It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stonehenge 'was hidden from lower classes'

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Stonehenge 'was hidden from lower classes'

www.telegraph.co.uk

The wooden construction extended nearly two miles across Salisbury Plain more than 5,000 years ago, and would have served to shield the sacred site from the prying eyes of ordinary lower-class locals.

Trenches have been dug around the monument, tracing the course of the fence which meanders around the stone circle.

The dig's co-director Dr Josh Pollard, of Bristol University, said: "The construction must have taken a lot of manpower.

"The palisade is an open structure which would not have been defensive and was too high to be practical for controlling livestock.

"It certainly wasn’t for hunting herded animals and so, like everything else in this ceremonial landscape, we have to believe it must have had a religious significance.

"The most plausible explanation is that it was built at huge cost to the community to screen the environs of Stonehenge from view. Basically, we think it was to keep the lower classes from seeing what exactly their rulers and the priestly class were doing."

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 10-9-2008 by grover]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Some things really never do change.

www.telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   
That was a good article. Thanks for posting it. I still think that there is something very significant about Stonehenge. It seems they felt the same way. There are probably monuments that we don't know about now that the elites are hiding from us.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   
i wish i had a time travel machine.

i bet they was all drunk young adult's
that got it in there head to build Stonehenge

"Hey man let's build something people will go WTF for 5000 years"
"Why you wanna do that dude?"
"cause the future is going to be a boring place with out mystery's"
"Ok dude let's get to work....Wait!!!..You do got more ale right?"
"Yeah dude did you bring your robe's to mess with people's mind's?"
"Yeah i did dude i bet historians think we are cultist's or a religion of some sort"
"Alrighty then man let's make a circle with rock's on top it "
"lmfao Ok dude this is gonna be cool" >>>bevis and butthead type laugh

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

Check this out....
Stonehenge is only 80 years old...

Peace

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
i myself think the stones and lentils where doorways ..with wooden walls and roof..with an alter inside...

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by letthereaderunderstand

Very interesting article, I always 'assumed' Stonehenge was in its orginal form.

The concrete foundation really suprised me.

In regards to it being hidden from LC citizens, that would make perfect sense given the time of construction.

Good post

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grailkeeper

Very interesting article, I always 'assumed' Stonehenge was in its orginal form.

The concrete foundation really suprised me.

In regards to it being hidden from LC citizens, that would make perfect sense given the time of construction.

Good post

I had always assumed the same thing, that it was it's original form. I hate to be a sceptic, but I believe that much of what we believe is "ancient" or original actually isn't. All it takes is a swift kick in the pants of reality to remember, money is what make the perception of the world go round. As soon as you realize that, you also realize half the world is nothing more then Disneyland because all you need, honestly, is One too Two generations to pass and true history...is forgotten. It is then replaced by His Story...that of the King, Dictator, President...whoever owns the printing press, owns His Story.

Peace

[edit on 10-9-2008 by letthereaderunderstand]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I could be way out here, but will go look it up and get back...

But this reminded me of something I read, where Hitler ordered some bits rewriiten in the Nostradamus texts, to make himself appear more important and powerful!

Here is the only reference I can get at short notice:

en.wikipedia.org...:_The_Prophecies_of_the_World%27s_Most_Famous_Seer

Makes one wonder, how much of commonly actepted history is fact or fiction!!

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by corvin77

But this reminded me of something I read, where Hitler ordered some bits rewriiten in the Nostradamus texts, to make himself appear more important and powerful!

It makes you want to verify everything for yourself doesn't it? When you think about it, even scholars could be fooled in any field. You just teach what you were taught, so really the only thing you need to control is the script in order to have control. No one will get far disputing the scholarly side without credentials, so even if a laymen discovers the truth, they can put out the flame fast. Just defame the person and make them look crazy. Heck even the theory of relativity has been rewritten after Einstein died, to teach a incomplete version to students to keep them off track...I will have to find that article...anyway. Peace

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by KaginD
There are probably monuments that we don't know about now that the elites are hiding from us.

I contend that the 'monuments' that the 'elite' are hiding today are in fact concepts. My first guess would be dreams and then further along, I would suggest behavioural traits.

Two Cents...

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by letthereaderunderstand

Originally posted by corvin77

It makes you want to verify everything for yourself doesn't it? When you think about it, even scholars could be fooled in any field. You just teach what you were taught, so really the only thing you need to control is the script in order to have control. No one will get far disputing the scholarly side without credentials, so even if a laymen discovers the truth, they can put out the flame fast. Just defame the person and make them look crazy. Heck even the theory of relativity has been rewritten after Einstein died, to teach a incomplete version to students to keep them off track...I will have to find that article...anyway. Peace
you could be talking about the bible .....

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   

same as Grailkeeper, I am most amazed at this link, as I never would have suspected this..

And in reply to the post about how the elite would have sacred sites hidden from us, you need to look no further then the Bohemian Grove.. there are propably more of them, too

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

Doesn't really make sense, if you study Celtic cultures that inhabited the region. Most Celtic tribes from Britain, Ireland and Northern France all had the same basic structure to how the society revolved. "Class" was not so much a status. In fact, the only real "lower" class would have been slaves. While people with land always had power, chieftains and kings and so forth, on the religious side, if this was a Celtic society, the priests where very open to the public.

Essentially, if this WHERE a wall built to hide the Stone Henge, it would have been unique, unusual and unlikely..

I would say there was probably another purpose to the wall.

EDIT: so that what I said makes sense..

The religious aspects of Celtic civilization where sovereign to themselves, and where not controlled by the powers of Kings or Civilians alike. It was a revered position, and all celebrations where taken part as a community. I think we look at things in the past through the eyes of our own law system and class (English Law, French Law, etc) we expect there to be classes and so forth. In reality, some systems like for instance Brehon Law, where and are, far more equal then anything we had up until 1800's. So again, a wall constructed to hide a monument is highly unlikely. The 'Scientist" who came up with this explanation essentially says that because they can't think of anything else, well it must mean this.

[edit on 9/10/2008 by Rockpuck]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock

Originally posted by KaginD
There are probably monuments that we don't know about now that the elites are hiding from us.

I contend that the 'monuments' that the 'elite' are hiding today are in fact concepts. My first guess would be dreams and then further along, I would suggest behavioural traits.

Two Cents...

Do you mean by manipulating dreams and further along, or just the elite have "monumental" dreams? Could you clarify? If I do follow you, I would say it is in patterns through media.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by fatdad

How very perceptive fatdad...I know for a fact that script is altered, because the translations that King James gave us are not even a shadow of what the originals said and meant....Good Job

Peace

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Man, I hate you (kidding)!
Why have you came here to destroy my dreams? lol

Seriously, thanks very, very, very much letthereaderunderstand, for the information.
Really, it's just as you said:

...you also realize half the world is nothing more then Disneyland because all you need, honestly, is One too Two generations to pass and true history...is forgotten. It is then replaced by His Story...

Peace to you all.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grailkeeper

Well, only if there was a class system at the time. And we haven't a clue whether or not there was.

Or maybe the fence was to keep the authorities from seeing what the normal working class stone age folk were up to so they couldn't levy more taxes on them?

Or perhaps it was to keep the red haired folk from seeing what the vastly superior black haired folk were doing?

Or, indeed, to keep the evil eyes of the devil's spawn aka sheep from seeing what the children of god aka goats were up to?

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
When you think about it - it isn't so far fetched that THEY 'forgot' to tell us that Stonehenge is actually a modern day interpretation of a seemingly historical religious site. Look at the modern day church, they have been recreating interpretations of historical religion and making big bucks from it for a very long time.

I didn't know about Stonehenge but whilst I'm stunned, I shouldn't be. When will I learn ?

Isn't it interesting to think that NOTHING we think of in the past may actually be true it's all just manipulated and spun to lead us to where they want us to go, an amazing discovery here and a newly discovered (tea stained) manuscript there. If so many people can still fill churches on a Sunday and think they are hearing truth - man the sheep really do still run the hill!

I'm not downing the sheep here who think they are communing with the almighty - I myself like to think in my quieter moments I tune to whoever/whatever runs the show but it's the spoonfeeding of it all that should make the general populus question the whole set up (pun intended), Religion, History, Polictics, Society - we will never get the truth on anything only led along the path from the hill to the slaughter.

I'm now away to burn all the various prints of Stonehenge which adorn my cave

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Great thread, Grover! Star and flag for you. I can't believe something this important isn't common knowledge. My hope is that soon, it will be (as all truths should be). I've read and seen SOOO much on Stonehenge that I thought I knew everything that anyone knows about it. One does tend to feel that way when everything you can find on it is something you've already found countless times. I've never even heard a blurb or even theory about this before.

Terrific job opening our eyes to this. I guess this will be the thing I learn today. Congrats for this thread. Be well.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join