It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Adding An Additional Page With A Very Long Article ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I'm still plunking away with the International Space Station article:
tinwiki.org...

I was wondering if it's possible to have a page 2 link in an article ?
As information and pictures are added it's becoming increasingly long.

I still have much to include in most sections and expect this to become a very, very, long page.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
anxietydisorder,

My view would be that, as long as tinWiki's core concern is maintained as one's core concern, ...there is basically no limit as to how many articles can be created relating to what could be said to be the same subject.

The only important thing is that tinWiki has its specific focus. To explain what I mean: it makes little sense to write a big article on the Marvel comics Spider Man just for the sake of it, that becomes so big that it spills over, so to say, into tens or even hundreds of articles detailing the various possessions ever observed in his apartment -- creating separate, content rich and detailed articles about each and every item he has been seen to have in that apartment, ...and perhaps creating additional, long articles about all the articles that have not been seen but that might have been expected to have been there, and providing in-depth discussion as the the possible reasons why those items and objects have not been observed to have been present in Spider Man's apartment.

If tinWiki were a comic book encyclopedia wiki, or perhaps even an exlusive Spider Man encyclopedia wiki, such articles would be just perfect in tinWiki.

But this is, then, an encyclopedia wiki with a different topic and area of focus. And what is appropriate to present in this encyclopedia is therefore different than what would be appropriate in, say, a Spider Man encyclopedia wiki, or, say, a Star Wars encyclopedia wiki (like for example Wookieepedia).

My personal view is that the International Space Station is of high relevance in this particular encyclopedia. I would consider it natural if there were about ten articles that related fairly directly to various aspects of the ISS. Other topics are probably even more relevant, and I definitely think there should be 100 to 200 articles about various topics relating to extraterrestrials, perhaps some similar number of articles about ghosts and the supernatural and so on, and probably at least 300 articles about conspiracies and conspiracy theories.

So, while the ISS isn't perhaps at the very core of tinWiki's area of focus, unlike what it would perhaps have been in, say, an encyclopedia wiki about space travel and Man's exploring the universe, or something like that, it is still extremely relevant to a number of topics that are indeed the very focus of tinWiki. So, again, my general view is that it would be very natural to have multiple pages about the International Space Station.

Optimist

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Thanks for the info Optimist.

I want to do a separate page for UFO sightings from the ISS and might start a separate page on the interior equipment and facilities.

If it holds my interest long enough, a page on science experiments conducted aboard might follow.

I must say, I'm enjoying working on tinWiki.
anx...........

new topics

join