It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Latest Polls Palin/McCain Stomping Obama

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Seriously Andrew... You believe that McCain (or anyone for that matter) is going to turn the Republican machine around because HE says so? It doesn't work that way. Behind the facade are the very same people that have been running the Bush regime from the beginning. All of them. McCain and Palin are the window dressing offered-up to keep the machine in power. Do you honestly, seriously believe that Palin was the most qualified choice McCain could make? Or was she chosen in an attempt to placate the segments of the voters with which McCain was weakest?

It isn't about McCain v. Obama. It's about getting the people with their hands on the levers out of Washington. I'm not believing the propaganda. Either should you. In every election politicians say whatever they have to in order to get elected. They outright lie. They slander their opponent. They mislead and obfuscate the facts. Since there's no accountability they're not at-risk.

Bush said all manner of stuff to get elected. He lied. Pelosi and the Dems said everything right to get the majority in Congress. They all lied. Meanwhile no one is doing jack. The country is as far in the toilet as it has ever been and the situation is being glossed-over to make it look nicer because it's an election year. Wait till the real truth comes out.

Don't believe the rhetoric. That's what got us where we are today. Back in the 60's and 70's THEY told us we had to stop the communists in Vietnam or we'd be fighting them on our streets. We lost that war. I haven't seen a commie on our streets yet. Oh, and McCain was a major force in our normailizing relations with N. Vietnam (who the Republicans told us were out to destroy western civilzation).

Now it's terrorists. boogaboogabooga.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
This is what you call, a comeback. This is what you call, Amazing. This is what you call, Palin. Our next Reagan. Our Flag flies high today fellow conservatives. Let us elect John McCain, a true American hero! America is more than just a community, and it doesn't just need an organizer.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
Seriously Andrew... You believe that McCain (or anyone for that matter) is going to turn the Republican machine around because HE says so? It doesn't work that way.

Do you honestly, seriously believe that Palin was the most qualified choice McCain could make?

First and foremost, I am not going off what I believe, but instead off what I know. Look at McCains voting history, it pretty much answers it all. Is he still a politician in the end? Absolutely! I don't believe, I KNOW McCain will deliver. He has in the past and history tends to repeat itself. He has his flaws like anyone else. The whole 90% like Bush thing is only partially true and even then the issues at hand made sense had they worked out.

I've always said it, I believe if the US stuck to Iraq we would turn it around. I dont like the cost related to it, but there are ways to trim that down (which McCain will do). I will say I was never a fan of the war, but we have to finish what we started.

I will also say, Palin was not anywhere near the top of my list and still isnt. I am not a fan of hers, but feel shes more qualified than Obama. That pretty much justifies it for me and obviously many other people.

While polls are not accurate, this does show there has been a MAJOR change in how people view Obama currently. I am quite satisfied with it.

Suck it up and wait, you will see im right.

[edit on 9/8/2008 by AndrewTB]

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Andrew... this has nothing to do with 'is Palin more qualified than Obama' (which is a debate in itself) but did McCain make the best choice for America or the best choice for his electability? I'm compelled to state (again) tha I am not an Obama supporter. But I gurantee you that if McCain gets elected you will come to understand what it is I'm talking about. If I'm wrong I will happily admit it. But things are in no way as they appear. This is a tremedously perilous time for America. The wrong choice now can easily doom us.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Liberals had their party pooped today. Sucks. But, I was also a firm believer that Obama should have been the VP. With 4 to 8 years of experience, he would have been a force. He is about to join John Kerry and the other guy. You know, Global Warming's Posterchild, Al Gore....that's a twilight-zone.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ConservativeJack
Liberals had their party pooped today. Sucks. But, I was also a firm believer that Obama should have been the VP. With 4 to 8 years of experience, he would have been a force. He is about to join John Kerry and the other guy. You know, Global Warming's Posterchild, Al Gore....that's a twilight-zone.

That's so awesome. When you find the vaccine to bring Reagan back, do let me know. In the meantime, I'll...

Wow, you have nobody left to make fun of.

OK, here's the right wing commentary you can relate to:

It's like, like, like, you're so smart, and people that went to kollege r so dumb. u rck.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I'm not making fun of anyone. Today was a terrible day for you Liberals. You smelled blood last week, thought Palin would flop. Oops. Be honest, you didn't see this one coming!

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ConservativeJack
I'm not making fun of anyone. Today was a terrible day for you Liberals.

I'm really not into sports. The future of this country is much more important to me than winning a day. I'm sorry, I love America more than I do the Republican Party.

You smelled blood last week, thought Palin would flop. Oops. Be honest, you didn't see this one coming!

Honestly, I had no idea McCain would nominate his third wife for Veep. Happy?

She woke up flopped. Many times in many colleges. You wait. The only blood I smell is the Palin tampon trail from campus to campus.

[edit on 8-9-2008 by ZuzusPetals]

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fathom
exactly, I danced a jig when Oby announced his running mate and it wasn't Hillary!
A Hillary Oby ticket would have been devastating and McCain would have just thrown in the towel.
I am wondering if it is too late for Oby to change his mind on Biden?
Can he dump the old guy and would Hillary come back?

the precondition is that Hillary would be Prez and Oby as VP. But better yet, the Dems should dumped both Oby and Biden, and installed a Hillary Clinton/Jim Webb ticket. This would put the Dems ahead by 15 pts , IMHO.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
If the democratic party leaders really want a chance to win they would force Obama to admit to his shady past in Chicago so they have grounds to dethrone him. Only way to come back in this race. The dirt hasn't even started to fly out of the McCain camp on this Soros puppet candidate.
A few well placed put together ads with,

No pledge of allegience
No flagpins
Marxist rebel posters on his campagn headquarters wall
A few good pastor rants
His primary pledges to decimate the millitary

All it will take is a relentless ad campaign of material he provided to us all during his run to the presidency.

Add the debates where you just know Biden is going to come off pretentious and condescending to Palin and McCain sticking to his record which looms like a huge shadow over Obama's non existant record and this is the easiest final run up to an election in years.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigbert81

Also, Biden is an excellent debater, so I look forward to watching people who think she's going to win put their feet in their mouths.

Hey Bert, you need to read this:

John McCain chose Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, people laughed and said Biden was going to wipe the floor with Palin in the vice presidential debate. Now, after her incredible convention speech, Biden is saying that he's the underdog because he's not a very good debater.

Also Commentary: Obama wrong to spurn Hillary, pick Biden

Giuliani was right:
"If I were Joe Biden, I'd want to get that VP thing in writing"

[edit on 8-9-2008 by Alxandro]

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 07:37 AM
link   
No, America, No! You are so close to making the right choice don't muck it up now by choosing another 4 years of right wing, war mongering, scare politics.

As 9/11 approaches and we are all told to remember that terrible day, i urge you to also remember the following 7 years of republican led paranoia and the removal of your freedoms and the dismantling of the constitution all in the name of protection from terrorists. Take it from someone born in Northern Ireland in 1979 during the troubles, you are NOT in as much danger as they want you to think.

Terrorism is a concept. It is not an invading army or an occupying force. You cannot win a war against a religieous concept.

I know i can't vote and far be it from me to try and tell others what to do but please try to remember that America's position of power in the world influences all of us. Please look carefully at both parties foreign policies and not just what they will do at home. As a foreigner, the Obama/Biden ticket looks a lot better let me tell you.

Finally (and slightly off topic), on behalf of the UK, sorry for Russell Brand at the VMA's. He isn't as funny as he likes to think he is and thank you for taking him off our hands. You kind of owe us one though. I mean we did take Madonna

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

The country is as far in the toilet as it has ever been

Do you actually believe that? If so, that your the victim of a concerted campaign by the democrats and media. I'm not saying that we couldn't be better, but to say its worse than its ever been is just hysterical bullocks.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Hysterical bullocks? Hardly. I've been on the planet 56+ years. I've seen wars, recessions, scandals, disasters, rationing... In my experience we have never been in the mess we're in now. Our economic situation is unprecedented. The country has the biggest deficit in history. The highest rate of foreclosures in history. The fed has to bail-out Freddie and Fannie. Highest military suicide rate in history. Bankruptcies of some of the largest corporations in the country's history. Massive losses of industry to overseas. Evisceration of our Constitutional rights and general disregard of the Constitution but the very people sworn to uphold and protect it. Widespread illegal activities of the Administration (wiretapping, shredding of evidence, etc.). Failure to do anything by the Congress. Inability of the FDA to protect our food and pharmaceuticals. $10b/month spent on Iraq. Countless billions 'missing'. Elimination of a large part of student loan money (the country's future). Soaring energy and food costs. Indications of (another) ecopnomically crippling cold war. Unprecedented squandering of our internationl reputation. Take the blinders of and stop drinking the Republican 'it's-all-in-your-mind' koolaide. This is real. It's happening now. And we've only seen the tip of the ice berg.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

I think think of a few times we were worse off, like the depression and the Carter administration. We've had nothing anywhere near that kind of economic down swing, as we did in those instances.

Plus, I see whats in front of my face with my own two eyes. I'm by no means poor, but close to it and I'm fine. I have everything I need and than some. Nobody I know, is having any harder economic times than they have dealt with before. My single parent friends, have enough income to buy PS3s and plasma TVs.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by pavil
reply to post by Fathom

Obama blew it big time by not picking Hilliary, mark my words. Obama / Clinton was the Democratic Dream ticket.

I agree. But I think Obama was afraid his career would have been cut short with that kind of Dream ticket... if you know what I mean.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Matrix1111

i do not know what you mean. Assasination?

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by AndrewTB

Originally posted by jtma508
Me too! I can't wait for another 4yrs like the last 8. I always wanted to live in a box and speak Chinese. Let's get this election over and finish screwing this country into the ground! Can I get an Amen??

Blasphemy!

Do you even know where McCain stands? Have you just been listening to people that say Bush the 3rd?

McCain really is a unique politician. He is more along the lines of an independent and WILL appoint several democratic cabinet members (mark my words).

YA I do... I have actually finished reading his entire platform...

He will promote offshoring American jobs like no other. Because like healthcare
he will make it more profitable to do so.

He will make it very likely that MOST if not ALL companies that provide health insurance
will STOP in an effort to stay afloat. HIS tax policy will promote this.

YOU will HAVE to front the $7.000 - $18,000 py policy on the free market... To boot analysts believe that number will double within six years if there is not an investment into IT (OBAMA WILL)...

I also understand that Mccain will further shift the tax code... bringing the corporate tax to 25% from 35% eliminate the inheritance tax below $10,000,000.00.

THIS is what was wrong with BUSH.

EISENHOWER (R) (real republican!) taxed at 90%.

Mccain will bring about MEXICO in no time flat.

BILLIONAIRES and PEASANTS.

OBAMA WILL re-negotiate NAFTA and provide tax incentives to companies that shift their labor and R&D back home where it belongs.

ALSO you will get some two nice new NUC plants in FLORIDA.

wait when a hurricane hits and the cards are lined up right.
When you are getting your fifth nut removed remember your vote will ya?

I do hope you are a rich fellow. Start saving for your premiums, deductibles and co pays

READ his Platform, UNDERSTAND it.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dronetek
reply to post by jtma508

I think think of a few times we were worse off, like the depression and the Carter administration. We've had nothing anywhere near that kind of economic down swing, as we did in those instances.

Plus, I see whats in front of my face with my own two eyes. I'm by no means poor, but close to it and I'm fine. I have everything I need and than some. Nobody I know, is having any harder economic times than they have dealt with before. My single parent friends, have enough income to buy PS3s and plasma TVs.

DT - I really hope you know what you are voting for...

You ask your friends and your self if you can manage NOT having employer provided healthcare.

float the

DOWN PAYMENT
PREMIUMS
CO PAY

Mccains plan promotes incentives for companies that will eliminate such novelties.

Please also take into account that these costs will double in six years + inflation.

If you are that well to do good on ya.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by mental modulator

Thanks for the additional info on McCain's platform. He's even worse than I thought he was.

The poll that is posted is not taken by one of the most reputable sources, though I suppose it could have some things right. Still, it only shows a "bounce" from the convention that probably won't last long.

My prediction is Biden will wipe the floor with Palin at the debate. He is known as a great debater. Sarah Palin didn't even write her own speech for the convention, and the Republicans have kept her away from much contact with the press, probably because they're not sure what she might say. Well, they wanted a "maverick" or so they said so I guess they're going to find out how much of a loose cannon she can be. IMO her speech was very "cute"--she was all perky and peppy like a cheerleader from my old high school--but lacked subtance, or any specific proposals other than the promise to "fight" the establishment in Washington. She's just a passing phenomenon.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join