It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How does demonic possession work?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
How does a demon enter a person's body? What happens to the person's soul/spirit that inhabbits the body? Does the demon take over the person's brain in order to control the body? Can a demon possess a mentally handicap person? Can a demon possess a brain-dead person who's on life support? What if a person is possessed but gets shot in the head? What would happen to the demon? How does this work? I don't get it. Where do demons normally live?

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
HI
Hmm ok so many questions.

My 2 cents

I personally believe that we all have demons already in us.
Anger,hate,vengeful behaviours,lust,jelousy etc ...*those are spirits that are not good ..And when you feed them they grow ..the more you act on them the worse they get ..and then it turns into legions of demons ..they all come in and move in since you have opened the doors for them to come and stay (Yes you give them permission by acting on those thoughts) ...
Demons live in the spiritual realm but are very real ...you can also get them by calling up spirits (speaking to the dead or calling mediums etc ) ....

They do work on your mind and your heart ...and they end up controlling you .

You need the HOLY SPIRIT to wipe clean your house (your heart mind soul and body)
You then feed it (the word of God )so love and goodness grows in your heart mind and soul and body and the demons will not have a place to come back to and set up shop anymore ..they cannot live where the Holy Spirit is ..

I dont believe someone disabled or handicapped can be demonically possessed (But I could be wrong ) .........

Demons can also roam around in the world seeking who ever they can devour..
But dont forget just like God wont go over our free will to choose ..satan cant either ...(You allow him in or he could not come in )

Thats really all I know ..maybe others can add to that ..

[edit on 7-9-2008 by Simplynoone]

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simplynoone
HI
Hmm ok so many questions.

My 2 cents

I personally believe that we all have demons already in us.
Anger,hate,vengeful behaviours,lust,jelousy etc ...*those are spirits that are not good ..And when you feed them they grow ..the more you act on them the worse they get ..and then it turns into legions of demons

I thought those were traits of being human.

..I dont believe someone disabled or handicapped can be demonically possessed (But I could be wrong ) .........

So, you think we already have demons in us, unless we're mentally handicap?

Demons can also roam around in the world seeking who ever they can devour..

I know the Bible says something along those lines, but what does it mean by devour? Also, what is the purpose of possession? What do they gain by it? And again, where is the human spirit during this whole process?

[edit on 7-9-2008 by Hydroman]

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   
This will be hard to explain ..

Lets start with the word devour then go on

1Pe 5:8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

1) to drink down, swallow down

2) to devour

3) to swallow up, destroy
cf.blueletterbible.org...

About being Earthly
Read this whole chapter actually ....
www.blueletterbible.org...
1Cr 15:48 As [is] the earthy, such [are] they also that are earthy: and as [is] the heavenly, such [are] they also that are heavenly.

1Cr 15:49 And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.
Jam 3:13 ¶ Who [is] a wise man and endued with knowledge among you? let him shew out of a good conversation his works with meekness of wisdom.
Jam 3:14 But if ye have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth.

Jam 3:15 This wisdom descendeth not from above, but [is] earthly, sensual, devilish.

Jam 3:16 For where envying and strife [is], there [is] confusion and every evil work.

Jam 3:17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, [and] easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.

Jam 3:18 And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace of them that make peace.

Earthly is sensual (the sensual senses)
The earthly body is doomed for death ..no matter what ...it is CORRUPTABLE
And is being more and more corrupted through feeding it desires (Overendulging in it all ) .....it is selfish and even the heart is earthly fleshly minded thinking ..so is our minds ...
And it leads to death

1Cr 15:53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal [must] put on immortality.

1Cr 15:54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

1Cr 15:55 O death, where [is] thy sting? O grave, where [is] thy victory?

I am really not doing a good job at explaining this ..
It is something I sort of understand ..but dont quite know how to explain it to someone else ...

As far as the disabled ...I just dont know about that really ..
I cannot imagine God holding anyone accountable who cannot even think for themselves ..or comprehend ....thats not their fault and I am sure God and them know eachother .............They prob know more about him than we do ...

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   
[what is the purpose of possession? What do they gain by it? And again, where is the human spirit during this whole process? ]

The purpose it to destroy and corrupt the human spirit ...to get you to destroy self and stay far away from God ... you then become a slave to sin ...
It is also to hurt God ..satan hates God and can hurt him by hurting us ..(it is a war for your soul ) .......

They feel glory for it working so well and you being such a good willing participant .

The human spirit is being tormented as it happens ...
Fighting but not quite able to fight their way out .
It takes the Holy Spirit in you to actually win that battle for your soul ..

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I can tell you that demon possession is real.
My sister witnessed it happen when she was at a high school level boarding school. These kids were using a oigi board and went insane. they were running all around the school like screaming maniacs. The heads of the school had to do some sort of exorcism on them.
I had been to that same school, a few years earlier. There was a tendency to experiment with urban legend type scary things involving the devil, there. It was probably a result of the boredom of living in a boarding school.
If you go asking for trouble, you will get it. The worse thing that I was personally involved with was this thing about placing a key in a Bible. We did it and waited for something to happen. The clock on the wall stopped for no apparent reason. We were lucky that we did not do a real invocation of spirits, like those other kids apparently did.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I think demonic possession and schizophrenia are related and I think that schizophrenics are people who because of stress have learned to travel out of body to relieve their stress although it is unconscious for the most part and they are surprised mostly to find out what has happened while they were out and about.

Spontaneous bi-location or out of body travel is the natural version of trained mystical out of body travel and as such the person that does this does not have training to protect their body while they are out of it like a mystic or magician does.

The second cause and likely more common is alcohol or drug induced out of body travel and these persons are even more open to possession because their mind is dislocated by reason of a drug induced situation and have a harder time getting back to their body than those who travel out of stress induction.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

To be demon possessed you must feed a demon what it wants. All carnality is energy that will attract a demon to your temple/body. Fear, lust, anger, etc. are emotions that are purposely aroused by adversarial demonic possessed people and demon inspired movies, news, TV, images, etc. The darker side of demonic food is in the actual food that we consume. Strangled/tortured animals are forbidden foods condemned by the Apostle Paul. These kinds of foods are full of what is called the "Blood Lust" of the fear drenched animal. Most animals in our butcher shops have been hideously slaughtered thereby raising the "Blood Lust" content in the flesh of the animal. The darker side of food for Demons is the unspoken/hidden truth of the Bible and the history of the human species. Intelligence/knowledge can be consumed. Cannibalism is the hideous side of idolatry worship and sacrifices that are fiercely condemned by the God of Abraham/Hebrews. Demons hunted humans and each other for "power/knowledge". These Demons taught humans their "Satanic" ways. When the Fallen Ones were destroyed they could only thereafter exist in the flesh of hosts. Aztec, Mayan, Babylonian, etc. sacrifices were designed to entice Demonic possession with all the associated "powers" that came from attracting a demon into one's temple/body. Popular Hollywood movies that hint at this hidden knowledge of "eating knowledge/intelligence" are Predator which was based on old Hebrew legends of Demonic cannibalism, and the Highlander which reveal the war for power even among the Demons.

Old Hebrew temple sacrifices were special knowledge/rituals given by God to the "Chosen Ones" who were designated by God to possess the "Way" to cleanse the land and the people of demons. These rituals were bloody and horrendous. But... that is what attracts a demon. It was the only "Way"... until Jesus the Son of God/God-With-Us shed His blood on the cross so that we might cast out these same demons with just a single drop of the Holy Blood of the Lamb of God. Can anyone be possessed? I would say that all are "demon possessed" without the Blood of the Lamb of God over our Temples. I know this is all mumbo jumbo to the "science" oriented intellects. Think of the Demons as the seemingly supernatural other dimensional beings in "Flatland". They see us... we do not see "them". The occult rulers of this planet know these "truths".... so should you. Go to Jesus. There is no need to "fear" that which can be defeated with Holy Blood of God over our "Temple/Body". Demons will have nothing to do with the Blood of the Lamb. Give a little respect to the "Chosen People/Hebrews"... they were not superstitious ancestors making do with the limited knowledge of their time. They KNEW and some of them still do know. Go to God with the Blood of the Lamb over your temple. No demon will possess that which is "covered/cleansed". If you go to God without first being "cleansed/exorcised"... God will destroy you. I once heard an old preacher say that humans are less intelligent than pigs. When Jesus cast the demons out of a demoniac into pigs the herd of pigs jumped off a cliff whereas humans just live with demons... go figure.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
For example, I think the video, 'do you wish that we would show up?' is a request by demons to inhabit you. It says in the Bible, 'Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.' Notice that they are asking, you have to give them permission. Or it's by one's behavior; dabbling in the occult, lascivious lifestyles, etc are gateways to demonic activity.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
good2go has it right. resist the devil and he will flee from you, the bible is clear on that. all humans are sinners but that does not mean they are possessed by demons merely because they sin. lust is a sin not a demon and every man on this planet has lusted before. the book of james says that a mans evil desires entice him and drag him away and then sin occurres. this has nothing to do with demons. that being said, i want to thank all the brothers and sisters in christ for caring about these important issues and always remember to be civil and loving in our discourse. there are many debatable issues that we can debate vigorously but dont have to divide over.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Good2Go
For example, I think the video, 'do you wish that we would show up?' is a request by demons to inhabit you. It says in the Bible, 'Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.' Notice that they are asking, you have to give them permission. Or it's by one's behavior; dabbling in the occult, lascivious lifestyles, etc are gateways to demonic activity.

If permission is to be given then it should also depend on what the giver is imagining he is giving it to. I believe a real demon does not have to ask permission anyway. If I give permission to what I imagine as benevolent beings then that permission cannot end up somewhere in the lower regions to be used by any other beings.

I believe the perspective from a demon is that in it's view (most) humans are nothing more than Sims which they influence to do things they enjoy see them do. Maybe there's a whole other world out there where demon's place bets or perform shows for eachother with their 'Sims', put on a human like it were a suit or control it like a mindless robot, maybe they even buy humans from eachother or fight for the best Sims amongst themselves.

[edit on 10-10-2008 by Dragonfly79]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dragonfly79
If permission is to be given then it should also depend on what the giver is imagining he is giving it to. I believe a real demon does not have to ask permission anyway. If I give permission to what I imagine as benevolent beings then that permission cannot end up somewhere in the lower regions to be used by any other beings.

I believe the perspective from a demon is that in it's view (most) humans are nothing more than Sims which they influence to do things they enjoy see them do. Maybe there's a whole other world out there where demon's place bets or perform shows for eachother with their 'Sims', put on a human like it were a suit or control it like a mindless robot, maybe they even buy humans from eachother or fight for the best Sims amongst themselves.

LOL!!!!!! Sims..... I'm saving that one. My guess a demon is given "permission" the moment a person "sins". From that moment on there is only one "Way" to get rid of the beast. Took a lot of courage.... as in sweating blood courage... for Jesus to do what He did... especially considering what was done to Him the first time around. Amazing..... I guess that is why He is God.... and we are not.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 01:59 AM
link   
I do not believe that demonic posessions exist. I think they are simply cases of extreme mental illness. We are in a new era of medicine, and labeling severe cases of mental illnesses as demonic posessions is a thing of the past, or at least it should be.

[edit on 19-10-2008 by Syntax123]

[edit on 19-10-2008 by Syntax123]

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Syntax123
I do not believe that demonic posessions exist. I think they are simply cases of extreme mental illness. We are in a new era of medicine, and labeling severe cases of mental illnesses as demonic posessions is a thing of the past, or at least it should be.

Well... this might be one of those times where you just gotta' see it to believe it.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by KOGDOG

Well... this might be one of those times where you just gotta' see it to believe it.
That's going to be difficult, as there has been absolutely 0 evidence for such a phenomenon.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Malachi Martin, who was one of the top exorcists in the United States for the Catholic Church in the 60s and 70s (if I understand the story right), said that he only visited 1 mental institution, but that he estimated 50% of the occupants there were demon possessed.

Demon possession is most certainly real, and on the rise. The only problem is that "real" doctors/therapists/psychiatrists do not know how to tell the difference between possession and true mental illness.

Again, Malachi Martin had one psychiatrist who wanted to sit in on an exorcism, because he didn't really believe it was real. Turns out the guy quit psychiatry shortly after attending one, having found out they were real indeed. Martin also said that during an exorcism, there is a point (I *think* he called it "the breaking point", but I'm not sure), where EVERYONE (including disbelievers) in the room realizes they are dealing with something that isn't human.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by sir_chancealot

Malachi Martin, who was one of the top exorcists in the United States for the Catholic Church in the 60s and 70s (if I understand the story right), said that he only visited 1 mental institution, but that he estimated 50% of the occupants there were demon possessed.

Demon possession is most certainly real, and on the rise. The only problem is that "real" doctors/therapists/psychiatrists do not know how to tell the difference between possession and true mental illness.

Again, Malachi Martin had one psychiatrist who wanted to sit in on an exorcism, because he didn't really believe it was real. Turns out the guy quit psychiatry shortly after attending one, having found out they were real indeed. Martin also said that during an exorcism, there is a point (I *think* he called it "the breaking point", but I'm not sure), where EVERYONE (including disbelievers) in the room realizes they are dealing with something that isn't human.

So far, we have been able to figure out that illnesses are a cause of pathogens, toxins, etc that would have been labeled as an act of God or a demon in the past. There isn't any evidence that proves demonic posessions to be true other than "I saw (insert unexplained behavior here) happen to someone, and I can not medically explain what happened to (insert person's name here). Therefore, (insert person's name here) had a demonic posession." Just becuase something seems like it can't be explained medically at this point, doesn't mean that it can't be explained medically. Superstition can be very dangerous, as can be noted about the Salem witch trials.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Okay.... I've got some abstract thought patterns going on here right now, so I'll give this a try:

Think of our bodies as infinitely large and infinitely small, with all the dimensions we would encounter without, within as well.

Demons... let's just call them that for now... exist within, as well as without. They exist in another plane of existence, and through certain procedures, they can travel through a rift in space-time and incarnate here. The reason that they don't just appear and say hello all the time for the media is because if we knew they existed, we could do something about them. So how do they incarnate here without appearing in the flesh to the horror of all the tiny little churchy school children? They use the "chakras" as portals. I believe that chakras are like tiny Einstein-Rosen bridges, or rifts in space-time, where energy and spirit from other planes can flow through or "plug in". I think there are seven main chakras, along with quite a few smaller ones located around the main 7...

Well anyway, certain rituals, certain traumas, and certain chemicals can stimulate these chakras to become more open, and whatever state of mind the being whose chakras have been opened is in, it charges certain chakras with either a positive or a negative polarity. Lustful, greedy, gluttonous, apathetic, violent, cruel, manipulative, and selfish behavior... along with certain cruel, violent, and negative rituals and acts... obviously charge these "wormholes" with a negative polarity and opens them to these bizarre worlds where good is bad and destruction is progress.... and these demons live in these realms. Since the polarity is flipped in these realms, their positive is attracted to our negative.... and we willfully pull them in and they plug directly into us. I've seen people change. I'm not a Bible thumper or anything, but I've seen what being drenched in negativity does to good people. It posesses them and they can become cruel, violent, and sometimes downright dangerous. This idiot I know started listening to black metal and getting heavily into dark occult stuff, and not too long after that, he tried to kill me on two separate occasions, both times pronouncing himself as Satan.

I've seen negative entities before, and I know from a close friend who witnessed an event that very powerful people meet in the woods to practice "Satanic Occult crap".

Just try to be positive, and don't be trusting of ouija boards or automatic writing.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Well first, you have to actually be religious.
And believe in God and Demons and the like.
Because if you don't believe in them they don't seem to exist.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   
uhrm

Just as a bit of advice to the OP

Don't reply to any potential u2u's offering to SHOW you how it works

top topics

<<   2 >>

join