It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dems Worry That Obama May Be Blowing It ...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I've been posting this thought about dems wringing their hands and gnashing their teeth over Obama's lousy performance to date on ATS for some time, but now here's a Politico Article to back it up:

Article

Polls showing John McCain tied or even ahead of Barack Obama are stirring angst and second-guessing among some of the Democratic Party’s most experienced operatives, who worry that Obama squandered opportunities over the summer and may still be underestimating his challenges this fall.

“It’s more than an increased anxiety,” said Doug Schoen, who worked as one of Bill Clinton’s lead pollsters during his 1996 reelection and has worked for both Democrats and independents in recent years. “It’s a palpable frustration. Deep-seated unease in the sense that the message has gotten away from them.”

and even more telling:

A major Democratic fundraiser described it a good bit more starkly after digesting the polls of recent days: “I’m so depressed. It’s happening again. It’s a nightmare.”

Adding to Democratic restlessness, McCain has largely neutralized some issue advantages that have long favored Democrats.

Dems and libs just have to be haunted by all this. With Iraq and the economy, just how can they be behind in the polls?

I guess the answer is that Americans realize that they will need more than an inexperienced and nasty empty suit to lead them out of their issues.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

So they rather trust a fossil and a hockey mom? I agree in that Obama isn't the right man for the job, but having McCain and Palin running the country isn't anything to be happy about.

I think it's reasonable for people to be concerned about another Republican White House. Unfortunately, most of these people don't look into it enough to see that Obama is no more qualified than anyone. The way I see it, all Americans should be worried about our next ruler, no matter what side wins. I'm glad all of this "My team is better than your team" crap has fogged our countries ability to pass good judgments. Both parties look about as mature as the reality tv junk that's infested American television. Even if your choice is the better crappy choice, it's still a CRAPPY choice.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Cent, i respect you and i wish you all the best in life. I wish the best for all human beings.

However, let me remind you all this is a chance we get to have change in our lives, to go in a different direction, to better this world- I know it sounds melodramatic and LOAM will undoubtedly get a good laugh, but i'm serious, today, i ask you all to look within your soul, those of you who have kids, grandchildren,...... Do you all beleive things will prosper with McCain????

He's a continuation of Bush. This rhetoric about changing America just is not true. It aint going to happen, it aint going to fly.

Do i support Obama or even like him? I dont know, but it would be a change this country and the world so desperatly needs right now.

Maybe that inexperienced and empty suit will be the salvation of us and our world. Maybe not- but i will not vote for more of Bush and will most definatly vote for the empty suit- who knows what surprises are in store with him...... Its a ray of hope, anyway, and i owe it to my kids to at least try to vote for a different future, as a mother, i owe it to them to feel the freedom just like i did, and feel hope. I want them to prosper and there wont be any prospering i'm afraid with a man whose been in bed with Bush for years. Same play different cast of characters.

The message:

VOTE WISELY- YOUR LIFE DEPENDS ON IT.

End of act 1, scene 1.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Same back to you and maybe even more!

The problem I have with your philosphy is that change for change's sake can also be very dangerous. Example, the old saying, "Better the devil you know than the one you don't know".

To call for Obama when you don't even know if you like or support him just because he supposedly represents change (Biden is change?) could easily end up the height of folly. Remember what we got after electing Carter because he represented "change" after Nixon and Ford? History says one of the worst presidents ever.

So DG, please be careful what you wish for ...

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempetoday, i ask you all to look within your soul, those of you who have kids, grandchildren,...... Do you all beleive things will prosper with McCain????

YES!

I have kids too. I believe the U.S. will prosper as long as the government doesn't prevent it from prospering. It's the entrepreneurs, the small business owners, the average Americans that make the U.S. prosper, not government programs or government funding.

Obama's entire platform is based on the government being MORE involved in influencing and interfering with Americans working to make the U.S. prosper. McCain working with a Democratic Congress is much less of a risk of screwing up what the American people naturally do well.

Obama-Pelosi-Reid is a triumvirate that could usher in a new era alright -a new era of economic collapse if they attempt to impose a more burdensome government onto an already struggling economy.

To roll the dice and just "hope" Obama will change things is relinquishing your own power to change your own life for the better. No government is going to do more to make your life better than you have the power right now to do for yourself.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Do i support Obama or even like him? I dont know, but it would be a change this country and the world so desperatly needs right now.

To see what Obama is for look at an analysis of the Global Poverty Tax www.abovetopsecret.com...'

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Well, ive been known to be wrong. I sure hope who ever is elected is the right choice.

We dont have another chance.

But i do respect both your opinions and welcome your input.

Who knows, huh?

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

I like you DG, but you have to ask yourself some serious questions this election. You are willing to trust an unknown with the Presidency in a time where we are involved in 2 conflicts, Russia is starting to flex it's muscles again, China is growing and Iran might very well be piecing together the components of nuclear weapon. And on top of that Al Queda is still around looking for a chance to inflict more damage. You speak of prosperity for your children, what about safety?

Nothing Obama has shown me so far make me confident he could handle any major National Security matter in a proper manner. Obama's major foreign policy initiative would be to leave Iraq regardless of being successful there. How does that make the U.S. safer?

For me, quite honestly Presidents get too much blame or credit for the Economy, they don't really control it in any meaningful way, unless they do some really grand/stupid things. The Economy chugs along in it's cycle of Growth and Recession, has for quite a long time if you look at it historically. They do however control foreign policy and National Security matters to a large extent. Who would you rather have as Commander in Chief if a crisis develops?

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Well, ive been known to be wrong. I sure hope who ever is elected is the right choice.

We dont have another chance.

But i do respect both your opinions and welcome your input.

Who knows, huh?

We'll have another chance in four years.

Let me put it another way. 8 years ago Bush became POTUS. I personally know dozens of people who busted their butts and became incredibly successful in the last 8 years. There success in life had nothing to do with Bush or the government at all.

I also know dozens of people who are no better off and many who are worse off than they were 8 years ago. And guess what? It's not because of anything to do with the government. It has everything to do with their own choices.

So no matter who is elected POTUS, ignore them. They don't make you more successful, nor do they prevent you from becoming more successful. It's your own choices and actions that determine where you'll be in 4 years.

I would suggest your action would be to totally eliminate the emotion of "hope" from your thinking. It's a disempowering emotion. It presupposes you're not in control of your own destiny.

Decide what you want in your life, why it's an absolute MUST to have it, and then map out a plan to achieve it. If you do this it doesn't matter who is elected POTUS.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Jamie,

There's a lot of truth in what you're saying.

Thank you for the encouraging words. I will try to remember your wise words and go on, but its hard to break a cycle 8 terrible years. I hope you are all correct.

I'm not a weakling or easily persuaded by any means, but i do listen when people speak in a rational nice manner and i appreciate your advise.

Lets see where we go from here. I'm not overly religious, but i do hope and pray some things straighten out and we have a safe future of sorts.

thank you.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I personally think that Mccain is ahead due to his VP selection, he took a gamble on Palin and it seems to be paying off by giving him higher ratings.

In the same way Obama could have really pulled ahead by selecting Clinton thus uniting the party more and appealing to women voters.

Just politics, pretty superficial not about the issues.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
The problem I have with your philosphy is that change for change's sake can also be very dangerous.

Let's say I'm driving on an icy road and feel that I'm starting to skid. I would agree that going crazy with the steering wheel or brakes would be dangerous, but to sit there and do nothing, while heading off the cliff? No thank you.

To call for Obama when you don't even know if you like or support him just because he supposedly represents change (Biden is change?) could easily end up the height of folly.

Well I don't get it then. You advocate no change first, and then complain there is not enough. Go figure!

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

The whole post means what it says when taken in its entirety. Cherry picking a line here or there to respond to distorts the meaning until you apparently didn't understand what I was saying at all. Your last line seems to be an example of that, as your response bears no relation to the part of my post you quoted. In fact it is just the opposite of what I was saying.

I can only ask you to reread my entire post and try again.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrGrieves
reply to post by centurion1211

So they rather trust a fossil and a hockey mom? I agree in that Obama isn't the right man for the job, but having McCain and Palin running the country isn't anything to be happy about.

Well you sure do not have a tremendous lack of respect for your elders. In many societies, wisdom is of a much greater value than naive ideologies. McCain brings the experience and wisdom that a younger candidate such as Obama could never gain except over time. I also find it ironic that everyone continuously bashes Politicians for being in with some "Good ol' Boy" Network, and totally out of touch with the Common Citizens. Yet, here you are bashing a lady for being just that, a Common Citizen running for Office.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

join