It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do they have so many disorder?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
They have disorders to describe behaviors that is not considered normal. To not have a disorder one would have to completely conform to society and be completely normal and not show any emotions what-so-ever which is quite impossible in today's societies. Scientists have developed ideas of disorders to describe perfectly normal brain-states. They just think that something is wrong with the people because they aren't acting like everyone else. What is with this need to want to make people conform? Why should we conform in a free society?

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
They have so many disorder because they gained billions out of it, and by selling the so call "products" for you to become "normal". I would call it the "Medical Mafia"

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by apk4o7mxb

Why is the medial mafia so popular? I'm not trivializing the issue here. The medical mafia seems to be getting all the money while the people who could talk to these people are getting ignored because they believe that medication is better. Talk can help someone just as good as any medication could.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Because if you have a disorder, you are ill.
If you are ill, it's not your fault.
It's not your fault if people move to the next seat when you sit down. It's not your fault if your wife left you.

It's not your fault. And oh, we have just the thing for you to take care of it. Don't worry, your insurance will cover most of the cost.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Did you read my post? I'm saying that these people have nothing wrong with them and they just have minor problems that can be treated better by talk. But the medical companies just want money.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

That's my point as well. I forgot to turn on sarcasm mode.

Someone goes to a doctor (or shrink) and says, "people move away from me on the bus." Rather than saying, "don't worry about it, it happens to me too", the doctors says, "hmmmm, sounds like you have PMAFMOB syndrome". See, you don't even have to have any real problem at all, you have a syndrome. But it can be treated!

[edit on 11-9-2008 by Phage]

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   
They call a behavior a disorder when that certain behavior interferes with the individual's every day living.

Obsessive compulsiveness is a behavior but obsessive compulsive disorder is when the sufferer is so obsessive and compulsive that it prevents them from living a normal life style such as being constantly late for work because they have to check all the doors and windows 5-6 times before they can leave the house. That's when they need help.

There are so many disorders described because the human mind and behavior is so complexed and detailed.

I don't think there is any conspiracy here.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by mandrake

The point is that they are trying to label basic behaviors such as shyness, fear of people, or like, the belief in talking to Gods as mental disorders. They are doing it to make money. When they need a new money making scheme they make a new disorder. They did it with ADHD in the 90s and now they're doing it with asbergers and autism.

new topics

top topics

join