It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Think Obama's Campaign is Losing It...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I just got this email from David Plouffe of Obama's campaign. Here are some excerpts:

Sarah Palin was a vocal supporter of the infamous "Bridge to Nowhere" -- the symbol of the Republican culture of corruption -- turning her back on it only after the project's bloated pork-barrel waste was exposed.

Didn't Obama and Biden vote for funding the "Bridge to Nowhere?"

Their ad also claims John McCain has "reformed" Washington -- which would undoubtedly come as a surprise to the Washington lobbyists who are running his campaign and the special interests who have been funding it.

Isn't Biden's son, Hunter, a high-priced Washington D.C. lobbyist, and former high ranking executive of credit card company MBNA? And didn't Joe Biden vote for the new bankruptcy law that greatly benefited MBNA? And hasn't Hunter Biden been lobbying for two biotech companies to get government contracts, and isn't George Soros partnered with James Johnson, the Co-Chair of Perseus LLC and the man Obama picked to vet is VP (Biden), in a biotech hedge fund?

The most "maverick" thing about these two politicians right now is that they continue to support George Bush's disastrous policies long after we have all seen the damage they are doing to our country.

Didn't Obama just admit last week that the "disastrous" surge had worked?

It seems to me that the Obama campaign is getting very desperate based on what they're trying to get people to focus on. And all this just to ask people to kick in another $5???

(edited to take out phrase "fancy pants" when describing Biden's son, Hunter.)

[edit on 9-9-2008 by jamie83]

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I got the same e-mail and spam from the Obama campaign the last couple of weeks that are nothing but insulting McCain and Palin.

It's like they're still in high school or something trying to smear the now more popular competition.

And .. their classic BS line - "It just isn't attacks on Obama but is attacks on you".

The lame tactic to get the reader to identify with the attacks and to also make them personal.

Sometimes, just really can't believe what i'm seeing from them lately. It wreaks of low blows and with no tact.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Yes, got that email too. I get a lot of them. Do you? They always ask for money, and there more recent emails are getting the feeling that they are more and more desperate.

So we just launched a new ad to set the record straight on McCain and Palin

Yes, launch another ad refuting his claims, just come out and say the truth, not jumbled together pieces of a jig-saw puzzle that no one can put together.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I just think it's becoming more obvious the walk didn't match the talk.

In the last three months, Obama has abandoned nearly every front on his message of change.

Rather than complaining how McCain/Palin aren't agents of change, perhaps Obama should have been more consistent in demonstrating his own commitment to the concept.

This is unraveling rather quickly. It will be interesting to see if he can recover. As I have said in many threads now, it's McCain's to lose.

[edit on 9-9-2008 by loam]

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam

Rather than complaining how McCain/Palin aren't agents of change, perhaps Obama should have been more consistent in demonstrating his own commitment to the concept.

Great observation!!

If the battle has become one about which ticket represents change, Obama's reaction is making him look more and more like a typical old school dirty politician. Maybe the process of campaigning for 18 months against Hillary has taken its toll. Maybe he used to be about hope and change, but now he's just looking more and more bitter everyday. It's almost like a different man or different group is directing his message.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by jamie83

Isn't Biden's son, Hunter Biden, a fancy pants Washington lobbyist?

Jamie, I respect your stance and your passion, but is "fancy pants" really necessary?

If this is an acceptable political term like Carpetbagger or Scalliwag please forgive me. And I would be against any democrat/liberal using such adjectives.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Sorry, just trying to add some adjectives to spruce up the writing.

I could have been more accurate and specific:

Isn't Biden's son, Hunter, a high-priced Washington D.C. lobbyist, and former high ranking executive of credit card company MBNA? And didn't Joe Biden vote for the new bankruptcy law that greatly benefited MBNA? And hasn't Hunter Biden been lobbying for two biotech companies to get government contracts, and isn't George Soros partnered with James Johnson, the Co-Chair of Perseus LLC and the man Obama picked to vet is VP (Biden), in a biotech hedge fund?

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I'm sitting here watching Greta Van Sustern on Fox and she is talking to Rove.

Rove said that rather than acting cooly about his dip in the polls, Obama is flipping out.

Love him or hate him, Rove knows politicians and I believe what he's saying.

The other thing Rove brought up is that Obama has done a LOT of talking and not once has he used the 'pig in lipstick' expression so Rove sees it as an insult, not necessarily to Palin, but to Republicans as a whole.

Jemison

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
The Dem's are losing it, and they know it. As I said earlier though, Obama still has the race card to play. Don't count that out.

The race card let OJ walk away from a horrific murder. It may just put Obama in the white house.

It depends on how he plays it, and he will play it.

That's how desperate they are.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   

He's already tried playing it. And by the way, excellent observation.

But it's getting pretty predictable at this point. Obama is going to play some sort of race card. My guess? They will drag somebody out of a log cabin in Alaska who will claim that they heard Sarah Palin use the N-word when she was in high school.

This is what got OJ off the hook. Except in the OJ case, Mark Fuhrman did use the N-word and lied about it. Lying cops = not guilty even with a ton of evidence.

In fact, in the infamous "my muslim religion" interview the whole conversation began when Obama tried to paint McCain as being behind some sort of anti-Obama rumors.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
I just think it's becoming more obvious the walk didn't match the talk.

In the last three months, Obama has abandoned nearly every front on his message of change.

This is unraveling rather quickly. It will be interesting to see if he can recover. As I have said in many threads now. It is McCain's to lose.

[edit on 9-9-2008 by loam]

Great observations, I concur. I just hope that if "Obama's spell" is truly wearing off that people are giving his history a second look with the fair objectivity it deserves.

Personally I'm not satisfied with his message of change wearing off, I want the truth on matters such as he and William Ayers, he and Tony Rezko, etc. If there is any truth to the history here and Obama has been just as dirty as any stereotypical "sleazy" politician then the public needs to know so this serious threat to America won't lift it's head up again in the future, say 2012.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I expect to see Obama take a rise in the polls.

Right now, the media is running through their talking points on him, looking for something that resonates with their focus groups. Remember, there's still 50 days to election. Long enought that the "front runner" will change one more time, maybe twice before going to the polls.

If I were "Rove-ing" for the Obama campaign, I'd advise against playing the race card at all. A lot of whites can imagine voting for him as long as he seems sort of raceless and unemotional.

He succeeds as long as he is channeling "Mr. Spock."

When his facade slips, he loses his veneer of positivism, and starts to stutter. Same with playing the "race card." Reluctant democrats (white males over 50) will waver if he comes off as sounding like a victim or representative of any particular minority.

He also sucks at gettting small-town support. And his comments about rural Alaska have not helped at all.

I watched Hillary take the Texas primary away from him, which should have been Obama's by virtue of his minority status. But he stuck to speaking in urban centers like Dallas and Houston, where he already had support. Bill Clinton stumped in small cities like Tyler and Amarillo, which carried the whole state for Hillary.

Obama's minority status, and Bidens Union credentials, are big negatives in ag states where the pollsters never interview anyone in small towns. Get set to watch the swing states with rural populations (basically all of them but florida) veer off toward McCain at the last minute.

Remeber, you read it here first.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft
Get set to watch the swing states with rural populations (basically all of them but florida) veer off toward McCain at the last minute.

I have believed this myself. It's why I'm so surprised he passed on Clinton as a running mate. In that respect, she was a much better choice. It's uphill for him now.

EDIT:

Of course, there are also voters like this woman. Remember her?

[edit on 10-9-2008 by loam]

new topics

top topics

join