It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

are women losing their mothering instinct

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 02:42 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 02:47 AM
link   
this is heartbreaking but it is not a one off i am coming across more and more cases of mothers killing/hurting their children and i cannot understand it i just cant get my head around it.
are women losing their ability to care for to nuture and love their offspring
i love my kids would die for them
but what is happening cant be all drugs/drink
i really find this worrying

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 02:52 AM
link   
This is one of the reasons that I am for abortions.
There are many women who should not be allowed to have children.
And don't give me the 'put it up for adoption BS'.
The planet is already too full of unwanted babies.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 02:58 AM
link   
I think you may be looking in the wrong direction here, I don't think it's the mothers who should be blamed.

In most cases these deaths are the direct result of either misdiagnosed, or undiagnosed postpartem depression, which can lead the mother to develop bipolar tendencies including severe delusion, morbidity and psychosis, rendering her very able to kill her own young.

The other source I blame for at least some of these deaths is the drug companies who circulate anti-depressants without fully realizing their impact on the hormones and chemicals of a new mother. At the very least certain drugs should not be able to be perscribed to New Mothers. One commonly misused drug (sometimes prescribed by mistake in the case of a misdiagnosis) is Aderal (or is it Aderol?) Which is basically a mild methamphetamine.

Traditionally Aderal is prescribed for ADHD children but has been used in cases of Bipolar and Depression with some success. I don't know much about specifics in cases involving these deaths but I think Aderal should at least be looked into.

Just an opinion.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Well how about that black woman who was just sentenced to life in prison for cooking her baby in a microwave oven because she was unsure of who the father was.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Ravinsomniac

Obviously my statement wasn't supposed to be the answer to all. Obviously you get some stark raving nutters, too.

That's the beauty of free choice, people can choose to be insane.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 04:19 AM
link   
awwww
The little girl was adorabe. The woman doesn't deserve the title "mother"...

I think that we live in a society that has become selfish and is more interested in what fits into their life rather than fitting into life as was meant to be. The mothers are to blame and to say otherwise is playing into your own selfishness of not wanting to accept personal responsibility for your own actions. The mentality is "don't blame others so that I can't be blamed."

She drowned her baby girl because she was had expected an end and this baby girl was not a means to that end and therefore seen as an obstacle.

I have no idea what adderall would have to do with it. I am on adderall.

My life is not headed toward the "end" that I had once envisioned for my life, but instead of being selfish and destroying anything and everything that got in the way, I redirected my focus and made my children the "end" rather than expecting them to be the means to my 'end'. I exercised control of my thoughts and actions.

It is not impossible for one to make good decisions if they can make bad decisions. We are just so busy handing out excuses and ppl are taking advantage of the ignorance in those excuses.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 05:17 AM
link   
The Elite modus operandi is to finance and promote disgruntled minorities in order to destabilize and undermine the world. Feminism is a prime example. It pretends to be about giving women equal opportunity in the workplace when in fact it is devoted to discouraging women from seeking fulfillment in motherhood

the above piece is from henry makow and his feminism and the new world order
family units are breaking down women want careers now and not children
single parent families, kids having kids, moms at work instead of being at home with their children (yes i am one of them but not because i want to but because i have to) fathers not wanting to have anything to do with their offspring, mothers seeing children as burdens stopping their fun and killing their careers etc god any number of things life can be #ty but i just dont know how they can kill their own flesh and blood.

a search will bring up lots of cases in the uk alone even just these pass few months, a child being starved to death above family pub, as previous poster wrote a child being cooked to death in a microwave oh my god its like they are not human the pain and suffering they must have gone through i know that when i read this stuff i hold my kids just a little tighter every time

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 06:39 AM
link   
I think you are making quite a generalization.
How many thousands of mothers are there that are nurturing and caring compared to just one who is not?
The stories are being far more sensationalized in the news lately, that does not mean it is happening more often. We just would never hear about it before.
It's very easy to turn this thread in an abortion thread, or a drug debate. I refuse to do either.
Right now..blame could be placed in many places..including with the husband.
It's too bad that she felt her daughter would be better off dead. It would have been better had she got the help she needed, or just walked away.
I cannot imagine what life experience she had that would make her embarrassed of such a beautiful child.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 07:50 AM
link   
kill a baby growing fighting for life in the belly of the mother.

or kill a baby in a microwave.

either way its life to say a growing baby that the mother doesn't want is ok to abort.
vs well the 6 month old mom didn't want to take care of it anymore so she killed it.

either way we are talking about a life.

a life women think they have the right to kill every day.

this it's ok to kill a baby as long as its head don't pop out to see you first bs is retarded.

sorry but had to be said lol

example 1
my wife and i went on a trial separation after 10 years of marriage with no kids.
3 weeks after we separated i hear she is pregnant with my child.
i want a child more than life itself!!!!
she goes and abort's probably the only child i will ever have for spite because we are split up.
i had NO say in the baby/fetus even thought it was half mine.
thus that is murder at least one parent wanted the child.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Absolutely no sympathy for this murder mom. That little girl did not ask for disease, and had the right to live just like anyone else.

The murder mother's actions are purely evil and she should be locked up for good. There was plenty of alternatives for this child, and killing was definately not one of them.

Cheers!!!

top topics

join