It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Use the 5th amendment... ALWAYS!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I found this link about "Never talk to the police for any reason, ANY REASON!!!"" There are two videos well worth watching even if you already knew this principal. The first is a lawyer talking to law students and the second is a police officer also in this class room studying to take the bar exams. Very, very instructional.

judicialmisconduct.blogspot.com...

Zindo

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Listen to what the COP says very carefully!!! He is giving you nearly every trick police use during investigations!!

Zindo

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Thanks Zindo. You reminded me why I hate attorneys so much. Good post though.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
the worst thing is that professional criminals already know that and lawful people don't. i believe the best strategy is to pick a spot on a wall and concentrate on it, the object is to blend the cops out completely so you can't even hear them because otherwise the constant questioning alone will make you say something eventually.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
If you tell them you want a lawyer and they are stupid enough to keep questioning you they screw up the investigation. Keep saying your not talking and you want a lawyer. They are recording it and have to produce it in court if your lawyer asks for evidentury process!!

Zindo

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Excellent post!

Thank you so much for posting these vids!

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Thanks,
I have been telling friends and family this for years but I could not find a difinitive source such as this is to help explain what we actualy need to know!! i hope others watch the vids and remember if they ever get caught up in a problem!

Zindo

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Having been handcuffed a few times, I can say first hand that I was my own worse enemy/witness. But, that's only when I was guilty of being involved. The few times I was questioned about events NOT involving me, I wasn't worried about what I said. Even covering for a friend or two and blatantly lying to the police didn't screw me at all, just when they ask about my involvement. I just always confess.

Odd that.... I'd lie for a friend but, not for myself.

Yeah, best bet is shut up. Just don't say a word. Don't give them the evidence they need (and they are trained to get it) with your own words.

Cuhail

Oh yeah, starred and flagged.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
The less you say the less they have on you. if they had hard evidence you would be in a cell already. it was an interesting video but i know next time im hand cuffed i'll be saying nothing, at least until they can prove it was me running naked through that street.....

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
… funny… in my 42+ years I’ve never been handcuffed… therefore I didn’t need to worry about saying something to incriminate me. Innocent people are rarely handcuffed. Just a thought.

[edit on 8-9-2008 by Jake the Dog Man]

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Jake, I guess you didn't view the vids. Its not what you say, its what the cop hears and decides what to use thats the problem. You could be innocent as the driven snow but if the cop needs a bust and your there...presto..your it!!!

Zindo

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Yeah, sorry, I now read my post and realize I do sound like a dick! LOL! I was actually speaking to the points that some posters were stating rather then the original vid.

BTW- I ain't pure... maybe more lucky then most!

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

Very good post ZindoDoone. People need to open up their eyes and realize that the cards are stacked against them but this is something all people can use to benefit themselves.

ColoradoJens

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Also never let a cop search your car when pulled over, even if you have nothing to hide. If they do search with out your consent they can only search around the drivers seat for weapons for their protection.

It's funny how drugs show up in little baggies of searched cars even when the persons in the car don't use or deal

[edit on 9/8/08 by Djdoubt03]

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Jake,
Sorry if it sounded like I was picking on you. I wanted to make sure you understood me thats all. No harm, no foul,LOL!!

Zindo

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I just finished watching the vids and all I can say is that I wish I had seen this two weeks ago. I have a friend who just recently was interviewed by the police for allegedly throwing a brick through his neighbor's window. I doubt he did it, mostly because he would tell me, but he is currently worried that he will get in trouble because he told the officer he wasn't at home that night when he actually was.

This will hopefully not only be helpful to me in the future, but to my friends and any others who watch this video. Great thread, Starred and Flagged!

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
What I find so maddening is the old addage "if you have nothing to hide, then why not answer questions?" . I see this used by so many when commenting on people who actualy know to use the 5th to protect themsleves. If more did it, it might clue the PTB that we are starting to wake up and not take the classic BS of our LEO's!

Zindo

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Z that is a great lecture. At first I thought it was one I had seen before, but it was even better. If this was shown in high school as part of learning about the law, I think it would help many who never encountered being detained. Like the prof said, the criminals know these things, so why shouldn't citizens be aware as well.

I am glad you posted this link.

top topics

join