It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radar Operator Witnesses UFOs in V - Formation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Good Day Forumerions,

This report slipped through the cracks, as it was sent in a few months back . . . interesting nonetheless:

My "UFO" Radar Contact Experience

In 1954, I joined the navel reserve in order to avoid the draft while I was in college. As a reservist, it was my duty to attend surface division meetings in Houston on a weekly basis and to participate in two weeks training duty once a year.

Of course, the first year it was Boot Camp in Waukegan, Ill. but after that I was able to "strike for" for the navy discipline I most liked. I choose Radar.

I liked radar because I understood the basic principles of it and wanted to be "in the know" of everything that was going on just as did the ships officers and Captain. The Combat Information Center (CIC) was the place to be for that. I was pretty happy with that type of service. Besides, I did not have to swab the deck!

The rest of the story . . .

Cheers,
Frank

[edit on 10-9-2008 by Frank Warren]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Given the fact that the witness reports that the UFOs "popped" onto the radar screen . . . one has to wonder if they were "USOs?"

Cheers,
Frank

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Thanks for the heads up on this one Frank. I seem to recall this being on TV show recently although it might be another incident. In the post above you mention USO's. Wouldnt this effect also present itself if they came from straight down as well? I am not familiar with the capabilites of radar which is why I ask the question. Would be great to see how many "Radar Phenomenon" actually get reported as such. Would be awsome to get a pic of the radar pics taken.

new topics

join