It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sinlaku.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
www.bloomberg.com...

hisz.rsoe.hu...〈=eng

The typhoon was heading north at 7 kph and is forecast to strengthen to a Category 4 storm with winds of 213 kph by late tomorrow. The typhoon is expected to approach the Okinawa islands in southwestern Japan on Sept. 12

While all eyes are on the Mexican gulf it's looking likely this will hit at a CAT 4 strength.
EDIS is already reporting Gusts of 250kmh and it's not at full strength yet.
If your in the Okinawa islands,make sure you're prepared and away from the coastline.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
UPDATE...

2008-09-11 17:09:52
spd 9.26kh wind 222.24kmh gusts 268.54kmh Category V.
wave height 35ft.
hisz.rsoe.hu...

Now forecast to reach CAT 5 With gusts nearing 300kmh..
It looks likely to miss Taiwan and Naha.. but if it follows its projected course it will hit Japan on the SW at Kagoshima.

There is still plenty time for evacuation or even a miss.. I should think someone in authority is watching this carefully too.

Taiwan is preparing should it drift off track.
www.bloomberg.com...

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
9 days later .... 12 people dead in Taiwan
...and here in Japan we are on Tropical Cyclone watch for Sinlaku, it's pretty windy and rain is pouring down on the south east coast of Japan.
I live roughly an hour away from Tokyo on the South east coast of the main island.

We are on high alert until tomorrow at midday ... hopefully it passes without much damage

Sept. 19 (Bloomberg) -- Tropical Storm Sinlaku is skirting Japan's coast, bringing torrential rain and strong winds to the south of the country as it heads in the direction of Tokyo.

The Japan Meteorological Agency raised its highest alert for coastal areas of Honshu and Shikoku and warned of potential landslides in mountainous areas around Osaka.

Sinlaku's sustained winds slowed to 108 kilometers per hour (67 mph) from 111 kph earlier today, the agency said. The storm's eye was 130 kilometers southwest of Omaezaki, Shizuoka prefecture, at 7:45 p.m. local time, it said.

Sinlaku Lashes Japan; Shikoku, Honshu Put on Alert (Update4)

On the base weather channel - "Destructive winds are anticipated within 12 hours" ... and my husband just went to sleep lol I wish I was so laid back about it. Am on high alert myself. Hopefully it passes without much to mention

*crosses fingers and sends up a prayer*

[edit on 19-9-2008 by ImJaded]

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
oooooh, I think it's here !

wow @ the wind and rain right now.
I am actually kinda scared

*sendin up more prayers*

[edit on 19-9-2008 by ImJaded]

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ImJaded

It's a pretty severe looking storm at the moment.Gusts up to about 140kmh..but thank God it's dropped from 'hurricane class'.

Hope you and everyone else there stay safe and indoors.
I know how it feels being out in a wild one with no cover.

new topics

top topics

join