It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World wants Obama as president: poll

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkStormCrow

Obama's campaign may be breaking US law:
talk.rgj.com...

However, one area of concern with the flood of donations, particularly those made online, is that foreigners could be weighing in illegally in an American election. Mr. Obama's Web site allows donors to choose an address in one of 227 possible countries or territories, including Iran, Iraq, Zimbabwe, and Yemen.
While it is a crime for most foreigners to donate to American campaigns at the federal level, those with so-called green card status can donate legally, as can Americans who live abroad.

And who's going to know if they aren't?

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
The best kicker statistic: 100% of the rest of the world will not be voting in our election so bah humbug their 'approval ratings'! lol

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
One other observation.

The majority of the "rest of the world" doesn't even care what their OWN people think about who should be running their countries. Maybe if China, or Russia, or North Korea, or Iran let us give them some input on who's in charge over there, I might consider their feelings about who they want for POTUS.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
To answer you questions:

No, I don't care what the rest of the world thinks. I never did and I never will. They have their best interests in mind, not mine!

Yes, I do think the rest of the world knows what Obama stands for. They know he is weak on U.S. defense and will bend us over forward for the rest of the world, mainly russia, china, iran, and venezuela.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
after reading this thread i now understand why the US is in the state it is in

the hands over ears yelling "blah blah im not listening blah blah" has become the US way of life unless of course they are being told this by CNN or fox news then of course it must be true
, cause the MSM would never lie or present a biased report.

the rest of the world is brain washed ??? the absurdity of this remark only strengthens my belief about the intellectual capacity of US citizens.

if i had 22 countries telling me i should vote for the other candidat of whom i wasnt going to vote id sit down and take a damn good look at the reasons it may not change my mind but i would at least listen

i have a challenge for all the peeps from the US

what are your candidates policies?
where will each candidate get the $$ to pay for these "promises"?
how does each policy affect you directly?
what will the negative effects of said policy be on your country?
what will the positive effects be?

are there any one in the US able to intelligently answer these questions?

[edit on 9-9-2008 by Demandred]

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatsup
Well the attitude of the Americans continues to be "F" what the rest of the world thinks. We Americans are the best thing that God ever created on the earth so the rest of the world can just "kiss our grits!" We are better and more important than everyone else! Redneck nation that we are.

And hey. Being ignorant, torturing, starting wars, lying, bashing gays, wearing a big belt buckle and shooting moose is sure to get you elected in the US!

[edit on 9-9-2008 by whatsup]

NOTE TO MODS:

As an American, I find this post highly offensive to myself and to my country-men/women. I think it would be appropriate to remove this post since it is offensive and has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

For all the good the U.S. has done for the world over the past 230 years, one would think that would have earned us a little bit more civility. Thats just another reason why I don't give a damn what they think about our elections!

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Whereas I believe that what the rest of the world thinks is important(Because America affects the entire world by way of its' leadership), it is ultimately up to us to decide who we want to lead this country.

I don't think McCain will do a very good job polishing up Americas outward appearance, since it is Bush policies that he seems to favor, and it is Bush policies that have largely gotten us into the mess we're in now. We need someone willing to talk as much as they are willing to pull the trigger when needed. McCain has not made the case for me that he is the person for the job. But again, his campaign rhetoric may not match up with what he actually does in office. This was true of GHW Bush Sr. who, upon entering the White House, pretty much cleaned everyone out who had bee left over from the Reagan Admin, it was almost as though a democrat had taken over...Almost.

Granted he shot himself in the foot with "read my lips" and lead to a two term democratic president, and I think this time around we may see the same happen considering the GOPs poor stewardship of the country over the last decade.

All that said, I will throw in my agreement with the rest of the World.

[edit on 9-9-2008 by projectvxn]

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Demandred

Let me turn the situation around. Has any US media ever run polls that ask what American citizens think of your candidates for President/Prime Minister?
I think not. In fact, for the most part, most Americans could care less who you run for office. That is YOUR business, just as our elections are OUR business. We have enough issues to concern ourselves with, without caring whom you elect.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

So you pulled a comment off the RGJ? Really? That is not what I would call sound reporting.

In the same discussion they talk about how Obama will let the muslim world take over America...Maybe you should have posted the article instead.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   

after reading this thread i now understand why the US is in the state it is in

Yep. I guess that's why 40,000,000 illegal immigrants risk their lives crossing the borders, or the sea to get into the US. That's why the Statue of Liberty has the inscription:

"Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me.
I lift my lamp beside the golden door."

Name another country that has such a "problem". I guess all of those Europeans that immigrated to the US were just mistaken. Why not ask THEM what they think? THEIR opinion, I care about, because, you know what, they are Americans and they vote here.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Not everyone in the US is a knuckle dragging nose picking partisan. And yes, I can answer every one of those questions.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
In fact, for the most part, most Americans could care less who you run for office. That is YOUR business, just as our elections are OUR business. We have enough issues to concern ourselves with, without caring whom you elect.

Wait, I'm not sure being ignorant towards foreign affairs is a particularly good thing. Maybe we should pay a bit more attention to what is happening elsewhere in the world , as elections in other countries do effect the United States.

[edit on 9-9-2008 by round_eyed_dog]

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

This is why we vote in our elections and not the rest of the lemmings, I mean world.

Obama put his foot in his mouth again today....calling Palin a pig....atleast he got a few laughs doing it.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I wonder if all the rich white people will jump ship to brittain or some other country if Obama is elected.

I can see the US being sold out by nazi remnants.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   
In an age where the world is so closely connected how can anyone not care what the entire world thinks?!?

Now I know that it can be hard to validate any opinion when it is against your core values, but let's not lie to ourselves here. Even in simple economics it is beneficial to us as a country to have the world on our side - and that's the least important aspect.

Have we all forgotten diplomacy? For a party that prides Reagan's ability to end the cold war, how can it possible to minimize the effect diplomacy has? Sure Reagan took a hard stance with the USSR, but the lines of communication were open and he did what he had to do to help put an end to it.

For the last 8 years we've had a President who couldn't argue a banana away from a chimpanzee. Now perhaps McCain is just putting on a facade right now as he attempts to mirror image the President, or maybe, just maybe, McCain has honestly changed in the past few years.

In my opinion, yes it's an opinion, we cannot risk another 8 years of this regime. I know the world disagrees with many of your views, but unless we plan on returning back to isolationism, we need to respect the views of the 5.6 billion other people on this planet.

So disagree with the views if you want. I encourage you to. But don't dismiss them and say they aren't important. That's a lie and we all know it.

[edit on 9-9-2008 by Sublime620]

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   
For that reason alone, I would vote for McCain...if I could.

The "rest of the world", read European "powers", Russia and China, can sense the weakness, and fear, that Osama exudes.

They see a week America, under Osama, and they are ready to plunder the rest of the world, that has been protected by the USA. Just as they always did in the past, and will do in the future...
-Russia, is showing it's fangs, ready to recapture it's lost "empire", read "close abroad"...
-China is dying to take Taiwan, Burma and so on...
-France sees a new chance for glory, and massive intervention in Central, and Western Africa...

When the world is pushing so hard for a US Candidate, you know there is something very wrong with him!!!

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   
So as americans we continue to underestimate the intelligence of others. i think the world sees Obama as someone with a worldview and some one that speaks to people as an equal rather then some exotic foreign stranger.

wheter hes the man for the job or not i know that the majority of the world have more in common with him then mccain.
mccain is a dinosaur not age wise but the way he thinks, hes still stuck in pow mode. obama has been around the world and has a connection that even civilians rarely find.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I agree with all the posts that basically say "who the hell cares what the rest of the world wants, we are a sovereign nation".

I also see this as nothing but another MAINSTREAM MEDIA attempt to make us feel stupid. Its as if they are saying, "Look retarded Americans! The rest of the world wants Obama, SO SHOULD YOU!" I'm not buying into this crap.

Maybe if we really want to support the New World Order, we SHOULD vote for Barack Hussein Obama. After all, the rest of the world will accept him as their leader, I suppose SO SHOULD WE!

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   
see thats the thing they are not saying "we are stupid americans" they are saying "you live in the best place in the world get your act together". regardless of our feeling towards the new world order we have two choices. we can keep playing cowboys and indians or try something different , i mean do you really think it can get any worse. the world wants someone they can relate to. we can speculate on affilation all we want but the truth is its either obama or mccain. so we have someone with their finger on the pulse or someone barley without one.

the other thing is people are stuck on his name , do you really think everybodys name is john or bobby, tim or buck.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join