It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How does demonic possession work?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Syntax123
...Just becuase something seems like it can't be explained medically at this point, doesn't mean that it can't be explained medically. Superstition can be very dangerous, as can be noted about the Salem witch trials.

Did you miss this part in my original post? Let me repost it, with italics for emphasis.

Martin also said that during an exorcism, there is a point...where EVERYONE (including disbelievers) in the room realizes they are dealing with something that isn't human.

I think the Catholic church is wrong in many ways, but they appear to have the right track with Exorcisms. You cannot get an exorcism approved if there is even the SLIGHTEST possibility the issue is caused by mental or physical causes.

And don't you think it quite odd that the people who undergo successful exorcisms go on to lead fully normal lives?

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by sir_chancealot

I have read Malachi martin's book Hostage to the Devil, about 5 americans that were possessed by demons. that book scared me to death, and the people were possessed were normal people. One was a priest, and a normal girl. None of them were satanists or into anything dark or evil, they were just regular people. apparently they just started dealing with weird personality changes, they heard voices in their heads telling them to say stuff, and they were aware of everything going on. all of them had aversions to anything christian, some could not say the word God or Jesus, with out beiung in total pain, the demon inside of them would cause excrutiating pain to them if they saw say a crucifix. The family members were the ones to get help from a priest, before they performed the exorcisms, they would do tests on them to make sure they were not mentally ill, or had some sort strange illness. In all of the cases the people were normal with no hint of mental illnesses. So that throws out the theory they were mentally ill.

You guys should read the book and come up with your own conclusions.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Hi I have been possessed and exorcised of a demon when I was 14 years old. I wrote a thread on it a while ago. If you have any questions feel free to ask

For me it was scary yet rewarding at the same time because it affirmed my believe in the spiritual realm and showed me that there is more out there than we can even begin to imagine.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by mysticalzoe

I read that book too. It creeped the bejeepers out of me (excuse the profanity!
>) He did a lot of opining on demon possession within the Vatican as well, and appeared on the old Art Bell show a fair amount. He took particular issue with that British guy Benjamin Creme, if I remember correctly.
en.wikipedia.org...
Sorry about my sloppy link posting. I can't seem to get it to come out properly.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by sir_chancealot

Originally posted by Syntax123
...Just becuase something seems like it can't be explained medically at this point, doesn't mean that it can't be explained medically. Superstition can be very dangerous, as can be noted about the Salem witch trials.

Did you miss this part in my original post? Let me repost it, with italics for emphasis.

Martin also said that during an exorcism, there is a point...where EVERYONE (including disbelievers) in the room realizes they are dealing with something that isn't human.

I think the Catholic church is wrong in many ways, but they appear to have the right track with Exorcisms. You cannot get an exorcism approved if there is even the SLIGHTEST possibility the issue is caused by mental or physical causes.

And don't you think it quite odd that the people who undergo successful exorcisms go on to lead fully normal lives?

Yes, I read it, and my point still stands. What I meant was that just becuase it can not be explained right now, doesn't mean that it isn't a medical condition. Labeling something you don't understand as an act of a demon is silly, imo. I don't have the credentials (yet) to make an accurate statement on "demonic posessions" and the "special" cases that can't be explained, but I have no reason to believe in them until I am presented with proof.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by mysticalzoe

That is a book I recommend to everyone interested in demonic possession. It will definitely boggle your mind and shake some beliefs you have about exorcisms.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join