It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kazakhstan Old Soviet Area 51?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Found this while cruising around on Google Maps. If anyone can identify this area, I am very curious. Coordinates are 45.268121, 68.927536. Here's a link to google maps and a screenshot. Im sorry the scale is not in the screenshots, but if you pull it up in google maps you can see that this area is isolated by hundreds of miles of land and desert.

The geometry is obviously man made, and the lengths and angles of these and obvious roads back to the main highway can be seen. Sorry if this has already been explored but I would like to know what goes on here. Thanks.

BTW, is there still a way to embed images so they are actually loaded instead of linked?

Google Map

[edit on 10-9-2008 by thatblissguy]

[edit on 10-9-2008 by thatblissguy]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
The Russian's main space center was in baikonur, Kazakhystan, which is around 450 kms west, so that could well be a secondery site of the space program or indeed a secret military base. The disposition to me suggests rocket launch pads, but untill there's a higher quality picture it's hard to say.

Good find.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by thatblissguy

At over 1 million square miles, Kazakhstan is a great place to hide bases. The old Soviet Union would have moved most of the bases to the Russian Federation, but it is still possible they may have some old bases still operating in secret.

join