It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Borat Sagdiyev, Debunker of the Christian Church

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I've been too lazy to post this for a long time but after seeing the movie recently I could no longer resist

In the 2006 movie Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan

there is a scene where Borat (actor Sacha Baron Cohen) speaks in tongues, like the pastor, perhaps he is "saved" but...lastly and most importantly HE FOOLS EVERYONE THERE, he acts just like them meaning everyone there is doing what? acting? because they all think he's real, and he's feeling the power of the lord so...

52 seconds into this video (BE WARNED, MUSIC COULD BE OFFENSIVE TO SOME) you can see the Borat scene from the movie, 1 minute 9 seconds you see Borat holding hands with a man speaking in tongues, then you see the pastor do what ever it is to Borat (ACTOR Sacha Baron Cohen) and he says "gotta let that tongue go" as Borat is copying the others he has seen by "speaking in tongues" and everyone there believes it to be real...

it clearly can't be BORAT IS AN ACTOR, and this is pretty solid proof that it's all a big show and a boat load of bull crap

and here is i believe to be the same pastor in a video blog, talking about the Borat movie

mods i know the language in the song in the video isn't great, but if you can leave the video up and have a warning (better than mine, more official hopefully) so people can see, cause unless i rip the scene from dvd, or post a streaming video link of the entire movie i can't find the scene in another video

anyways there you have it

Christian Pentecostal meetings DEBUNKED by a comedy actor

[edit on 6-9-2008 by OSSkyWatcher]

yeah it's the same pastor, and in this video he's talking about Borat speaking in tongues

MODERATOR-NOTE: Warning, Video contains some explicit language.

[edit on 6-9-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Wow bro, you caught us red handed. The jig is up. Anybody with any kind of Christ-centered faith in America and the world is fake and have churches and meetings and pastors and congregations exactly like this. Whatever shall we do. Quick, somebody call the bankers and zionists, make it easier to get rid of us. Years of study and prayer by myself and of hundreds of high scholars have been completely debunked. I knew we couldn't keep up this charade forever. There goes our plans of making all the people of the world dance and talk gibberish.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
You may also be interested in this Derren Brown clip:
www.youtube.com...

Note this is just one part in a series. He also poses as a psychic, an alien abductee, a medium, and the inventor of a machine that captures dreams. The series is a good lesson in the importance of questioning beliefs.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   
The church Borat was attending is full of crap. People don't just decide they're going to speak in Japanese/Russin/Italian/French/German/[Insert other language here] and suddenly do it. Speaking in toungues was a miracle from God, given to prophets in the Bible, to communicate with those who did not speak their native language. I have heard cases of it happening in modern times, but it is a very, very, rare occurance; and not the least bit voluntary. If it happens the person it is happening to doesn't even know they're speaking a language they've never spoken before.

The church is just full of crazies, and Borat was acting just crazy as all the other nutjobs.

[edit on 9-9-2008 by the_watcher]

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by the_watcher

These people that supposedly speak in tounges because they have been given a gift from God are not limited to a few "crazies". I experienced this when attending Cornerstone Christian School in San Antonio, as in mega church Cornerstone headed by Pastor John Hagee. We had yearly "revivals" at the school where the youth pastor and school teachers would beg and plead that we lert the holy spirit enter us and to speak in tongues. I had a teacher explain that when she first started to speak in tounges all she could do was go "la, la, la, la, la! I thought to myself well that just making noise. She kept asking that I try it. I shook my head no and sat quietly through the revival. That was in 6th grade. I attended there for 7 years until graduation and it was the same every year. They're many other churches in just like that, speaking in gibberish and fainting from the holy spirit. It's really quite the spectacle.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   
it's pretty clear in the borat movie what's going on, an act, this is why an actor can stand with them, and talk in tongues and do all that they do, and then stop filming the movie a few monthes later and appear on letterman talking with his british accent

wouldn't they know a fake? how can he mimic the feeling of feeling the holy ghost to act so well that they all think he's genuine?

it's like a fruit basket in a store, full of plastic oranges and apples and w/e else, maybe you see it at walmart and the plastic fruit is in it to show off how awesome the bowl would look on your kitchen counter, either way a normal person can tell that the fruit in the bowl is plastic and fake, they can tell the difference between real apples and fake ones

these christians can't spot the "bad apple", why is that? maybe because the bowl is full of bad apples (fake and plastic ones) that's why you can't see the real one because they're all fake apples in the bowl, at least on that day at that pentecostal church meeting it seems like they were all fake apples in the bowl

new topics

top topics

join