It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beyond DeLay: The 20 Most Corrupt Members of Congress (and four to watch)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Beyond DeLay: The 20 Most Corrupt Members of Congress (and four to watch)

www.crewsmostcorrupt.org

Of this year’s list of 24, at least 12 are under investigation: Ken Calvert, John Doolittle, Tom Feeney, Vito Fossella, William Jefferson, Jerry Lewis, Alan Mollohan, Gary Miller, Tim Murphy, Rick Renzi, Don Young and Ted Stevens. One other, Charlie Rangel, is under a self-initiated House ethics committee investigation.

As in the past, members continue to use their positions for the financial benefit of themselves, their friends and their families...
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
rawstory.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Ten Most Corrupt Politicians Include Clinton, Obama, Huckabee

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
A direct link to the PDF:

www.crewsmostcorrupt.org...

It's filth like this at the very core of some of the most serious problems this country faces. I just wanted to point out that none of the 3rd party candidates are on the list. And you can bet Ron Paul isn't.

After discovering government coverups of information regarding Obama and McCain, I wouldn't be surprised if either one of them really should be on this list. In fact, Obama appeared on Judicalwatch's most corrupt list which I reported on here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I swear we need to just fire them all and put the GAO in charge of everything.

www.crewsmostcorrupt.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Hi TrueAmerican,

Thanks for posting the link, but pertaining to your last sentence. Are you saying that the GAO can be trusted? I'm not sure if any agency of the government can be trusted, I'd love to feel different, and they are looking after our best interests, but I just can't.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by saturnsrings

Hi,

From what I have seen over the years, the GAO (Government Accountability Office) are one of the few government agencies that can be trusted, unless anyone here can come up with something to the contrary. In fact, they frequently cry out that they can do a lot more because they have the resources and security cleared personnel. But to their continual amazement the government does not utilize them enough.

It may be to the GAO's amazement, but not to any self-respecting conspiracy theorist. For when the grand scheme is exposed, it makes perfect sense why the government wants to keep that agency as far away from them as possible.

But to be honest, I don't have any realistic expectation that the GAO could run the government, but I would totally support any additional functions they could take on to help minimize self interest, bribery, corruption, and no bid contracts.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Well this one will make me feel happy after all I am one of those that has been calling our government corrupted for the longest time, but victory is not by any chance to be enjoyed by the tax payer of this nation.

This corrupted and dirty politicians will cover their butts as usual and business will go on like everything that goes on this days in Washington.

Nothing to see people just the old good boys having fun at the expenses of the hard working Americans.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Thanks for the info. Your right about the GAO. They are totaly underutilised in the investgations of our financial dealings. Our tax money, more often than not, is not spent well or controled well. The GAO has a track record of ferreting out real waste and who's respnsible!!

Zindo

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Well, I hope at least some of you downloaded that pdf and had a look. Here is just one example of the lovely works behind the scenes, and how your money is essentially stolen under supposed federal contracts:

REP. HAROLD ROGERS
Rep. Harold Rogers (R-KY) is a 14th-term member of Congress representing Kentucky’s fifth congressional district. Rep. Rogers is the ranking member of the House Appropriations Subcommittee on Homeland Security and its former chair, where he was responsible for the $41.1 billion Department of Homeland Security (DHS) budget.1 Rep. Rogers was included in CREW’s 2007 congressional corruption report.

Rep. Rogers’ ethics issues stem from misuse of his position to steer millions of dollars in earmarks to campaign contributors, including a company that employs his son. A newspaper in his district, The Lexington Herald-Leader, has called Rep. Rogers the “Prince of Pork.”2 NucSafe Inc.

NucSafe Inc. is a privately held corporation that specializes in radiation detection technology, primarily for border and port security.3 In 2001, NucSafe executives met with Rep. Rogers, his staff and representatives of a local development group that Rep. Rogers co-founded.4 Two years later, the company relocated its manufacturing operations to Corbin, Kentucky,5 in Rep. Rogers’ district.6

Between 2004 and 2005, NucSafe executives gave $11,200 to Rep. Rogers’ reelection campaign committee and his leadership PAC, Help America’s Leaders Political Action Committee (HALPAC).7 In 2005, NucSafe was awarded a $1.8 million grant from a DHS agency.8 Richard Seymour, who runs NucSafe, has admitted: “It’s no secret we’ve gotten support from congressman [sic] Rogers.”9

Accenture and Raytheon
Accenture LLP is a global management consulting, technology services and outsourcing company.10 In May 2004, DHS awarded Accenture a five-year contract worth potentially $10 billion to support the Smart Border Alliance US-VISIT Program.11

The US-VISIT program is part of a continuum of security measures that tracks visitors virtually using a finger scan.12 It has been plagued with cost overruns and delays and, two years after the contract was awarded, it was tracking less than 1% of visitors to the U.S.13 In September 2004, Accenture subcontracted the program to three companies, including Raytheon Company.14 Raytheon specializes in military and homeland security technology.15

marg, I can't see how you say there is nothing to see here. Quite on the contrary, this is the kind of report that is extremely well sourced, and I urge you all to take a look.

join