had just saved presumably wiping out the species as he only had 1 male 1 female of each species he sacrificed

god was a real man who his liked his men standing around burning meat and drinking beer

so you vegetarians are just ungodly

praise god eat
and a

[edit on 13/9/08 by noobfun]

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by andre18

Secondly, it was God's plan all along to create Eve

Obviously it wasn't, as I’ve explained Eve was only created because Adam wasn't satisfied with the animals - explain the plan....

Excuse me, the ONLY thing you 'explained' was YOUR version of the Bible. Precisely why I said "Holy Straw man arguments batman."

You DID NOT tell us what the Bible actually said, but what you wished it said.

1:25 And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

1:28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

What do we ACTUALLY see from the Bible??

God created Adam and Eve the same day, the 6th day. She was created for Adam, the same day he was created.

You can't create your personal fantasy version of the Bible, then shoot down your version and believe you actually shot down the true version at the same time.

That's a "Straw Man Argument", a fallacy of logic.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by funky monk
reply to post by noobfun

You think that God really didnt think about Adam wanting someone else with him? Do you think that God wouldnt have thought about Eve listening to the snake?
He isnt some dumbass who just woke up. I think it was all in his plan for that to happen. And plus man and woman are the perfect couple, why on earth would he make people who arnt going to get along lol.

Of COURSE it was God's plan from the start, how else could man populate the Earth?

Now I'll admit, the prospect of Adam and Steve sounds appealing, woman can be a drag on the psyche at times, but to date there isn't a single example of an Adam impregnating a Steve.

Of course it was the plan, no other way man could "be fruitful and multiply..".

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Of COURSE it was God's plan from the start, how else could man populate the Earth?

lol thats what I was getting at, God has a reason for everything he does weather we think of it or not.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   

One point to note, Adam was never a "slave", unless of course you mean God only gave him 1 rule: Do not eat from the tree of the knowledge of Good and Evil. other than that 1 command he could do anything he pleased.

So why is Eve the originator or original sin if it was gods plan to create her to eat the fruit and make Adam eat it as well?

1:25 And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

1:28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

God created Adam and Eve the same day, the 6th day. She was created for Adam, the same day he was created.

You can't create your personal fantasy version of the Bible, then shoot down your version and believe you actually shot down the true version at the same time.

OK - That would be the same as you wishing the bible said something as WHAT DO WE ACTUALLY SEE FROM THE BIBLE :- Genesis 1 makes no mention of Adam or Eve only the creation of man and woman. Only in Genesis 2 did god make Adam and Eve. There is no evidence that the creation of man and woman in Gen1 was the same creation of Adam and Eve as even the creation stories are different.

Fallacy of logic indeed!!!

G

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   

So why is Eve the originator or original sin if it was gods plan to create her to eat the fruit and make Adam eat it as well?

OK - That would be the same as you wishing the bible said something as WHAT DO WE ACTUALLY SEE FROM THE BIBLE :- Genesis 1 makes no mention of Adam or Eve only the creation of man and woman. Only in Genesis 2 did god make Adam and Eve. There is no evidence that the creation of man and woman in Gen1 was the same creation of Adam and Eve as even the creation stories are different.

Fallacy of logic indeed!!!

G

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by shihulud

Hu? that post makes almost no sense and re-inforces his point.

As you can see from this vs in Gen 1 it wasnt like God made man and then woman as an afterthought as claimed by the op.

Ok..... this makes no sense to me at all, can you try explain a little better? Im curious to know what you mean lol. Again for the second part of your post, how on earth does any of what you said relate for what NOTurTypical has said? All he has done is gone and pointed out what the bible says in relation to what the op has said.
The relation between gen 1 and 2 there is no "Fallacy of logic" - has it occoured to you that maybe the account of adam and eve in gen 2 is all about their creation in gen 1? There is nothing saying in gen 2 about the creation of eve happening after God made everything. Infact it is a more detailed account of what happend in gen 1:27.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Excuse me, the ONLY thing you 'explained' was YOUR version of the Bible. Precisely why I said "Holy Straw man arguments batman."

Well ok you’re excused… The bible is open to interpretation, deal with it.

Well as you can plainly see, the bible backs me up completely…..

And the LORD God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it.
…….. And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him. And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof. And Adam gave names to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field; but for Adam there was not found an help meet for him. And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof; And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man

Why does the day she was born matter in the slightest? The verse I show above clearly reveals how god only created Eve when the animals wouldn’t please him. This isn’t even my own interpretation this is what the bible actually says

We see that women according to the bible are an after-thought from god….

[edit on 14-9-2008 by andre18]

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by andre18

Well ok you’re excused… The bible is open to interpretation, deal with it.

Well of course it's open for it's own interpretation. And yes you are entitled to your own opinion, however, no one is entitled to their own personal facts.

And the fact of the matter is God created Eve later the same day that He created Adam. And the Bible clearly shows this in Chapter 1. You claim the Bible says "X" and the Bible actually says "Y", then you proceed to falsely prove "Z" to be true by holding to the idea that the Bible actually says "X".

Straw man argument.

Well as you can plainly see, the bible backs me up completely…..

And the LORD God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it.
…….. And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.

Let's test your theory:

Looking at Strongs Hebrew Bible Concordance we learn that the Hebrew to English for "meet" is, "TWOT", which means:

AV - help 19, help meet 2; 21

1) help, succour
1a) help, succour
1b) one who helps

So the verse says no animal was found that could HELP Adam, not 'procreate with Adam. Sorry Andre, epic failure for you to interject your hopes and fantasies about the actual Biblical text. Kinda why I said:

"You DID NOT tell us what the Bible actually said, but what you wished it said."

Have you ever told anyone of your beastial fantasies? They can't be healthy.

Why does the day she was born matter in the slightest? The verse I show above clearly reveals how god only created Eve when the animals wouldn’t please him. This isn’t even my own interpretation this is what the bible actually says

The only thing 'clearly revealed' is for your deep-rooted desires for it to be about beastiality. Sorry kiddo, no such luck in Genesis. It IS YOUR OWN interpretation, you are just as capable as I to look at the Hebrew definition. Your fantasies ran wild and you fell on your face.

We see that women according to the bible are an after-thought from god….

Actually, as of now, we 'see' that reading comprehension and logical fallacies 101 shouldn't have been YOUR after-thought.

Have a good day, and seek some counseling for your bestiality desires/fantasies. They have reached the point where you see them where they aren't even present. I.E. Genesis.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Now I'll admit, the prospect of Adam and Steve sounds appealing, woman can be a drag on the psyche at times, but to date there isn't a single example of an Adam impregnating a Steve.

Of course it was the plan, no other way man could "be fruitful and multiply..".

I don't mean to hijack the thread, but what do you mean by "how else could man populate the Earth?"

Could God(who is omnipotent, after all) not figure out another way to make humans procreate(namely asexual reproduction, or really any way He so chooses)?

By saying that there was "no other way" for man to procreate, isn't that limiting God to humanity's imagination?

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Core90

Well God can do anything he likes. I think that God had already made Adam with the idea of making Eve. Or more correctly he designed man and woman for each other.
But yea, you are pretty much right in saying that to say "no other way" would be pretty limiting to God imo.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 02:44 AM
link   

And the fact of the matter is God created Eve later the same day that He created Adam.

I still don’t see why it matters that Eve was created on the same day as Adam…Eve was not only created after Adam but also after the animals. So yes Eve may have been created on the same day, but the fact she was created after the Adam and the animals means she wasn’t created for the same importance/significance as the animals or Adam – just as An after-thought.

And so as I’ve already pointed out, if god knew that Adam was lonely and needed to find a companion, why didn’t he just create women to begin with?

God knew Adam would be lonely and he is all knowing – so why did god only create women when the animals wouldn’t please Adam?

not 'procreate with Adam

Where the hell have I said anything about procreation???? Where are you getting that from??

So the verse says no animal was found that could HELP Adam

What is your point? As I said the bible is up to interpretation. ‘no animal was found that could help Adam’ meaning help Adam as a companion. Like a dog is a companion etc.

You claim the Bible says "X" and the Bible actually says "Y", then you proceed to falsely prove "Z" to be true by holding to the idea that the Bible actually says "X".

Where are you getting the idea that the bible says Y? I claim the bible says the animals couldn’t help Adam, You claim the bible says the animals couldn’t help Adam – there is no difference in our opinion on this matter…..

I then use evidence of verses from the bible to show Eve was created FOR Adam and not only created after Adam but also after the animals, thus revealing woman are an after-thought from god according to the bible.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by andre18

I was thinking about this just before while I was off at church, and it occoured to me that by showing Adam all the animals of the earth before Eve was created God was showing Adam that there was no other perfect companion for him to have. As showen in the verses above God brought all the animals before Adam and when he saw that he was lonely he then made someone for him.
By doing this Eve would have had a lot more meaning to Adam and he would have been able to appreciate her a lot more then if they were together initialy from the start.
What are your thoughts on this?

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by funky monk
reply to post by shihulud

Hu? that post makes almost no sense and re-inforces his point.

As you can see from this vs in Gen 1 it wasnt like God made man and then woman as an afterthought as claimed by the op.
Quite true from this verse although in Gen 2 it does seem that god DID create Eve as an afterthought however if you take the time to think, this is not possible

Ok..... this makes no sense to me at all, can you try explain a little better? Im curious to know what you mean lol.
What I mean is that if it was gods plan to create Eve, and god being an omniscient entity, then it would have been gods plan all along that Eve should eat of the fruit and persuade Adam to also eat. So why should Eve be the originator of original sin and why should god be annoyed with them and throw them out of Eden? Also if Eve was an afterthought then why create Adam with sexual organs and the ability to procreate and not create him a mate like god did with all the other animals?

Again for the second part of your post, how on earth does any of what you said relate for what NOTurTypical has said? All he has done is gone and pointed out what the bible says in relation to what the op has said.
The relation between gen 1 and 2 there is no "Fallacy of logic" - has it occoured to you that maybe the account of adam and eve in gen 2 is all about their creation in gen 1? There is nothing saying in gen 2 about the creation of eve happening after God made everything. Infact it is a more detailed account of what happend in gen 1:27.
Because the creation story in Gen2 occurs differently than the creation story in Gen1 and there is no mention of names in Gen1. In Gen2 Adam is specifically created to tend Eden while in Gen1 man and woman are created to replenish the Earth and have dominion over all living things so by that token it would seem that the creation stories in Gen1 and Gen2 are not one and the same.

G

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join