It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Behind Mexico's Wave of Beheadings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Behind Mexico's Wave of Beheadings

www.time.com

The biggest mass beheading in recent history caused widespread revulsion in Mexico but little surprise. Decapitations have become as commonplace in the increasingly vicious narco turf battles as stabbings are in London. During August alone, gangsters hacked off 30 craniums across the country — adding to the total of almost 200 beheadings in 2008 so far. Heads have been stuck on crosses, shoved into iceboxes and left in car trunks along with snakes.

Public Safety Secretary Genaro Garcia Luna claims the inspiration for the terror tactic had been al-Qaeda in Iraq. "This began after there was an image that al-Qaeda sent out to the world via the Internet showing the execution of a prisoner in Iraq," he told a news conference after the 2007 video.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.msnbc.msn.com
www.washtimes.com
www.globalpolitician.com
www.nationalterroralert.com

Mod edit: Please use exact title of the article.

Instructions for the Breaking News Forums

[edit on 2/7/2009 by Hal9000]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   
200 People with their heads chopped off in Mexico in 2008. Some say it was inspired by Alqueda tactics, others say that it is a practice of various Mexican mafias and gangs, others say it's a testament to the practices of Mayan culture.

Rumors of terrorists on the Mexican/American Border have been around for some time, more than a few stories of American kidnappings, Mexican Army Military incursions over the border to assist in delivering drugs, M 13 the notorius gang, meetings as far back as 2004 were given as warnings that some ganges had meet with Alqueda

Bush once said that we fought in Iraq so we wouldn't have to fight over here, but do we have a bigger threat lurking amongst the nice people south of our border?

www.time.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 08:08 AM
link   
and some kind of scary images of m 13 (Mara Salvatrucha 13) El Salvadoran gang members

Gotta say this guy looks crazier than any alqueda I ever saw

Apparently 200 beheadings this year, far more than in Iraq, mostly over drugs, various of the many gangs in Mexico.. not attributing m-13 specifically to those, these are just examples of the members of a particular gang that is now wide spread in the US and that Alqueda tried (succeeded?) in recruting members from.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Much of this is not new, but I'd be curious s to other ATS members take on this now that a few years after being told these stories about potential threats via gangs from south of the border, we are seeing so many beheadings in Mexico.

An indication that things are more out of hand than we know?

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   
My first thought is that it sounds like more good reasons to object to immigration from Mexico, especially illegal immigration. We have enough vicious gang members and crazy psychos in the US already, we don't need to import any more.

My other thought is, how long will it be before gangs in other countries begin to emulate this behavior?

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I am a police officer in Alabama and we have just had a quadruple homicide involving the so called MS 13. This is just the beginning people. So sit back and watch the magic unfold and when it happens to you, be sure to thank all the bleeding hearts that allowed those *SNIP* into our country. Thank them for allowing this to continue. I can't tell you people how many times we as officers on a local government level have been denied help from Immigration to remove the illegals. And also we have been told by the FBI to list the mexicans as white male or white female on our paper work to make things easier until they can catch up on the classification system. *SNIP* That was ten years ago and they still have not changed it. Have fun Americans. or should I say Amexicans.

LIVE FREE OR DIE! Patriot

Mod edit: Removed insults before approving.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
We live next door to a narco-terrorist organization, but our borders remain open.

Think about that next time you are forced to go through prison-style searches on your way to your airplane.

We are so 'vulnerable' yet, it's you and I that get to suffer the indignities of instant suspicion of guilt.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
30% of US prison population is of this ilk. Criminal Illegal Aliens. Contrary to logic, Governments have much to gain as things get worse. Remember OK City? Clinton's first words were to take away our (good citizens) guns. Big problems need help to develop and once a big problem matures, we always need more government to control it. I have always wondered why we pay law enforcement the way we do-i.e. crime goes up, they still get paid, crime goes away and they get laid off. Wouldn't a rational society think about keeping it's good jobs and exporting the $80 Billion prison industry offshore? Help Haiti for instance. The deterrent factor alone about stealing a car and serving time in Viet Nam would be tremendous. Instead of $80,000 per inmate per year, get it down around $5,000.
The answers exist but we won't see them implemented. The gangs are a manifestation of government corruption. The real problem in this world are our governments. That old come back of "the US is the best there is" can be translated to say "We get to eat warm poop and everyone else can eat cold pop". Poop is poop. I would declare total war on gangs, foreign and domestic. In centuries past, there was a concept called "Outlaw", which meant a certain level of crime would have "No Right". Killed when captured, no lawyers, no trials. I would prefer deport gang members as fast as they could be caught. Show Mexico it's a two way street. America would feel like a different planet if these leaches were removed.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   
This has been going on for years,it is nothing to find stacks of heads neatly arranged in a pyramid formation along the lesser traveled roads in Mexico,and that is considered only semi brutal no need to report it either nobody cares believe me I tried and was snickered at.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
This really is nothing new for northern Mexico. The place is every bit as bad as any middle eastern terrorist breeding ground. The main difference is the Mexican gangs don't hate Americans because we buy their drugs, pay them to smuggle workers into the country, and provide their satellite chop shop rings with abundant high dollar American vehicles to be stolen and driven straight to the neart port of entry. If radical Islam ever takes a hold in northern Mexico, we're screwed beyond a doubt.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Sorry have been working alot and haven't been able to respond for a couple of days.

I seriously think that we need to help Mexico, that we have had a long standing policy of keeping Mexico under wraps and it will one day really bite us... (I know we send money) but to a corrupt government where everyone is practically bought off by narco gangs

I live in Phs and Honestly, most Mexicans are really nice and work very hard and like us... I can pick at Islam because, they want us to change our ways and some... come here majorly not fans of Americans

But most mexicans are all right, i don't see, even among some of the Reconquista crowd, much more than the pride I saw among Italians in NY growing up..which fades over years, Mexicans seem to become Americans pretty fast i don't think in 40 years thier children will be any different than you and I

The gangs and the central americans and Islamists that blend in though are a major problem and...

I don't know if hundreds of beheadings on our border isn't something that we should not seriously do something about

I know from friends in Sinaloa that the area has literal coc aine and methamphetamine Factories and that my city supplies via thre route half the Meth in the united states at this point...

I can't understand for the life of me why we have troopps operating all over the world and I come into these forums and everybody debates "political issues" but this situation in Mexico is addressed by noone really... I think the Mexican people and parts of the governement would be genuinely cooperative with our help to, but apparently there are those in the USA being paid mucho money to keep it a non issue

The biggest factor I see both in immigration and Mexican poverty... is lack of Water...

I drive from PHX to San Diego and see signs that say "save the desert" which seems insane to me as it is the only growing ecosystem on Earth Desertification is a major problem

and we can build an oil pipleine from Alaska to Southern Cali we can build a water pipeline to Mexico and...let these people farm and have an environment worth living in, I for one would not mind seeing a bit more greenery down here

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

I have a problem with that and, as you live in Phoenix, I'm sure this own't be the first time you've heard this. That CAP water isn't gonna last the valley (or Tucson) forever, my friend. Even with that water both communities are experiencing shortages. Those two are just the tip of the iceberg. Vegas, much of the Rio Grande Valley in New Mexico, and tons of small towns across Arizona, Nevada, Utah, Colorado, and New Mexico (not to mention the Southeastern US) are drought striken and/or way overtaxing their water supply. I think we need to prioritize ensuring AMERICANS have enough water for us now and for future generations before we worry about South of the border.

Interesting fact: The term "wetback" originated from illegals having to swim across the the Rio Grande decades ago to illegally enter this country from Jaurez to Matamoros. My point being that even with abundant water, they were still coming across into our country in droves. The difference between now and then is this country has changed from a primarilly agriculture, ranching, and mining based economy in the West to a high tech industrial economy. Instead of employing illegal Mexicans, the companies shipped the jobs overseas. As a result, illegals are still pouring into this country, but they're having a tougher time finding honest work so they're turning to crime... drug smuggling, weapon smuggling, forced sex trades, theft, etc.

There is no realistic way we can help Mexico, to be honest with you. Their government is corrupt in that it recognizes the majority of its millitary is deep in the pockets of the Mexican Mafia, the Mara, and the various other crime families scattered along the border. I honestly believe the government there would like to crack down on it in earnest, but what are they going to use to do that? It is likely that any serious move by the Mexican government will be the straw that broke the camel's back and their compromised millitary will suddenly become a rogue millitary and then the proverbial S will really hit the fan. If we were to send troops into Mexico to help control this, then, again, we've got a rogue millitary in an impoverished urban setting to deal with. We would also open the door to something we haven't experienced in modern times in this country: direct foreign military style attacks on US mainland soil.

Like I said, as it stands now the drug cartels love them some Americans. Without us, they don't make money and they don't do business. As a result, they have largely kept the fight on their side of the border. Watch how fast that would change if they were truly given a reason to cross that line. I know this, if it ever does come to that, I will fly down to New Mexico myself and drag my parents off their ranch, loading them onto a plane to fly back up here. My old man is stubborn as a mule and I can totally see him spending all day perched up in the crow's nest on his work barn with an arsenal of high powered rifles and a .50 cal planning to defend his property. I can also see that ending real ugly, which I wouldn't ever want to happen.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

Ijust fell into this forum and found the discussion very informative. I have been interested in U.S. Latino gangs and how they work and linked to Mexico and Central America. The relationships between Latino crime of all types and the Narcos is real, mature, and growing more sophisticated by the day.

I highly recommend reading the reports (in Spanish) of LaPolaka.com about border issues especially Juarez. Beheadings, and other horrific crimes are daily occurances. Police, government, military, ineffectiveness, and corruption are normative there as in all of Mexico. In, short, even the good people of the Narco nation of Mexico are disgusted and fearful with the situation.

It is very clear to me that the USA is in deep trouble as we speak and that we have not yet realized that the cancer is already spreading among us.

I agreed with your post and sensed your fear for your stubborn but patriotic father.

I predict a violent uprising in Mexico by vigilante groups to deal with the situation because, increasingly, Mexican citizens are getting fed-up with the conventional bodies charged with security adn the rule of law.

jj in Utah

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

ignorance, and violence walk, or run from the law, hand in hand.

i suggest getting dick cheney in to solve this problem, you know his dealings with certain research companies wink wink.

The only reason the gang walks the earth is because the populace doesnt call it out when it sees a member.

Gangs are crerated by people with severe mental problems, hence the reason for a lack of individuality. The gang, which is a criminal and evil enterprise, thinks it can do what it wants. Its is wrong.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
There are honest, hard-working 'illegal' immigrants of Mexican descent, who want to start a new life in America. It is up to the American government to step up its resources and make sure the American citizens are protected against drug cartels and any violent offenders. There is no excuse to dumb-down the commoners with drugs.

Trust me: Even I could not get one off the payroll from a local restaurant. He kept hitting on me but they keep covering for him. Everyone from the neighborhood knows about that worker.

[edit on 2009-2-01 by pikypiky]

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
And so the axis if evil changes its location... Yet the government is so busy making backroom deals to grow our food in mexico where they can also dump all of the illegal pesticides to make billions of dollars from the profits that they did not notice mexico becoming the number one harbor for dissident terror networks from the middle east.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
This is what happens when aliens are involved in the mexican government. Did you know Mexico is the only country not controlled by the NWO.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
This is exactly why we need to legalize drugs and treat drug addiction as a health care issue not a legal one. We learned this with the prohibition on alcohol.
Would you rather have people breaking into your home,stealing your stuff,possibly commit a violent crime in the process and then take that money to a drug lord?
OR..........................
We give them easy access to the drugs they need and treat it as a mental illness and at the same time educate and inform our children about the dangers of hard drugs.
The difference with these two scenarios is that one we control the ultimate outcome and the other we let DRUG LORDS grow FAT and POWERFUL from our IGNORANCE.
Legalization and treatment is the only answer.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by mopusvindictus

Gotta say this guy looks crazier than any alqueda I ever saw

They are the descendents of the OP= Original people, We tend to forget that.

[edit on 7-2-2009 by SLAYER69]

new topics

top topics

join