It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars pyramids identical to earth pyramids!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Diplomat
Look at the pyramids on Earth, then look at the "pyramids" on Mars.

The pyramids on Earth look exactly like pyramids without a doubt.

The "pyramids" on Mars look nothing like pyramids at all.

Total stretch...
Obviously you have NEVER seen the one that is very well preserved and IS a PYRAMID then!

Search a bit, you'll be amazed when you find it.
I can't believe such denial of REALITY.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Yeah, well it appears 100% natural, given that there are no tool marks, no pathways leading towards it, that ridges are evident and that there is not one iota of evidence pointing towards it being anything other than natural.

Looking at the picture, have you even noticed that none of the sides match, that the ridgelines don't all connect to the same point at the top, that the angles are uneven? did you even look at this image, or just post it?

[edit on 16/9/08 by ChChKiwi]

If your beloved martians built it, they didn't have a very good eye for attention to detail.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarsFanMag

Yeah. Do you have anything that actually demonstrates that this "pyramid" is anything other than a naturally eroded hill? Or is it just one of those "it's obvious" things?

"It's obvious." Yeah, good argument.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChChKiwi

NASA aren't dum. Neither am or Members here.

I'm a member here too, remember that. I'm not here with any agenda other than that of denying ignorance, and your 'findings' just point towards ignorance, in my opinion.
But you can continue deluding yourself (see, I can use ad hominem as well) and misapplying scientific method....just don't expect me to agree with you until you actually prove that they are more than just rocks...I feel you will have a difficult time at this.
Are you on medication? If so, what is it, because I would like some of what you're on!

Yes I certainly have noticed you ARE a member here, ChChKiwi. Ah ah!
And I've not hinted anything else, but for you to hint that "I point to IGNORANCE" , just what makes you think you would know everything about Mars better than anyone?

No I am not on any medication, you won't manage to provoke me into saying anything stupid either, you do this yourself.

And think of what you say, for a lot of people ARE on medication for health problems, so once again you are being nasty to others, in a very irrelevant way.

Yes I DO disagree with you, so, just ignore me a bit will you, since you can't understand that people CAN disagree with you. I have no interest of discussing any topic with you, it doesn't bring me anything. Or don't ignore me, for you always strangely read my posts and come onto my thread, so, I am not bothered of what you do, really. I might not reply to you anymore.

Give me a break Ch Ch Kiwi. You'll enjoy it too.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
*attention*

Stop the bickering, get on topic and stay on topic.

We will not discuss anything but the topic at hand.

Posts will be deleted and the member warned.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
In light of the moderators modifications, I would like to get back on topic and say that there is no proof that Mars pyramids are identical to earth pyramids.
There is a surficial similarity of the features on Mars to the pyramids on Earth, but that can be explained away with even a basic understanding of geology and geologic processes.
Nowhere is there any proof that Mars was the site of an alien, monument-building civilisation, but there are interesting geologic features abounding.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Just a thought, and I have shared this thought on a similar forum, the pyramids today are visible the way they are today because they have been dug out from the sand covering most of the structures. The Sphinx itself only had it's head visible above the sand until the rest of the body was dug out. Wouldn't this be a similar situation for any structures on mars as well being coved by the martian soil almost completely?

The only way to clear up the discussions is to send an archeological team of humans or robots to escavate and determine if there are any buried civilizations beneath the ground. It should be simople enough to equip the rovers with ground penatrating sonar wich would be the first step in the archeological process.

Until this time it can not be said wether the objects viewed are or are not artificial or natural occuring. It is all speculation until such time as an archeological expidition can be sent to Mars even if the first step would be ground penetrating sonar, which by itself might be able to answer the questions.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ChChKiwi

Kiwi I get the feeling we'd better stupidly arguing,

You could be right, I could be right, you mention it can be "explained" "by geological" formations, it would be interesting if you could develop this thought, not that I don't believe you at all.

Yes I look at the photos...stop getting so short of arguments, please, it looks as you struggle too to prove anything. look at the base, very straight lines, and there's a straight line at the top which links the 2 highest points that you say don't join. I OBSERVE the photos, ChCh, I don't just look at them.

I don't say your half nicknames to be annoying btw, I always do this when I start 'knowing' a poster.

EROSION, have you ever thought?

Think, cold, as well, I have to check the context but we know the temperatures are very low there. Ice can wreck structures, then they look shrunk, disformed, is Cydonia icy?

Again forgive my lack of knowledge as I have very little time to come here and got to get back on my feet with my previously saved PC data, I have no shame to say it and I prefer letting other members (including you
know, I'd rather ask than pretend I know a lot about Mars.

I'll leave it to possibilities and I hope we stop getting each-other wrong. I hope you keep an open mind,

Mag

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nohup

Yeah. Do you have anything that actually demonstrates that this "pyramid" is anything other than a naturally eroded hill? Or is it just one of those "it's obvious" things?

"It's obvious." Yeah, good argument.
I got my reply to you deleted though it was only just a laughing smiley back. I laughed because you imagine & invent answers that members can give you.

I never gave the "it's obvious" argument.

Eroded, yes, hill, not, since when do hills erode as pyramidfs? I'd love to see examples.''In the light of this whole thread, think, look, and if you persist in disagreeing, well, you made the point, very clearly, that you do disagree, over and over again.

Look out for a citation about insisting, I won't get the freedom of speech, probably, to quote this author( although he was a very decent French writer), but if you want to google-search it, you might learn from it. People who ALWAYS insist...

Good Night.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   

reply to post by ChChKiwi

Kiwi I get the feeling we'd better stupidly arguing,
Dammit Mars, stop being so reasonable all of a sudden!

. look at the base, very straight lines, and there's a straight line at the top which links the 2 highest points that you say don't join.

I actually said that they don't connect to the same point at the top. Straight lines are not proof, in and of themselves, of 'intelligent design'. There are plenty of examples of straight lines occurring in nature. Plus the sides are different and the angles from the apexes of the ridges on each side are inconsistent. Is there a contextual image, where I can see the surrounding 'Marscape'?

Originally posted by MarsFanMagI don't say your half nicknames to be annoying btw, I always do this when I start 'knowing' a poster.
That's o.k. Mars, I was born in the year of the dog, so I answer to anything (as long as you feed me)

Originally posted by MarsFanMagEROSION, have you ever thought?

Think, cold, as well, I have to check the context but we know the temperatures are very low there. Ice can wreck structures, then they look shrunk, disformed, is Cydonia icy?

Yes, erosion is entirely feasible, but again, is not in and of itself a pointer to intelligent design (I use this term in the context of supposed alien builders on Mars). It may still just leave us with a hill, and there is no possible way of retrospectively reconstructing such an edifice without falling prey to the accusations of bias in one way or another.
Freeze-thaw is another possibility, but this really comes under the catchall of 'erosion'.

Originally posted by MarsFanMagI'd rather ask than pretend I know a lot about Mars.

Yeah, I don't know a lot about Mars either, other than what I observe and what I have read....but I certainly haven't trawled through the plethora of images !

Originally posted by MarsFanMagI'll leave it to possibilities and I hope we stop getting each-other wrong. I hope you keep an open mind,

Mag

Ditto, roger that.

Ka kite ano (see you again).

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 06:27 AM
link   
I have mentioned how most of the pyramids were covered by sand at one point which leads me to believe that any evidence of a former civilization on Mars mught be as well.

www.getty.edu...

Above is a link to an article and a picture of how the great pyramid and sphinx appeared in the 1800's notice how the Great Pyramid seems much smaller and how most of the Sphynx except for its head and bearly anything else is above the sand.
This is how I believe that any remaining stuctures on Mars would look if not even more covered than this. This makes me believe that there is no way by photographs/satalite images alone can we be certain of anything we think we see.
Dismissing any features as rocks would not be accurate either since we can only speculate one way or the other.

[edit on 9/17/2008 by AlienCarnage]

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Here is another story releated to the burried Pyramids here on earth.

www.thehistorychannel.co.uk...

This is a story of a fourth pyramid that was almost completely burried by sand. And it would be biggger than the great pyramid if the top most part had not been removed and used for building the old Cairo.

How would this fourth pyramid fit into the mapping of the pyramids on Mars? It could fit if in fact there are buried remnants of the old society beneath the Martian soil, if in fact there was an ancient society on Mars. It is all speculation after all.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
to Ch from Mars lol

AlienCarnage, you have excellents points there, yes it's what happens imo with the Egyptian pyramids so indeed why not on Mars.

Anyone knows what the soil composition is over Cydonia?

What do we see, an ice surface or another type of surface?

What I can think of as to destruction, apart from erosion, is these numerous meteorites/ asteroids that kept falling onto Mars, and also this big cataclysism I heard of. I will go read about this.

Astroids attacks: has any of these been spotted on missions or are they things from the past just (or perhaps temporarily stopped) ?

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Here is a thought, can you pick out the pyramids in this satalite photo? These are Earth pyramids.

files.abovetopsecret.com... Full pic.
Photo curtosy of Google Maps Satalite images.

If you can is it because you know where to look because you have researched this before or because I told you there were pyramids in the photo. Or are you simply good at picking out such things.

My question next is how eay would it be to find such things on a distant planet if you were trying to find something even similar?

I am not stating there is not anything there on Mars, I am just questioning the difficulty of locating something like this with no real poin t of reference. As far as we know the images that have been suggested as pyramids could have easily been in an area that was coverd by a lake. Since we are really still learning about this planet we should be careful of what we try to suggest. If we ever get an archeoligical mission to mars, we would start getting some of the answers, especially if they were sent to areas of interst such as places thought to be pyramids.

I would love to see museums start to take an interest in explorig Mars for archeoligical reasons, if nothing more than to be the ones who can lay claims to the first pictures of fossils of whatever or even to be the first to lay claim to any scientific descoveries. They could simply run fund raisers to gelp come up with the capital. If each museum around the world band together for this fund raiser type thing, it might not take too long to come up with the funding of such a thing.

Edited to add source of picture.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

um I don't see anything can you point it out to me? Sorry!

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join